• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

SMH another shooting!

SadSavage1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
POLITICO

MAGAZINE
THE AGENDA
PRO
SEARCH

Facebook Twitter Email Comment Print
Continue to article content

UNC Charlotte issued a campus lockdown on Tuesday after reports that shots had been fired. | Ann Hermes/The Christian Science Monitor

LEGAL

Fatal campus shooting at North Carolina college
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 04/30/2019 07:25 PM EDT Updated 04/30/2019 07:45 PM EDT
CHARLOTTE, N.C. ? A shooting on a North Carolina university campus left two people dead and four wounded Tuesday, prompting a lockdown and chaotic scene in the state?s largest city.

UNC Charlotte issued a campus lockdown late Tuesday afternoon, saying shots had been fired.

Story Continued Below

?Shots reported near kennedy. Run, Hide, Fight. Secure yourself immediately,? the university said in an alert, referring to the school?s Kennedy building on campus.

Mecklenburg Emergency Medical Services Agency said on Twitter that two people were found dead at the scene, two others have life-threatening injuries and two others have injuries that are not life-threatening. They said the numbers could change.

Aerial shots from local television news outlets showed police officers running toward a building, while another view showed students running on a campus sidewalk.

The university later reported that law enforcement officers were sweeping campus buildings.

NEW YORK

Andrew Cuomo hits back at Trump over probe of NRA
By NICK NIEDZWIADEK
It was not immediately clear whether the victims were students or whether a suspect was in custody. School officials couldn?t be reached for immediate comment Tuesday evening.

The campus was to host a concert at the school?s football stadium.

The university has more than 26,500 students and 3,000 faculty and staff.

Sam Rice, a senior on UNC Charlotte?s tennis team, told Spectrum News that he was in the library studying for a final exam when he heard people yelling ?shooter, shooter.? He said he heard police yelling for people to stay down and stay on the floor.

He was ?waiting for someone to tell us everything was going to be OK.?

When people were told to leave, he ran out in his socks, running over glass on the floor.

His reaction is ?just shock,? he told the television station. ?It doesn?t feel real.?

___

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
This article tagged under:
Shooting Charlotte Legal University of North Carolina
Missing out on the latest scoops? Sign up for POLITICO Playbook and get the latest news, every morning ? in your inbox.

SHOW COMMENTS

MOST READ

The silver-tongued GOP star in danger of losing his job
Trump sues Deutsche Bank, Capital One to block House subpoenas
Biden extends lead by 11 points in CNN poll with post-announcement surge
Poll: Biden gets 6-point launch bounce
Schiff makes criminal referral to DOJ for Erik Prince
Stephen Moore in peril: ?I don?t imagine he can get the votes?
Behind the 1-day cease fire between Donald, Chuck and Nancy
Biden blasts Trump's 'god-awful, deliberate division' of the country
Washington Is Dismissing China?s Belt and Road. That?s a Huge Strategic Mistake.
Stacey Abrams won't run for Senate
POLITICO MAGAZINE

Washington Is Dismissing China?s Belt and Road. That?s a Huge Strategic Mistake.
By PARAG KHANNA

Joe Biden Actually Is a Dealmaker. And That Could Be aProblem in 2020
By MICHAEL GRUNWALD

An Unexpected Current That's Remaking American Politics
By MICHAEL GRUNWALD

?I Want Him on Everything?: Meet the Woman Behind theButtigieg Media Frenzy
By DAVID FREEDLANDER

Jump to sidebar section
SPONSORED CONTENT

Military Watch Everybody in United States is Talking About
trendy-gadgets.net

[Gallery] 30 Photos of Young Donald Trump You've Never Seen Before
Daily Stuff

[Photos] Fishermen Think They Found A Seal On A Floating Iceberg Until They Got A Closer Look
Coolimba

California: Seniors Qualify For $250k No Medical Life Insurance Policies If They Do This
financejournal24.com

[Photos] His Life After The NBA Is Not What You'd Expect
Coolimba

[Photos] Pastor Sues Poor Mother After $188M Lotto Win
Finance 101
By
About Us
Advertising
Breaking News Alerts
Careers
Credit Card Payments
Digital Edition
FAQ
Feedback
Headlines
Photos
POWERJobs
Press
Print Subscriptions
RSS
Site Map
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
2019 POLITICO LLC

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. If you continue browsing, you accept our use of cookies. You can review our privacy policy to find out more about the cookies we use.

Accept
Close

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

If the local news would say all the shootings that happened in surrounding areas DAILY it would increase awareness and demand action by the police department
I'm not a left winger but it makes sense
Not saying it would help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

If the local news would say all the shootings that happened in surrounding areas DAILY it would increase awareness and demand action by the police department
I'm not a left winger but it makes sense
Not saying it would help

And to think there's other p.o.s.'s like this lurking out there somewhere is scary! People can't even attend school without worrying about some psychopath coming and killing you smdh!

: joint coffee:

And to think there's other p.o.s.'s like this lurking out there somewhere is scary! People can't even attend school without worrying about some psychopath coming and killing you smdh!

Honestly it comes down to mental health
If you suffer from mood swings , paranoia whatever maybe you should take your gun to a psychologist or something and say I'll give you my gun I need to talk. No every one points the finger , why because it's easier to blame as opposed to help.
I've been depressed several times and thought of walking in front of a truck and shit but I've always managed to find someone who would listen. I've missed work because of depression. Maybe make it easier to get help. Last time I spoke to a shrink it took 3 days and $50 . I normally get depressed when I'm struggling to buy food and shit .

I've known several front page killers and have seen ppl for from hand violence , over dose , police violence.
Most of those ppl were at one point normal, but you got to think wtf drove them to do what they did. I knew a guy who raped a girl and burned her alive she died and it took police weeks to figure out it was human remains . I knew a guy who stabbed a girl and her mother 100+ times each then set the house on fire . He was I believe in the army. He was an A student in high school

Murder can be done a number of ways
Crock pots, knives hammers u name it someone can kill you with it . It really boils down to mental health and a failing medical system that bankrupt ppl who need help.

Who knows maybe if my friend was able to get treated for the brain cancer he wouldn't have done it
The other guy maybe he needed a prescription or two to get his hormones in balance, but really if it cost a billion dollars and prevents ppl from offing each other in record fucking numbers do it . We send billions to other countries that hate us.

Yes I agree with you bomb_er to a point. I do believe we have a failing system when it comes to mental health it is a broken system!The government needs pay more attention to (mental health) and people that can't afford it, than wasting money meddling in other countries affairs lol Mental illness is real! I personally have struggled with depression myself and know what it's like to come from a fuqed up background. The only thing is I never thought about offing innocent people or my family because of what I was going through. Innocent people didn't put me in that situation of depression. If anything I thought about offing myself. I don't agree when people killing innocent people use the excuse of mental illness,cause like my mom says" if you're so crazy why don't you stick your hands in a flaming " lol I think people that kill or want to kill are mental but a different kind of mental like they were born a sociopath and something just just snapped in them, or they were just born a psychopath with no conscious or empathy for anyone!let me clarify sociopaths also don't have empathy for anyone either. I also believe they shouldn't let people that are mentally unstable own any kind of weapon like firearms,yes I know a knife or crockpot or baseball bat can kill you, but when the mentally unstable person has an AK-47 or ar15 I rather take my chances with the crockpot or baseball bat

IML Gear Cream!
No one is born a socio path , they are made into that. Bad parenting, too much religion , not enough attention. Today's parents lack ethics, moral and respect , they also can't put their phones down. People now a days say they are offended by everything. With rights and education being taken away daily it's really no surprise there are so many killers. Factor in the inflation of the dollar people are left uneducated, ignored by parents no representation in government and poverty stricken.
It's no surprise people think the earth is flat , it's ok to assault/kill ppl and can't do simple math or spell.

You think if Timmy or Marie were given a little more attention they'd be able to comprehend things better along with know the difference of right and wrong , be able to do fractions and decimals along with use proper grammar to form a sentence

I blame the easily accessible technology. If mom and dad didn't have phones they'd take their kids to the park , soccer practice, fishing and those kids wouldn't be doing the dumb ass challenges.

I read about a few girls they had a sleep over , one fell asleep early and the other girls poured boiling water on her as the " boiling water challenge " yea it didn't end good for that little girl

No one is born a socio path , they are made into that. Bad parenting, too much religion , not enough attention. Today's parents lack ethics, moral and respect , they also can't put their phones down. People now a days say they are offended by everything. With rights and education being taken away daily it's really no surprise there are so many killers. Factor in the inflation of the dollar people are left uneducated, ignored by parents no representation in government and poverty stricken.
It's no surprise people think the earth is flat , it's ok to assault/kill ppl and can't do simple math or spell.

You think if Timmy or Marie were given a little more attention they'd be able to comprehend things better along with know the difference of right and wrong , be able to do fractions and decimals along with use proper grammar to form a sentence

I blame the easily accessible technology. If mom and dad didn't have phones they'd take their kids to the park , soccer practice, fishing and those kids wouldn't be doing the dumb ass challenges.

I read about a few girls they had a sleep over , one fell asleep early and the other girls poured boiling water on her as the " boiling water challenge " yea it didn't end good for that little girl

Psychopaths and sociopaths share a number of characteristics, including a lack of remorse or empathy for others, a lack of guilt or ability to take responsibility for their actions, a disregard for laws or social conventions, and an inclination to violence. A core feature of both is a deceitful and manipulative nature. But how can we tell them apart?

Sociopaths are normally less emotionally stable and highly impulsive ? their behaviour tends to be more erratic than psychopaths. When committing crimes ? either violent or non-violent ? sociopaths will act more on compulsion. And they will lack patience, giving in much more easily to impulsiveness and lacking detailed planning.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, will plan their crimes down to the smallest detail, taking calculated risks to avoid detection. The smart ones will leave few clues that may lead to being caught. Psychopaths don?t get carried away in the moment and make fewer mistakes as a result.

Both act on a continuum of behaviours, and many psychologists still debate whether the two should be differentiated at all. But for those who do differentiate between the two, one thing is largely agreed upon: psychiatrists use the term psychopathy to illustrate that the cause of the anti-social personality disorder is hereditary. Sociopathy describes behaviours that are the result of a brain injury, or abuse and/or neglect in childhood.

Psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made. In essence, their difference reflects the nature versus nurture debate.

There?s a particularly interesting link between serial killers and psychopaths or sociopaths ? although, of course, not all psychopaths and sociopaths become serial killers. And not all serial killers are psychopaths or sociopaths.

Well it seems Psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made, now I feel a lot safer!

Psychopaths and sociopaths share a number of characteristics, including a lack of remorse or empathy for others, a lack of guilt or ability to take responsibility for their actions, a disregard for laws or social conventions, and an inclination to violence. A core feature of both is a deceitful and manipulative nature. But how can we tell them apart?

Sociopaths are normally less emotionally stable and highly impulsive ? their behaviour tends to be more erratic than psychopaths. When committing crimes ? either violent or non-violent ? sociopaths will act more on compulsion. And they will lack patience, giving in much more easily to impulsiveness and lacking detailed planning.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, will plan their crimes down to the smallest detail, taking calculated risks to avoid detection. The smart ones will leave few clues that may lead to being caught. Psychopaths don?t get carried away in the moment and make fewer mistakes as a result.

Both act on a continuum of behaviours, and many psychologists still debate whether the two should be differentiated at all. But for those who do differentiate between the two, one thing is largely agreed upon: psychiatrists use the term psychopathy to illustrate that the cause of the anti-social personality disorder is hereditary. Sociopathy describes behaviours that are the result of a brain injury, or abuse and/or neglect in childhood.

Psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made. In essence, their difference reflects the nature versus nurture debate.

There?s a particularly interesting link between serial killers and psychopaths or sociopaths ? although, of course, not all psychopaths and sociopaths become serial killers. And not all serial killers are psychopaths or sociopaths.

Well it seems Psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made, now I feel a lot safer!

I knew one was born like that and the other was created by society just forgot which one it was ,not that a psychopath is more comforting

another shooting in a gun free zone. how can that be? there?s no guns allowed in a gun free zone the sign says so says no guns how did this happen I don?t understand

another shooting in a gun free zone. how can that be? there?s no guns allowed in a gun free zone the sign says so says no guns how did this happen I don?t understand
Swiper no swiping the thread

Exactly. Why didn't the gun free zone sign stop him? Soft brained liberals are going to now ask "where was the good guy with a gun?" The good guy obeyed the law and didn't bring his gun on campus.

Maybe install a metal detector followed by an immediate turn style . If you beep no entrance the metal detector pepper sprays you and police are called

Name one common sense gun law.
No gun purchases allowed whatsoever in any capacity without thorough back ground checks. You wanted just one example right?

No gun purchases allowed whatsoever in any capacity without thorough back ground checks. You wanted just one example right?

that?s very vague. define ?thorough?

IML Gear Cream!
that?s very vague. define ?thorough?
Defining: the person making the gun purchase has no violent felonies or felonies.The person has no mental health problems that would make him a threat owning a gun!Also the person doesnt hold or involved in any extremist activities is thorough enough?Or do need more examples?

Defining: the person making the gun purchase has no violent felonies or felonies.The person has no mental health problems that would make him a threat owning a gun!Also the person doesnt hold or involved in any extremist activities is thorough enough?Or do need more examples?

not thorough enough.

define extremist activities and who would decide what an extreme activity is.

Who would determine what kind of mental health issues would disqualify you from the purchase of a firearm. And what are all the mental health issues that would disqualify you

not thorough enough.

define extremist activities and who would decide what an extreme activity is.

Who would determine what kind of mental health issues would disqualify you from the purchase of a firearm. And what are all the mental health issues that would disqualify you
You don't don't what extremist activities are? Makes sense, typical Trump supporter response!

Oh me? I can't own a weapon cause I got prior's for so slapping the shit outta idiots like you!

The shooter passed a background check. How did that work out?

Idiot. Those are done in the background check already.

You don't don't what extremist activities are? Makes sense, typical Trump supporter response!

Oh me? I can't own a weapon cause I got prior's for so slapping the shit outta idiots like you!

The only thing you slapped the shit out of was your dick. If you don't think the background checks are thorough why don't you go to a licensed firearm dealer and buy a gun? Tell us how it goes.

The only thing you slapped the shit out of was your dick. If you don't think the background checks are thorough why don't you go to a licensed firearm dealer and buy a gun? Tell us how it goes.
Idiot I just said I can't purchase a gun. I have prior felonies when I was younger and dumber, well all them for fighting in the streets. I don't do stuff like that anymore. I'm a family man now

Idiot I just said I can't purchase a gun. I have prior felonies when I was younger and dumber, well all them for fighting in the streets. I don't do stuff like that anymore. I'm a family man now

Running around trying to be an intimidating punk isn't being a family man.

You're the one saying background checks need to be more strict. So go show us how they currently are not by going and purchasing a gun from a licensed dealer.

Running around trying to be an intimidating punk isn't being a family man.

You're the one saying background checks need to be more strict. So go show us how they currently are not by going and purchasing a gun from a licensed dealer.
Who said I'm running around jackass. I just stay home and work for my family. If I need I will defend myself and my family at all costs!Do I intimidate you sappy? Cause it sounds like it

Back