Gotta get BIG

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta get BIG

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Gotta get BIG

Alright, back from the olympia and it is time to get serious!! I worked out a little bit last week but for the most part the workouts were just active rest. I ate like a pig and now it is time to get back on track. I am starting my real, serious, bulk right now. I need to get to 200lbs before Jan. 1 and then I will start dieting form there in hopes to do a show late march (right now I am thinking about the Mr. Buffalo). As always I'll log my workouts and do my best to log my diet, when time permits me, probably on the weekends.

My training split is this:
    mon-chest
    tues-back
    wed-off
    thurs-legs
    fri-delts/traps
    sat-arms
    sun-off

I am going to do three week training cycles to prevent adaptation and hopefully keep on growing. Week 1 is going to be my heavy week, utilizing a rep range of 5-8. Week 2 is going to be a lighter week utilizing a rep range of 8-15 and Week 3 will be a week of supersets, trisets, giantsets and all out chaos. Then the cycle starts over with week 1.

10/27- chest;abs
    bench press
    245x8
    255x6
    255x4+1

15 degrees incline dumbell bench press
    90x8
    90x5
    80x5
    80x6+1

decline flyes
    (steep decline)
    55x8
    55x5
    (less of a decline)
    60x7+1
    70x3

peck deck
    165x8
    165x7
    165x7

low cable cross over
    plate#6x6
    plate#5x8
    plate#5x7

As always please feel free to ask questions and make comments or suggestions.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Hey Funky

While you are going on a bulk, I just finished mine I'm guessing a good 15lb gain in Vegas

It was nice meeting you. Too bad you had to leave early.

As you know, I'll be watching your journal

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Welcome Back Jodi!

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

OK we need some current pics!!!!!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don't have any pics right now? I have some form the olympia, standing next to some of the bodybuilders but I don't have nayhting with my shirt off. I will try and snap some and post them for you sometime next week. I am 5'5" and 190lbs.

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

here was yesterdays workout (today is an off day).

10/28 back (5-8 rep range day)

bent over rows
    205x7
    205x7
    205x6
    205x5

paralell bar pull ups
    bw x 8
    bw x 6
    bw x 5

reverse grip pull downs
    plate#13x8
    plate#15x6
    [;ate#13x7

wide grip seated machine row
    170x8
    17-x6
    150x8
    150x8

dumbell pull overs
    75x8
    85x8
    85x8

hyperextensions
    bw + 25x10
    bw + 25x10
    bw + 25x10

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

10/30 legs (5-8 reps range day)

barbell split squat
    155x8
    175x8
    195x8
    215x7
    225x6

stiff leg deads
    225x8
    245x6
    245x5
    245x5

lying leg curl
    115x8
    120x6
    115x6
    110x10

dumbell step ups
    55x5
    40x8
    40x6

standing unilateral cable abduction (no rest inbetween sets)
    plate#3x12
    plate#4x8
    plate#4x6

seated calf raises
    4 plates x 8
    4 plates x 6
    4 plates x 6

45 degree calf raise
    340x7
    340x8
    340x8

10/31 delts, traps, obliques
    seated smith machine press (weight not including bar)
    140x8
    160x7
    180x5

unilateral cable lateral raise
    20x8
    25x8
    15x8
    15x8

mid cable rear delt
    20x5
    15x8
    15x8

reverse peck deck
    120x8
    120x8
    120x8
    120x8

seated dumbell lateral raises
    15x8
    20x7
    20x7

cable upright row
    stack x 8
    stack x8

barbell shrugs
    365x8
    405x6
    405x5

dumbell shrugs
    100x12
    100x12

today, 10/31, meals

Let me start by saying.........not enough cals..............still hungry.

m1
    8 whites
    2 slices of cheddar cheese
    1/2c brown rice
    1tbsp flax

m2
    2 scoops optimum whey
    1c brow rice
    2tsp low sodium teryiaki sauce
    steamed veggies
    8 fish oil tablets

m3
    2 turkey burgers
    2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
    steamed broccoli

m4
    met-rx mrp shake

m5
    6oz chicken
    1c brown rice
    1/2c black beans
    salsa

m6
    1can albacore tuna
    2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
    1tbsp mayo
    apple

m7
    met-rx protein bar

m8
    1.5c cottage cheese
    stawberries

totals
    3324 cals
    328.5g protein
    211g carbs
    110.5g fat

Rep Points

So, do you think you do enough sets?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

well, since there were no super sets or tri sets in this worout I would say the volume was pretty mild for me. I did the whole thing in under an hour. The volume of my workouts is pretty comparable to the volume that you do also, no?

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

11/1 bi's, tri's, forearms, lower abs (5-8 rep day)

seated dumbell curls (bilateral-both arms at the same time)
    35x8
    40x6
    40x5
    35x5

preacher curl
    85x5
    65x8
    65x7

standing dumbell hammer curl (bilateral)
    30x8
    35x6
    35x5

cable curl
    plate#10x8
    plate#10x6

close grip bench press
    185x8
    205x7
    215x5

dumbell skullcrushers
    35x8
    45x5
    40x6
    40x6

reverse grip tricep pressdown
    plate#10x8
    plate#11x8
    plate#13x7

overhead dumbell tricep extension
    30x5
    20x10

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Looking good man. How are you feeling with this so far?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I feel really good. I am really hungry. Last week, when I went to the olympia, I only got to work out three days so it was a nice break. I have been back in the gym like an animal. I fired all of my training partners and now only workout by myself. My weight has been fluctuating between 187-190lbs. I can't weight to hit 200lbs.

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Looks like your going in the right direction! How long are your w/o lasting and what's your rest time like between sets?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

My workouts are about 1hr. now (especially since I have no more training partners), sometimes a little longer when I do my abs or when I throw in some cardio (about 2x's a week, 25-30min. a shot, if I can). Rest interval changes with regard to which week it is (see my first post were I explain what I am doing each week), and what the intensity level is.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Damn Ney York City Marathon. They run right down the street, one block form my apartment so now I can't even cross the street to go grocery shopping. What a bunch of bull shit. Why should my day be interupted because some 1000+ "skinny fat" assholes feel like running 26miles........Inconsiderate bastards.

Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk
    well, since there were no super sets or tri sets in this worout I would say the volume was pretty mild for me. I did the whole thing in under an hour. The volume of my workouts is pretty comparable to the volume that you do also, no?
    Typically my workouts are 21-30 sets. However, I'm trying out lower volume and low reps for a little while.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

yeah, it is good to mix it up every once in a while.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Alright, after slaving over the stove all day I have prepared my meals for the week. I will list the my moday and tuesday day meals here and the meals the rest of the week are exactly the same. I know it is boring, but I like keeping it simple and easy.

Monday food:

5g creatine upon rising

meal 1
    8 egg whites
    1c oats
    1tbsp flax

m2
    2 scoops optimum whey
    11oz sweetpotato
    2 CLA caps

m3 (post workout)
    Pro lab lean mass matrix cinnamon oatmeal flavor

m4
    6oz chicken
    1c brown rice
    1/2c black ceans
    4 fish oil caps

m5
    2 turkey burgers
    2 pieces of wheat bread
    1 apple

m6
    1 can albacore tune
    1 tbsp mayo
    2 pieces wheat bread
    1 apple
    4 fish oil caps

m7
    homemade turkey chilli (489cals, 55g protein, 22g carbs, 20g fat)

m8
    1.5c cottage cheese
    strawberries

totals
    3879 cals
    374,3g protein (40%)
    305.8g carbs (30%)
    114g fat (30%)

tuesday meals:

m1
    8 whites
    1 piece of cheddar cheese
    1 tbsp flax
    2 shredded wheat biscuts
    1c skim milk

m2
    1 can albacore tune
    1 tbsp mayo
    2 pieces wheat bread
    1 apple
    4 fish oil caps

m3
    2 turkey burgers
    2 pieces of wheat bread
    1 apple

m4
    Pro lab lean mass matrix cinnamon oatmeal flavor

m5
    homemade turkey chilli (489cals, 55g protein, 22g carbs, 20g fat)

m6
    6oz chicken
    1c brown rice
    1/2c black ceans
    2 CLA caps

m7
    same as meal 2

m8
    1.5 cups cottage cheese
    strawberries

totals
    3847 cals
    369.8g protein (40%)
    274.8g carbs (30%)
    117.5g fat (30%)

Rep Points

I see you've added fish oil

So whats in that Turkey chili anyway? Sounds yummy

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

the turkey chilli is ground turkey, chilli powder, 16oz crushed tomatos, one can of kidney beans and chilli spices.

Yes I got the fish oil because when I went home to Cleveland after the Olympia I went to Cosco (a wholesale store) and purchased the big ass economy bottle. Otherwise I would never by it because they only sell it in 90-100 cap bottles here and I would go through those to easily.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

This week is Hypertorphy week so I am shooting for a rep range of 8-15 on all exercises.....Grrrrr I hate I high reps. Also, I am adding some of my laggin muscle groups to my chest and back days so that they can get more work. On chest day I will add some side delts and on back day I will add some hamstirg work.

11/3 shest, side delts, upper abs (8-15 reps day)

I am sick today so this workout kind of sucked. I really couldn;t move the weight that I wanted to. However, on my first exercise, decline bench press, the trainer that was working the floor was this extremly cute girl that I have a huge crush on so she got to spot me (since I fired my training partners....lol). My testosterone levels went throught the roof.....not only did I have to fight the weight I had to fight a ragging hard on (waite a minute did I just say that??).

decline bench press
    225x13 (could have gotten 15 if I could breathe out of my nose today)
    225x9
    dropset 205x8,145x8

dominatrix flyes
    plate#2; 25lb dumbell x 15
    plate#3; 30lb dumbell x 12
    plate#3; 30lb dumbell x 10

high cable cross over
    plate#5x15
    plate#6x13
    plate#7x9

neutral grip 15 degreee incline press
    60x12
    60x8
    50x10

unilateral dumbell lateral raises with 2 count pause at top on movement
    15x10
    15x9
    10x10

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

11/4 back; hamstrings (8-15 rep range)

romanian deadlifts
    185x14
    185x10
    185x10

bent over neutral grip dumbell row, both arms at a time (sagital plane)
    60x12
    60x12
    60x12
    60x12

pull ups with a towel wrapped around the towel bar to increase grip strength
    bw x 5
    bw x 4
    (these are really hard)

unilateral cable row, elbow high (transverse plane), no rest inbetween sets
    plate#4x15
    plate#4x12
    plate#4s10

wide grip pull down
    plate#8x12
    plate#8x12
    plate#8x12
    plate#8x12

spider row(wide grip)
    2 plates x 10
    2 plates x 10

seated leg curls with toes pointed to take the gastrocnemius out of the exercise and focus more on the hamstrings
    125x15
    140x12
    140x10

swiss ball hyper extensions
    bw x 12
    bw x 12
    bw x 12

Ouch, my back is already sore!!

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk

I am sick today so this workout kind of sucked. I really couldn;t move the weight that I wanted to. However, on my first exercise, decline bench press, the trainer that was working the floor was this extremly cute girl that I have a huge crush on so she got to spot me (since I fired my training partners....lol). My testosterone levels went throught the roof.....not only did I have to fight the weight I had to fight a ragging hard on (waite a minute did I just say that??).
    P-funk, I thought you were a nice sweet guy when I met you I hope you had loose pants on...or at least a long shirt we girls notice these things

I am sick too. Working out with a scratchy throught and clogged nose is anything BUT fun
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

Rep Points

Originally posted by Leslie
    P-funk, I thought you were a nice sweet guy when I met you I hope you had loose pants on...or at least a long shirt we girls notice these things

We sure do.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

LMAO........holy shit leslie, that is ridiculous!!!

I actually wouldn't ever say something like that. that is why I said in parenthases (did I just say that??). Luckily I didn't really have a hard on.....that would be pretty embarasing.

Rep Points

Suuuuuuure you didn't.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No I really didn't.......honestly

She is really cute though.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Some updates....Diet is going well, I am right at 3500-4000cals per day, closer to 4000. I am weighing a solid 190lbs and just started creatine again this week. This is my second week of caloric maintenace. next week I am going to drop my calories to maintenace, around 3000-3200, which will go right along with my trinaing program, as I up the vokume for my chaos week and go with crazy intensity and speed through a week of supersets, trisets and giantsets.

Now, onto a problem..........advice would be greatly appreciated here............I think I am in love with one of my clients!!! Okay, not in love obviuosly, but a crush, yes, infatuated, yes. She is really smart and funny and has an amazing personality. We have a lot of things in common and our training sessions usually end up with us talking and having a good time (along with me kicking her ass ofcourse ). She is in really great shape, she is really pretty and has some of the most beautiful eyes and she can squat perfectly (that is really hot!!). But the problem is two fold.....(1) she is 29 years old and I am 24 so, although that doesn't bother me it may bother her.......(2) This would totaly change the scope of the "trainer/client relationship".

Opinions??

Rep Points

Now, onto a problem..........advice would be greatly appreciated here............I think I am in love with one of my clients!!! Okay, not in love obviuosly, but a crush, yes, infatuated, yes. She is really smart and funny and has an amazing personality. We have a lot of things in common and our training sessions usually end up with us talking and having a good time (along with me kicking her ass ofcourse ). She is in really great shape, she is really pretty and has some of the most beautiful eyes and she can squat perfectly (that is really hot!!). But the problem is two fold.....(1) she is 29 years old and I am 24 so, although that doesn't bother me it may bother her.......(2) This would totaly change the scope of the "trainer/client relationship".

Opinions??
    Is this the same girl that gave you a hard on the other day?

Seriously, if you think there is a connection then go for it. What have you got to lose Funky? Thats only 5 years difference and not a big deal. Start out by going for a cup of coffee and talk. Get to know one another. She already knows how damn cute you are so once she sees your charming personality, how smart and mature you are, then it will fall into place. AND if it doesn't, then you didn't lose anything, you still have your trainer/client relationship and probably just made a new friend.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting a life

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No,lol, that is not the one I had a "hard on" for. That girl is a trainer at the gym also. This gril is my client. I have nothing to lose except I would have to still train her every week and that would be kind of weird if I start hitting on her.....lol.

Not getting a life yet............just pretending....err, trying!!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast