New from OHIO

Thread: New from OHIO

Rep Points

New from OHIO

Hey all

This is my umpteenth attempt at getting fit and healthy and I am determined to do it THIS TIME.

A little about me.

Female, 27, Columbus OH

5'2.5"(yes the .5 counts), about 161 lbs. I started Atkins a while back at 175ish or so, not too sure b/c I refused to get on the scaled :-).

I'm pretty muscular naturally, at least lower body, but I'm kinda full back ish at the top so my main goals are to lean down the upper body and maintain the lower body while losing fat.

Currently at 29% bodyfat.

:-)

Rep Points

good luck senimoni the adkins diet will surely lose you weight but if you lose it to quickly u will also spare lean muscle mass too so be careful. Its not the carbss that are bad it are the types of carbs. well anyway good luck with yours goals and they are missing my boy maurice clarett down there
    5'10 190
    bench: 350
    squat: 450 x 6
    deads: 475 x 6

Rep Points

Yeah, I got alot of water off of me and maybe a few pounds of muscle but not too much. I've since switched to a CKD/TKD ketogenic diet and I plan on starting the Carb cycling diet by Twin Peaks. I haven't started just yet, still trying to figure out my numbers and I'm a semi veg so that makes it a little more difficult for me, but it will work out I think. There seem to be quite a few people (esp females) on this board following the same plan, so I need to go through their threads and see what the macro #'s look like.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Welcome Senimoni

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Fighting Endometriosis

Rep Points

Welcome Senimoni!

I too am from Columbus Ohio. Where are abouts are ya?

Let me know if you would like some help. We can meet up and I can research your diet and assess your training needs.

How long have you been working our and dieting?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/...the%20wave.GIF
    Before you talk about what you want - appreciate what you have.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gwcaton/s...ctures/tmf.jpg
    A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. -Honore de Balzac
    Desire+Consistency='s RESULTS

Rep Points

Hi Babsie,

I'm on the Northeast side Gahanna/Reynoldsburg area....what about you. I would LOVE to take you up on your offer :-) This round of dieting has been maybe 3 monthes and the workouts just started maybe a month ago. Don't you love how things crop up when you actually try to take charge....it took me a while to get into the gym b/c I came down with some psycho flu that had me sick for 4 weeks or so.....I still have bronchitis, but it doesn't bother me too much anymore. Anyway, I've worked out and dieted before...who hasn't but I've been attempting to lift for the last 4-5 years :-)

Rep Points

how about that Lebron...
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

senimoni welcome to IM!

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Fighting Endometriosis

Rep Points

Originally posted by senimoni
    Hi Babsie,

I'm on the Northeast side Gahanna/Reynoldsburg area....what about you. I would LOVE to take you up on your offer :-) This round of dieting has been maybe 3 monthes and the workouts just started maybe a month ago. Don't you love how things crop up when you actually try to take charge....it took me a while to get into the gym b/c I came down with some psycho flu that had me sick for 4 weeks or so.....I still have bronchitis, but it doesn't bother me too much anymore. Anyway, I've worked out and dieted before...who hasn't but I've been attempting to lift for the last 4-5 years :-)

I'm on the Westside. No Biggie! I would love to meet & and help you out with your goals.

Yes, I love the changes the body can make when desire & consistancy kicks in. Do you currently belong to a gym?

The flu -- I know what you mean. I just got over mine and I"m back in the game. Was out with Siniusitis and Bronchitis.

One other question.....Exactly how serious are you? Keep in mind, you have to stay strong in order to achieve. If you don't want to answer these questions here, please feel free to PM me and we can chat there. Do you have current photos? You can check out my information in my journal and by clicking the camera icon below each of my posts.

The route to my journal:
    Click on Journals
    Then IM Competition
    Then locate BabsieGirls..........Everything is right in there. Who knows, we may know each other.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/...the%20wave.GIF

A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. -Honore de Balzac

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You are in excellent hands with Babsie helping you!

Welcome
    ~Ann
    We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open.
    -Harry Edwards

Fighting Endometriosis

Rep Points

Aww shucks bf...thanks.....

Rep Points

How Serious am I?

Well.....I want to be a ten, but I think I fluctuate between 6-10 depending on the time of day, my mood etc. Or maybe I should say that on a seriousness scale I'm a 10 but on a follow through/focus level I fluctuate. Of course the weight loss is never fast enough, although my mind knows this my head/heart gets easily disappointed b/c I'm not a size 6 or whatever. But I am in it for the long haul this time, I've never given 100% for more than two or three monthes before, so I thnk I owe it to myself to give myself at least 1 whole year.

Gym - I actually belong to 2....don't ask why (Lifetime Fitness and California Fitness) and I recently signed up for a Boot camp program that meets everyday at 10:00 AM as more of an incentive. I think I will be more accountible in a situation like this although I should be able to be accountable to myself. But I'm taking baby steps I guess. I don't want to make excuses and be a whiner..... :-)

I don't have pictures just yet, maybe I'll get one of those one time use digital camera's and I will send them to you....not ready to post them just yet, I such have a serious POP(not BEER) belly, I could pass for a pregnant woman.

I'll check out your journal etc....also what gym do you belong to?

Rep Points

BTW when you first said you were from Col OH I was thinking, where the hell is swollsville, thats not around here :-)

Fighting Endometriosis

Rep Points

Originally posted by senimoni
    How Serious am I?

Well.....I want to be a ten, but I think I fluctuate between 6-10 depending on the time of day, my mood etc. Or maybe I should say that on a seriousness scale I'm a 10 but on a follow through/focus level I fluctuate. Of course the weight loss is never fast enough, although my mind knows this my head/heart gets easily disappointed b/c I'm not a size 6 or whatever.

You're not alone. Many women AND men get disappointed because they're not the "man" or the "woman" everyone expect them to be. Therefore, we end up NOT being happy with the person we are on the inside because we're ashamed of "who" we are on the outside. This type of training that you're seeking haves to come from within first. You must be happy with the person you currently are. It must come from the heart. The mind will follow once you see the changes you go through. Then, you'll start to "self feed" on your progress and you'll have a hunger drive to do more and more. I know you will succeed. You're already taking a step towards the right direction.

But I am in it for the long haul this time, I've never given 100% for more than two or three monthes before, so I thnk I owe it to myself to give myself at least 1 whole year.

Try not to think of it as "Long Haul." Mentally, if you think long.....you will have doubt in the back of your mind already because, nothing comes fast and you really really want to get there fast. Baby steps! Think baby steps. Step one. You have the type of goal you want and desire. Step two. You've mentally come up with a plan you feel will work for and help keep you motivated. Step three, you'll need to have help assessing your diet, physique changes and alterations.....etc......Do you see where I'm trying to get and keep your focus?

Gym - I actually belong to 2....don't ask why (Lifetime Fitness and California Fitness) and I recently signed up for a Boot camp program that meets everyday at 10:00 AM as more of an incentive. I think I will be more accountible in a situation like this although I should be able to be accountable to myself. But I'm taking baby steps I guess. I don't want to make excuses and be a whiner..... :-)

2 gyms. Okay. Well, when did you sign with California? Where is your boot camp taking place? Setting a scheduled time to train with a group of people is a good form of motivation as a start...You're already setting yourself up for an hour of fun with "the ladies" which is good. Good idea. Some times, initally it's good to meet with a group until you've come to a point where you want to branch off because you're doing so well or you feel you need to keep focus. Never make excuses! It's far easy to make an excuse for not going to the gym...but after you've made that choice of not going...later on, you're going to feel guilty and...BOOM, you're right back into the slump. Key is to keep focus. You'll feel so proud of yourself if you do. Trust me. Been there done that. MANY times.

I don't have pictures just yet, maybe I'll get one of those one time use digital camera's and I will send them to you....not ready to post them just yet, I such have a serious POP(not BEER) belly, I could pass for a pregnant woman.

Okay. You don't have to worry about the photos for now. I'd rather meet with your first and take them first hand. Don't worry about that belly. We're going to tighten your overal physique.

I'll check out your journal etc....also what gym do you belong to?

Okay. You can check my journal out HOWEVER, if I set a diet up for you, it will be dif. from mine. I belong to World Gym. Members are extremely nice and the mgr is AWSOME. Very nice atmosphere. Very welcoming.[/B]

Swollsville......ha ha ha...... ....that's a saying I have while I'm training. My muscles go to Swollsville. I love it!