• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Long-term water fasting

TheGreatSatan

38lbs lost
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
It's been about 3 years since I posted. I got kind of fat so I went on a 21-day water fast and lost 38 lbs. I'm still doing anywhere between 5 and 7 day fasts in an effort to keep the weight off. Who else has experience with fasting?

Seems like would not be healthy and would slow down your metabolism ? I would think 6 lbs a month on steady basis would be best .What is your thoughts behind this -Thanks-OD

All the research I've seen on this subject in the last few years has shown that your metabolism does not slow down

Interesting- but why such long fasts ? Maybe intermittent " might " do the same ? Thanks for input-OD

In my case,
I fasted for twenty days,

1st day was rather easy, as in used to skip breakfast, and sometimes lunch. Second and third day were a bit difficult, and cravings start to pop in my head, food and eating invade your thoughts.for the fourth day, I was in a ?wow, I'm doing this, and I think that's when ketosis kicks in, and suddenly hunger goes away, I started feeling little dizzy and light headed, but generally speaking, I felt very well, despite the fact of not eating anything for 100 hours.

Days from five to thirteen were easy, and what I did to satisfy my cravings, was to cook them for my kids, BLT? Cook them a BLT, chorizo bread and cheese, the same, also for my weekend BBQ, I still did them, but ?eat? water, while my friends enjoyed the meat and beer.

Two weekends I did that, while Mon to Fri I was really busy, and I took a nap while the family ate, other than that, I think hunger wasn't showing.

On the scale, I lost like 30 pounds, but regained 8 in the first 3 days, water, poop and a working intestine does that.

What the watt fasting really does to your bodyand mind is amazing, I.got my cholesterol levels from dangerously high ( over 400) down to 140. My triglycerides from a whopping 1300 to 130. Also prongs now are reasonable, completely changed my point of view for snacks, sodas, chips, and other junk food. Most of the weight is water weight, glycogen, poop weight. You'll actually lose about 3-4 pounds on a week fast.

I think I'll do another fast soon.

How much water per day ? Just plain water ? Thanks

I think the best plan would to not get fat in the first place to where you had to take such drastic measures

I will state the obvious here. Of course, you're going to lose weight if you don't eat for 21 days. That does not make long-term fasting a health-conscious plan. You're starving your body and mind of essential vitamins, minerals, fats, and proteins and putting yourself in danger of serious health risks.

Keeping balance in your life will help you maintain the wellness of mind and body, are you confined to a bed or do you have physical handicaps that limit your lifestyle?

Last edited:
Physically, the first few days are hell. You're exhausted. You crave carbs because your glycogen stores are empty. You cant do much. You're lightheaded and dizzy. But after about three days your body enters ketosis and you dont feel that way anymore! Your body metabolizes fat. So you're not all that hungry either.

IML Gear Cream!
I noticed that I just generally felt a lot better and my mind was much clearer and more focused. It was really easy to concentrate.

Back