• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gotta get BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
IML Gear Cream!
sorry for the ignorance but whats the difference between a giant set, tri set, super set?

superset- two exercises performed back to back with no rest inbetween them but rest after the second exercise is finished.

triset- three exercises performed back to back with no rest inbetween them but rest after the third exercise is finished.

giant- four or more exercises performed back to back with no rest inbetween them but rest after the final exercise is finished.

the exercises can be performed for antagonist muscle groups (ie bis and tris or back and chest). Or as you can see I like to do them with the same muscle group.

oh sweet clear and simple

Yo Pat what is all this sappy ass love bullshit thats going on around here? I came to your journal to try and get some ideas on ways to torture myself...instead i'm reading about you bitching that three chicks want to ride the Pat express.

Dude, chicks are like workout splits...they need to be cycled :D

Let the flaming begin hehe.

Yanick: thats wierd shit man i just mentioned u a couple of posts ago, im like havnt seen that russian fella Yanick post ni thing in a while

btw : "death gotta be easy cause life is hard it will leave you physically mentally and emotionally scarred" ---> 50 cent - many men

Subscribe

I like your workout, and you have quite the interesting thread here :D

sorry guys, haven't p[osted in a while because I forgot to pay my phone bill and it got shut off.....lol:D . So now I my up and running again. I 'll try and post my workouts later.

I like your workout, and you have quite the interesting thread here

thanks for stopping bye:thumb:

Yo Pat what is all this sappy ass love bullshit thats going on around here? I came to your journal to try and get some ideas on ways to torture myself...instead i'm reading about you bitching that three chicks want to ride the Pat express.

Yan, stay the hell out of my journal you freak.....or I will come to your house and attack you:) lol

Perfecto,

i haven't posted on any boards for a while. I stopped posting a lot (probably because i lost my job which is when i would usually be on a board) but i would stop in and read every once in a while. Also bout the 50 cent quote...i know that know but when i made that sig i hadn't heard the song yet, thanks for the heads up though.

Pat,

bring it on you pansy:D

Originally posted by Yanick

:haha: The Pat express :funny:

Dude, chicks are like workout splits...they need to be cycled :D

Let the flaming begin hehe.

:finger:

Men are like Beer. The first sip is always bitter. No matter how many varieties you try, they are essentially the same, tasteless, full of bubbles, destabilize your metabolism and give you a headache. :laugh:

IML Gear Cream!
alright, here are the workouts from the rest of the week that I have not posted yet because my phone line was turned off:

11/13 legs

triset
a. trap bar squats 225x8, x8, x8, x8
b. stiff leg deads 135x10, x8, x8, x8
c. leg press; 10 plates x 10, x8, x8, x8

superset
a. leg ext; plate# 12x12, x12, x12
b. lying leg curl 100x12, x12, x12

superset
a. 45 degree calf raises 220x15, x12, x10, x10
b. calf hops holding 10lb plates in each hand x60, x60, x50, x50

11/14 shoulders/traps

a. standing neutral grip dumbell press (shoulders rotated forward to hit the sagital plane) 45x20, 55x9, 55x8, 55x6
b. standing straight arm dumbell lateral raise 25x7, 20x6, 20x6, 20x5

superset
a. machine shoulder press, sitting backwards/facing the back pad; plate#9x10, plate#10x12, plate#10x8
b. reverse peck deck 120x12, x12, x10

superset
a. standing cable lateral raise 25x12, 25x10, x 25x11
b. bent over cable rear delt raises 15x10, 10x10, 10x10

barbell shrugs
314x12
375x8
375x8

I was working out with one of my freinds who is a huge guy and an ex-powerlifter. After the workout we decided to ride the bike for 20min. I swear to god you would have thought the world stopped when we both hopped on the bikes. Clients were coming up to us saying "what the hell are you two doing on the bike? You guys don't do cardio?" (he is a trainer also). Then our manager wlks by and says "holy shit!! You two are doing cardio together? I gotta get a camera and take a picture of this." To which my friend replied "Yeah, well you better take it quick because were both going to be fuckin' dead in 20min.!!" LOL

11/15 arms

superset
a. olympic bar curls 95x12, x10, x8, x8
b. cambered bar skull crushers 95x10, 105x8, 105x8x 105x8

superset
a. reverse grip cable curl; plate#10x10, #8x15, #8x15
b. rope press down; plate#13x10, #11x12, #11x12

dumbell concentration curl
30x10
30x8
30x8

standing reverse grip overhead olympic bar tricep extensions
65x12
85x9
85x6

here is what a big fat ass like myself will be eating this week:

meal 1
8 egg whites
1 piece of cheddar
1c oats
10 flax caps

m2
2 turkey burgers
10oz sweetpotato

m3 (post workout)
prolab lean mass matrix MRP

m4
1can albacore
1tbsp mayo
1 apple
4 fish oil caps

m5
6oz chicken
1c brown rice
1/2c black beans

m6
2 scoops optimum whey
2 slices of wheat bread
2tbsp natty peanut butter
apple

m7
1.5c cottage cheese
4 fish oil caps
stawberries

totals
3394.5cals
303.5g protein (40%)
271g carbs (35%)
96.5g fat (25%)

If I am still hungry (which I usually am) I will throw in an apple in my last meal or more protein and/or fat somewhere along the day. Cals fluctuate between 3400 and 4000 daily.

yup, a big pig............bw is 192lbs....almost there

:clap: Good for you! :thumb: How's your BF%

I don't know what the exact percentage is. I can still flex and see abs and I still have shouler veins. I feel like a big fat ass but my freind keeps telling me that I am still lean. He thinks that because I have never carried this much mass I just feel fat. If I had to guess I would say 12%, I can live with that. I don't want to diet down until I know I will be big and not a skinny little bitch like 99% of all the guys in the gym that are "cutting".....It is like "what the fuck are you trying to cut? You have no muscle already, what are you just oging to be skinny?"

So once you reach 200 what are you going to do then?

JUst sit around and be fat ofcourse......what does anyone do at 200lbs?:p

no, seriously, I hope to get to 200lbs and then start a precontest diet. Or if i get there and have time, depending on how I look, I will keep bulking a little longer.

I wanna see pics :p Given that your like me, vertically challenged, :lol: you must be fucking huge! :eek:

IML Gear Cream!
well, I am a good 10lbs heavier than I was when you saw me. People keep telling me that if I get any bigger I am going to be scary......lol

question: standing straight arm dumbell lateral raise's, are they to be performed with deadstraight arms or like a 15degree angle?

also, reverse grip cable/db curls, is that just doing curls with ure fists facing away from you? if so wat would be the benefit in that?

also, have you got any progress pics?

cheers

yes, the lateral raises are done with dead straight arms, no cheating. It is much harder to aaply force when you have straight arms than when they are bent because inthat situation you are moving the resistance closer to the access of rotaition (your shoulder).

I don't have any recent pics, I have a couple form about 3 months ago, maybe even longer than that, where I am about 178lbs. I need to remember to take some new ones though.

Biomechanics lesson when is comes to biceps:

there are three muscles flex the elbow (these are your biceps) they are the brachiallis, the biceps brachii and the brachioradiallis.
There are two bones in the forearm where these muscles attach, the radius and the unla. the radius rotates over the ulna during pronation (palms down) and supination(palms up) of the forearm, the unla does not move. The biceps brachii attaches medially to the radius and helps to pull the forerarm into supination while the brachioradiallis attaches laterally to the radius and pulls the forearm into pronation. The brachiallis attaches to the ulna, it works in any position (pronation or supination) and is the main elbow flexor because the ulna does not move. If I do things in a reverse grip then I am stressing the brachioradiallis because I am in pronation which is causing a shortening of the biceps brachii and a lengthening of the brachiallis alowing it to apply more force.

i was taught to never use a straight arm, even when doing side lateral raises etc, because it puts too much stress on your shoulder and could cause injury, but i guess this could have been wrong.

i understand you have to use all sorts of grips on different exercises to hit different parts of a muscle, but you would not incorporate the reverse curl as a main exercise would you? your using it in order to mix your routine up am i right?

straight arm should not have any different effect on the shoulder than a bent arm, except for the fact that you have to use lighter weight with straight arms because you need to apply more force to move the weight.

Every time I train biceps I include an exercise for the brachioradiallis to make sure it gets worked.

back to the start of my training cycle with my heavy week.

11/17 chest/abs (5-8 rep range)
incline bench press
225x8
235x7
245x5
255x3+1

decline neutral grip dumbell press (elbows in to keep the shoulder in the sagital plane)
90x8
100x7
100x5

midcable crossover
70x10
80x8
90x5

incline dumbell flyes
60x8
70x5
70x5

that's all, short and sweet today.....feeling to depressed to go for more volume.

Hey what kind of supplimentation are you on..? Also whats got ya down man.. Sounds like you are doin really good training wise.

Supplements:

creatine (when bulking I do 10g a day but I ran out)
multi vitamin
vitamin c
b complex
EFAs (fish and flax oil)
ZMA (right now I have muscletech acetabolan III because I got it cheap. when it runs out I will go with a cheaper brand or just make my own)
CLA

Thanks, I feel like am doin; well training wise also, I have made gfreat gains. If that was all I needed to be happy then life would be simple. unfortunatly my depression stems from other areas of my life.

11/18 back (5-8 rep range)

romanian deadlift
225x8
275x6
315x5

bent over row
185x8
185x8
185x6
(should have been using 205 or 215lbs for the rows but my lower back was fried after the deads so I couldn't really stabalize myself. I always tell myself that I will never again do heavy deadlifts and heavy bent over rows on the same day because of the strain on the lower back and I never hold myself to it.....I am a creature of habit)

close grip pull ups
bw + 10x8
bw + 20x7
bw + 25x7
bw + 35x5

wide grip pull ups
bw x 5
bw x 5

wide grip seated cable row
plate#11x8
plate#13x8
plate#13x8