• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gotta get BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-funk

Patrick
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright, back from the olympia and it is time to get serious!! I worked out a little bit last week but for the most part the workouts were just active rest. I ate like a pig and now it is time to get back on track. I am starting my real, serious, bulk right now. I need to get to 200lbs before Jan. 1 and then I will start dieting form there in hopes to do a show late march (right now I am thinking about the Mr. Buffalo). As always I'll log my workouts and do my best to log my diet, when time permits me, probably on the weekends.

My training split is this:
mon-chest
tues-back
wed-off
thurs-legs
fri-delts/traps
sat-arms
sun-off

I am going to do three week training cycles to prevent adaptation and hopefully keep on growing. Week 1 is going to be my heavy week, utilizing a rep range of 5-8. Week 2 is going to be a lighter week utilizing a rep range of 8-15 and Week 3 will be a week of supersets, trisets, giantsets and all out chaos. Then the cycle starts over with week 1.

10/27- chest;abs
bench press
245x8
255x6
255x4+1

15 degrees incline dumbell bench press
90x8
90x5
80x5
80x6+1

decline flyes
(steep decline)
55x8
55x5
(less of a decline)
60x7+1
70x3

peck deck
165x8
165x7
165x7

low cable cross over
plate#6x6
plate#5x8
plate#5x7

As always please feel free to ask questions and make comments or suggestions.:thumb:

:wave: Hey Funky ;)

While you are going on a bulk, I just finished mine :grin: I'm guessing a good 15lb gain in Vegas :lol:

It was nice meeting you. Too bad you had to leave early.

As you know, I'll be watching your journal :)

Welcome Back Jodi! ;)

OK we need some current pics!!!!!

I don't have any pics right now? I have some form the olympia, standing next to some of the bodybuilders but I don't have nayhting with my shirt off. I will try and snap some and post them for you sometime next week. I am 5'5" and 190lbs.

here was yesterdays workout (today is an off day).

10/28 back (5-8 rep range day)

bent over rows
205x7
205x7
205x6
205x5

paralell bar pull ups
bw x 8
bw x 6
bw x 5

reverse grip pull downs
plate#13x8
plate#15x6
[;ate#13x7

wide grip seated machine row
170x8
17-x6
150x8
150x8

dumbell pull overs
75x8
85x8
85x8

hyperextensions
bw + 25x10
bw + 25x10
bw + 25x10

10/30 legs (5-8 reps range day)

barbell split squat
155x8
175x8
195x8
215x7
225x6

stiff leg deads
225x8
245x6
245x5
245x5

lying leg curl
115x8
120x6
115x6
110x10

dumbell step ups
55x5
40x8
40x6

standing unilateral cable abduction (no rest inbetween sets)
plate#3x12
plate#4x8
plate#4x6

seated calf raises
4 plates x 8
4 plates x 6
4 plates x 6

45 degree calf raise
340x7
340x8
340x8

10/31 delts, traps, obliques
seated smith machine press (weight not including bar)
140x8
160x7
180x5

unilateral cable lateral raise
20x8
25x8
15x8
15x8

mid cable rear delt
20x5
15x8
15x8

reverse peck deck
120x8
120x8
120x8
120x8

seated dumbell lateral raises
15x8
20x7
20x7

cable upright row
stack x 8
stack x8

barbell shrugs
365x8
405x6
405x5

dumbell shrugs
100x12
100x12

today, 10/31, meals

Let me start by saying.........not enough cals..............still hungry.

m1
8 whites
2 slices of cheddar cheese
1/2c brown rice
1tbsp flax

m2
2 scoops optimum whey
1c brow rice
2tsp low sodium teryiaki sauce
steamed veggies
8 fish oil tablets

m3
2 turkey burgers
2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
steamed broccoli

m4
met-rx mrp shake

m5
6oz chicken
1c brown rice
1/2c black beans
salsa

m6
1can albacore tuna
2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
1tbsp mayo
apple

m7
met-rx protein bar

m8
1.5c cottage cheese
stawberries

totals
3324 cals
328.5g protein
211g carbs
110.5g fat

:eek:

So, do you think you do enough sets? :shake:

well, since there were no super sets or tri sets in this worout I would say the volume was pretty mild for me. I did the whole thing in under an hour. The volume of my workouts is pretty comparable to the volume that you do also, no?

11/1 bi's, tri's, forearms, lower abs (5-8 rep day)

seated dumbell curls (bilateral-both arms at the same time)
35x8
40x6
40x5
35x5

preacher curl
85x5
65x8
65x7

standing dumbell hammer curl (bilateral)
30x8
35x6
35x5

cable curl
plate#10x8
plate#10x6

close grip bench press
185x8
205x7
215x5

dumbell skullcrushers
35x8
45x5
40x6
40x6

reverse grip tricep pressdown
plate#10x8
plate#11x8
plate#13x7

overhead dumbell tricep extension
30x5
20x10

IML Gear Cream!
Looking good man. How are you feeling with this so far?

I feel really good. I am really hungry. Last week, when I went to the olympia, I only got to work out three days so it was a nice break. I have been back in the gym like an animal. I fired all of my training partners and now only workout by myself. My weight has been fluctuating between 187-190lbs. I can't weight to hit 200lbs.

Looks like your going in the right direction! How long are your w/o lasting and what's your rest time like between sets?

My workouts are about 1hr. now (especially since I have no more training partners), sometimes a little longer when I do my abs or when I throw in some cardio (about 2x's a week, 25-30min. a shot, if I can). Rest interval changes with regard to which week it is (see my first post were I explain what I am doing each week), and what the intensity level is.

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Damn Ney York City Marathon. They run right down the street, one block form my apartment so now I can't even cross the street to go grocery shopping. What a bunch of bull shit. Why should my day be interupted because some 1000+ "skinny fat" assholes feel like running 26miles........Inconsiderate bastards.

Originally posted by P-funk
well, since there were no super sets or tri sets in this worout I would say the volume was pretty mild for me. I did the whole thing in under an hour. The volume of my workouts is pretty comparable to the volume that you do also, no?
Typically my workouts are 21-30 sets. However, I'm trying out lower volume and low reps for a little while. :)

yeah, it is good to mix it up every once in a while.

Alright, after slaving over the stove all day I have prepared my meals for the week. I will list the my moday and tuesday day meals here and the meals the rest of the week are exactly the same. I know it is boring, but I like keeping it simple and easy.

Monday food:

5g creatine upon rising

meal 1
8 egg whites
1c oats
1tbsp flax

m2
2 scoops optimum whey
11oz sweetpotato
2 CLA caps

m3 (post workout)
Pro lab lean mass matrix cinnamon oatmeal flavor

m4
6oz chicken
1c brown rice
1/2c black ceans
4 fish oil caps

m5
2 turkey burgers
2 pieces of wheat bread
1 apple

m6
1 can albacore tune
1 tbsp mayo
2 pieces wheat bread
1 apple
4 fish oil caps

m7
homemade turkey chilli (489cals, 55g protein, 22g carbs, 20g fat)

m8
1.5c cottage cheese
strawberries

totals
3879 cals
374,3g protein (40%)
305.8g carbs (30%)
114g fat (30%)

tuesday meals:

m1
8 whites
1 piece of cheddar cheese
1 tbsp flax
2 shredded wheat biscuts
1c skim milk

m2
1 can albacore tune
1 tbsp mayo
2 pieces wheat bread
1 apple
4 fish oil caps

m3
2 turkey burgers
2 pieces of wheat bread
1 apple

m4
Pro lab lean mass matrix cinnamon oatmeal flavor

m5
homemade turkey chilli (489cals, 55g protein, 22g carbs, 20g fat)

m6
6oz chicken
1c brown rice
1/2c black ceans
2 CLA caps

m7
same as meal 2

m8
1.5 cups cottage cheese
strawberries

totals
3847 cals
369.8g protein (40%)
274.8g carbs (30%)
117.5g fat (30%)

I see you've added fish oil :D

So whats in that Turkey chili anyway? :) Sounds yummy :lick:

the turkey chilli is ground turkey, chilli powder, 16oz crushed tomatos, one can of kidney beans and chilli spices.

Yes I got the fish oil because when I went home to Cleveland after the Olympia I went to Cosco (a wholesale store) and purchased the big ass economy bottle. Otherwise I would never by it because they only sell it in 90-100 cap bottles here and I would go through those to easily.

IML Gear Cream!
This week is Hypertorphy week so I am shooting for a rep range of 8-15 on all exercises.....Grrrrr I hate I high reps. Also, I am adding some of my laggin muscle groups to my chest and back days so that they can get more work. On chest day I will add some side delts and on back day I will add some hamstirg work.

11/3 shest, side delts, upper abs (8-15 reps day)

I am sick today so this workout kind of sucked. I really couldn;t move the weight that I wanted to. However, on my first exercise, decline bench press, the trainer that was working the floor was this extremly cute girl that I have a huge crush on so she got to spot me (since I fired my training partners....lol). My testosterone levels went throught the roof.....not only did I have to fight the weight I had to fight a ragging hard on (waite a minute did I just say that??).

decline bench press
225x13 (could have gotten 15 if I could breathe out of my nose today)
225x9
dropset 205x8,145x8

dominatrix flyes
plate#2; 25lb dumbell x 15
plate#3; 30lb dumbell x 12
plate#3; 30lb dumbell x 10

high cable cross over
plate#5x15
plate#6x13
plate#7x9

neutral grip 15 degreee incline press
60x12
60x8
50x10

unilateral dumbell lateral raises with 2 count pause at top on movement
15x10
15x9
10x10

11/4 back; hamstrings (8-15 rep range)

romanian deadlifts
185x14
185x10
185x10

bent over neutral grip dumbell row, both arms at a time (sagital plane)
60x12
60x12
60x12
60x12

pull ups with a towel wrapped around the towel bar to increase grip strength
bw x 5
bw x 4
(these are really hard)

unilateral cable row, elbow high (transverse plane), no rest inbetween sets
plate#4x15
plate#4x12
plate#4s10

wide grip pull down
plate#8x12
plate#8x12
plate#8x12
plate#8x12

spider row(wide grip)
2 plates x 10
2 plates x 10

seated leg curls with toes pointed to take the gastrocnemius out of the exercise and focus more on the hamstrings
125x15
140x12
140x10

swiss ball hyper extensions
bw x 12
bw x 12
bw x 12

Ouch, my back is already sore!!

Originally posted by P-funk

I am sick today so this workout kind of sucked. I really couldn;t move the weight that I wanted to. However, on my first exercise, decline bench press, the trainer that was working the floor was this extremly cute girl that I have a huge crush on so she got to spot me (since I fired my training partners....lol). My testosterone levels went throught the roof.....not only did I have to fight the weight I had to fight a ragging hard on (waite a minute did I just say that??).

:eek: P-funk, I thought you were a nice sweet guy when I met you:laugh: I hope you had loose pants on...or at least a long shirt:rofl: we girls notice these things:evil:

I am sick too. Working out with a scratchy throught and clogged nose is anything BUT fun:(

Originally posted by Leslie
:eek: P-funk, I thought you were a nice sweet guy when I met you:laugh: I hope you had loose pants on...or at least a long shirt:rofl: we girls notice these things:evil:
:rofl:

:yes: We sure do. :laugh:

LMAO........holy shit leslie, that is ridiculous!!!:laugh: :laugh: :bow:

I actually wouldn't ever say something like that. that is why I said in parenthases (did I just say that??). Luckily I didn't really have a hard on.....that would be pretty embarasing.

:yes: Suuuuuuure you didn't. ;)

No I really didn't.......honestly:rofl:

She is really cute though.

Some updates....Diet is going well, I am right at 3500-4000cals per day, closer to 4000. I am weighing a solid 190lbs and just started creatine again this week. This is my second week of caloric maintenace. next week I am going to drop my calories to maintenace, around 3000-3200, which will go right along with my trinaing program, as I up the vokume for my chaos week and go with crazy intensity and speed through a week of supersets, trisets and giantsets.

Now, onto a problem..........advice would be greatly appreciated here............I think I am in love with one of my clients!!! Okay, not in love obviuosly, but a crush, yes, infatuated, yes. She is really smart and funny and has an amazing personality. We have a lot of things in common and our training sessions usually end up with us talking and having a good time (along with me kicking her ass ofcourse:D ). She is in really great shape, she is really pretty and has some of the most beautiful eyes and she can squat perfectly (that is really hot!!). But the problem is two fold.....(1) she is 29 years old and I am 24 so, although that doesn't bother me it may bother her.......(2) This would totaly change the scope of the "trainer/client relationship".

Opinions??

Now, onto a problem..........advice would be greatly appreciated here............I think I am in love with one of my clients!!! Okay, not in love obviuosly, but a crush, yes, infatuated, yes. She is really smart and funny and has an amazing personality. We have a lot of things in common and our training sessions usually end up with us talking and having a good time (along with me kicking her ass ofcourse ). She is in really great shape, she is really pretty and has some of the most beautiful eyes and she can squat perfectly (that is really hot!!). But the problem is two fold.....(1) she is 29 years old and I am 24 so, although that doesn't bother me it may bother her.......(2) This would totaly change the scope of the "trainer/client relationship".

Opinions??
Is this the same girl that gave you a hard on the other day? :lol:

Seriously, if you think there is a connection then go for it. What have you got to lose Funky? :shrug: Thats only 5 years difference and not a big deal. Start out by going for a cup of coffee and talk. Get to know one another. She already knows how damn cute you are so once she sees your charming personality, how smart and mature you are, then it will fall into place. AND if it doesn't, then you didn't lose anything, you still have your trainer/client relationship and probably just made a new friend. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting a life ;)

No,lol, that is not the one I had a "hard on" for. That girl is a trainer at the gym also. This gril is my client. I have nothing to lose except I would have to still train her every week and that would be kind of weird if I start hitting on her.....lol.

Not getting a life yet............just pretending....err, trying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back