Pharmacom Store

HCG: Dosing & PCT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Question HCG: Dosing & PCT

So whereas the "First Cycle and PCT" sticky (dated 2009, at the top of this in this forum) recommends using HCG during "Day 1-16"of PCT in the amount of "2500iu HCG every other day" I'm finding a lot of other online informational sources that say you SHOULD NEVER USE HCG FOR PCT (such as this article https://www.fitnessuncovered.co.uk/p...rapy-pct-guide
    or this video by Dylan Gemelli
    )

I realize there are probably various schools of thought and that information & understanding is constantly evolving, so what's the current recommendation as far as HCG usage? Beyond whether it should, or should not, be used for PCT, I see a lot of variation in dosing recommendations too. I've seen as high as 4,500iu following last pin, or as low as 100iu during cycle.

Anyone care to share any of their insight? Please & thanks.
    Last edited by Testimoney; 06-20-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Sure is quiet around here, huh?

__*___*___ <-- Tumbleweeds

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

HCG is suppressive so it is often used as HRT in the medical field. When I worked in that field, I saw them regularly prescribe that or Clomid as first line HRT prior to transdermal and injectable testosterone.

In PCT, you can use it, but it has to be in the very beginning only. For instance doing 2-3 shots of 500iu every 3rd or 4th day for a total of say the first 2 weeks is fine. This can "jumpstart" the testes better then the Clomid will alone. Another thing you want to pay attention to is dosaging. You should never be using 2500iu. That can desensitize the testes and cause permanent damage.

Those dosage are used by fertility clinics, usually when the male already has damage and cannot conceive. That is why abusive dosages like that are used. But in a healthy male, that is not healthy to utilize.

Another thing to mention. We saw that HPTA takes about 2-12 months to return in a male. Depending on multiple variables but age and cycle history is certainly a factor. The older the patient is, and the more steroid cycles he has abused, the longer it is going to take to return.

So for this reason PCT should be several months in any user. Even 25mgs of clomid daily is well tolerated and better to be safe then sorry. So for my clients regardless of cycle history, we never do less then a 3 month utilization of clomid, usually again low dose at 25mgs ED.