• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Dutasteride Hair Loss REVERSAL In Only 1 Year

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Dutasteride Hair Loss REVERSAL In Only 1 Year

Superiority of dutasteride over finasteride in hair regrowth and reversal of miniaturization in men with androgenetic alopecia: A randomized controlled open-label, evaluator-blinded study
Sujit J S Shanshanwal 1, Rachita S Dhurat 1
PMID: 27549867 DOI: 10.4103/0378-6323.188652

Abstract

Background: Finasteride and dutasteride are inhibitors of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase which inhibits the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. Dutasteride inhibits both type I and type II 5-alpha-reductase while finasteride inhibits only the type II enzyme. As both isoenzymes are present in hair follicles, it is likely that dutasteride is more effective than finasteride.

Aims: To compare the efficacy, safety and tolerability of dutasteride and finasteride in men with androgenetic alopecia.

Methods: Men with androgenetic alopecia between 18 and 40 years of age were randomized to receive 0.5 mg dutasteride or 1 mg finasteride daily for 24 weeks. The primary efficacy variables were hair counts (thick and thin) in the target area from modified phototrichograms and global photography evaluation by blinded and non-blinded investigators. The secondary efficacy variable was subjective assessment using a preset questionnaire. Patients were assessed monthly for side effects.

Results: Ninety men with androgenetic alopecia were recruited. The increase in total hair count per cm[2] representing new growth was significantly higher in dutasteride group (baseline- 223 hair; at 24 weeks- 246 hair) compared to finasteride group (baseline- 227 hair; at 24 weeks- 231 hair). The decrease in thin hair count per cm[2] suggestive of reversal of miniaturization was significantly higher in dutasteride group (baseline- 65 hair; at 24 weeks- 57 hair) compared to finasteride group (baseline- 67 hair; at 24 weeks- 66 hair). Both the groups showed a similar side effect profile with sexual dysfunction being the most common and reversible side effect.

Limitations: Limitations include the short duration of the study (6 months), the small sample size and the fact that it was an open-label study.

Conclusions: Dutasteride was shown to be more efficacious than finasteride and the side-effect profiles were comparable.

https://youtu.be/zpjVUdLTAwk

Wow, you have a very difficult path that you want to go through, I really hope that you will succeed and everything will be fine with you.

Wow, you have a very difficult path that you want to go through, I really hope that you will succeed and everything will be fine with you. I also want to tell my story a little bit about how I made Hair Transplant Miami. It was a very difficult and long decision, I could not gather my strength for a long time to carry out my plan, I also had to go through a lot of doctors and pass a lot of tests in order to be allowed to operate. I was shaking every day, because I'm afraid of operations and this one was very serious. I am grateful to my relatives and friends who supported me and helped me morally. Thank God everything went well and now I'm on the mend. Good luck to you friend!

Back