• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Back at the Gym after 7 months off

solidassears

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Finally got back to the gym this week, Monday then today. I've been out since November when I found out I had no disk between L4 and L5 and had spinal fusion surgery scheduled for Dec 5. My back feels a lot better now than it did back before the surgery, but it is still stiff and sore when I get up in the mornings and I have to be very careful not to stress my back in any way. I can do leg presses on a machine or bench press or skull crushers anything that leaves my back out of the strain. And getting back even though the weight is low feels so good.. Supposedly I can be back to full activity and do any kind of training after one year, so 5 more months then I can start over on squats etc.

The most difficult part of all this is having to accept the fact that I'm 68 years old and I should not try to do everything I want to do, I need to be more mindful of my bodies limitations now. It is a very difficult thing to accept, but one way or another, everyone will come to this point. It's life guys and everyone is headed for the same end. Enjoy every day, do the best you can and live life!

That?s great news SAS! I can imagine you feel great to get back in the gym again. As you know, just take it easy friend. Would be horrible to get injured.

Thanks! You ain't wrong about that!

Oh I can completely relate to you. Broke L2,3,4 and ribs in a skydiving accident, no surgery, 1.5yrs to heal. This was 20yrs ago, but still have problems today, been out of the gym over a week right now with a herniated disc. I also have Lyme disease shoulder problems and other problems associated with that. I'm 50 years old now and I'm gradually having to back down on my training, getting weaker and smaller.

Oh I can completely relate to you. Broke L2,3,4 and ribs in a skydiving accident, no surgery, 1.5yrs to heal. This was 20yrs ago, but still have problems today, been out of the gym over a week right now with a herniated disc. I also have Lyme disease shoulder problems and other problems associated with that. I'm 50 years old now and I'm gradually having to back down on my training, getting weaker and smaller.

Amen Brother, seems like there is always something else wrong now, something not working like is should or used to. If I start feeling down or picked on, I go to Wounded Warrior and look and read, I come away grateful for what I have. You may be getting a little weaker and smaller, but you're also getting smarter and wiser. Nothing can compare with life experiences.

Back