• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Competition

Montego

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
One of the strongest driving forces in life is competition.

Be it business, sports, intellect or hell, even women and relationships.

Nothing is quite as satisfying as crushing your competition. 4th and goal on the 1. 3-2 tied up with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th. Nothing brings out the best and worst in people then crunch time with everything on the line.

But what about bodybuilding and fitness?

Let's remove the competitive side of bodybuilding from the equation. Very few here compete and it's never really been a big driving force to beat a single person since the outcome is in the hands of people who are being subjective.

So what is the motivation? What are you really competiting against?

You get where I'm going with this. It's yourself.

It's the midnight cookies and chips starting at you in the pantry.

It's June from accounting who had a birthday today and someone brought a fucking double chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.

It's dinner with the family and all that's on the menu is Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes with gravy.

It's staring at 500 lbs on the bar that's waiting to ground you on your next set of deads.

It's that fucker in the mirror you see every morning who you have to do better then he or she did yesterday.

It's the 20 rep hack squat widowmaker that's calling for you after your first two all out sets that almost put you through the floor.

It's just you mind!

The old cliche that you gotta be better then the day before or just beat the guy in the mirror is SO true.

If you aren't competing with your previous best, then what do you expect to happen? You think you'll get better by doing ALMOST as much weight and reps this leg day then last? Is that how it works? Just good enough? I bet you aren't fine with your employees or children being "just good enough" so why accept that for yourself?

Fuck half ass sets, reps, days of eating and cardio sessions. If you're doing it half ass expect half ass results!

Nobody who was ever the all time best at something, be it bodybuilding, sports, cooking or even fucking cross country dog sledding was half assing their preparation. They all had some kind of screw loose in one way or another.

Find that screw, loosen it the fuck up and be the best fucking whatever you can be!

One of the strongest driving forces in life is competition.

Be it business, sports, intellect or hell, even women and relationships.

Nothing is quite as satisfying as crushing your competition. 4th and goal on the 1. 3-2 tied up with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th. Nothing brings out the best and worst in people then crunch time with everything on the line.

But what about bodybuilding and fitness?

Let's remove the competitive side of bodybuilding from the equation. Very few here compete and it's never really been a big driving force to beat a single person since the outcome is in the hands of people who are being subjective.

So what is the motivation? What are you really competiting against?

You get where I'm going with this. It's yourself.

It's the midnight cookies and chips starting at you in the pantry.

It's June from accounting who had a birthday today and someone brought a fucking double chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.

It's dinner with the family and all that's on the menu is Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes with gravy.

It's staring at 500 lbs on the bar that's waiting to ground you on your next set of deads.

It's that fucker in the mirror you see every morning who you have to do better then he or she did yesterday.

It's the 20 rep hack squat widowmaker that's calling for you after your first two all out sets that almost put you through the floor.

It's just you mind!

The old cliche that you gotta be better then the day before or just beat the guy in the mirror is SO true.

If you aren't competing with your previous best, then what do you expect to happen? You think you'll get better by doing ALMOST as much weight and reps this leg day then last? Is that how it works? Just good enough? I bet you aren't fine with your employees or children being "just good enough" so why accept that for yourself?

Fuck half ass sets, reps, days of eating and cardio sessions. If you're doing it half ass expect half ass results!

Nobody who was ever the all time best at something, be it bodybuilding, sports, cooking or even fucking cross country dog sledding was half assing their preparation. They all had some kind of screw loose in one way or another.

Find that screw, loosen it the fuck up and be the best fucking whatever you can be!
Needed to read this! Thanks Montego!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I try.
It gets difficult when dealing with injury and illness.

Sometimes I get burnt out and tell myself I'm going to take a week or two off but I almost always end up only taking a few days off
If you do push pull or upper lower, cutting training in half every six weeks or so works well for preemptive recovery.

Back