Beer/Liquor/Wine

Home of the Huskers

Rep Points

Lightbulb Beer/Liquor/Wine

I realize too much of this is completely contradictory to what a training program is trying to accomplish, but are there any beers/liquors/Wine that anyone had found to be moderately healthy AND tasteful?

Mix drinks?
    Get your fat ass out of bed and get to the gym!

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

alcohol in small quantities is fine (as in no more than one glass wine or one light beer per day), whether it be from beer or wine, I have heard the healthiest though is red wine, but only one glass.

personally I rarely drink any alcohol, if I do it would be one night per week, maybe one or two beers.

here is a red wine website: http://www.red-wine-and-health.com

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

crystal light and vodka
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Stick to moderation and I think you will be fine. Friend of mine has a coworker (male) who is only 25 years old and has cirrhosis of the liver onset from oral drug abuse and heavy drinking.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

supposingly milkalob(sp?) ultra has the lowest carbs of all beer, but i can be wrong

Rep Points

You mean Michalob Ultra

Yes, its the lowest. Also, Doc Otis has the lowest carbs for malt beverages. Don't ask how I know these things

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sleeman Clear in Canada, for those interested

Rep Points

Michelobe Ultra is best low-carb beer, while Amstel Light has the lowest calories ...

Red wine is good for blood, circulation ...any hard liquor has lots of sugar ... it hits ths system faster but screws up muscle tone cause your body breaks down the sugar and stores it as fat

is bulking

Rep Points

Alcohal tends to make your testosterone levels drop...
    These are my favorite faces : - - -

Personal Bests:

Bench - 235
    Deadlift - 315 X 17
    Squat - 315 X 11
    40 yrd. - 4.65

I'm the daddy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Screw the calories....Youngs Double Chocolate

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah, srew the calories!!!!!:

Fades post workout cocktail:
    vodka
    orange juice
    5g creatine

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

Rep Points

Originally posted by plouffe
    Alcohal tends to make your testosterone levels drop...
    Also stops fat burning but at that point who cares.

Frangelico & Coffee sounds really good right now

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Moderation is the key to alcohol. Red wine and white is preferable. The more you drink if it is once a week or know how many calories then the more cardio should be done to get rid of storage fats. .
    LIFE IS FULL OF ROSES IF WELL PLANNED. FAMILY DOCTOR

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

red wine has a lot of sugar. I would say vodka is preferable, I think it has the least amount of calories.

Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk
    red wine has a lot of sugar. I would say vodka is preferable, I think it has the least amount of calories.
    Mmmmm Stoli Raz & 7-Up

Yeah, I think this Friday's Sister night needs to include alcohol.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

no, stoli and crystal light.

Rep Points

Ok, so I meant Diet 7-Up. Stoli Raz and crystal light is good but only the raspberry ice kind

Rep Points

Alcohol is my downfall. I can stick to my diet and get to the gym without fail, but I HAVE to have my end of day cocktails.

"All work and no play makes Jack sober"