• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

clicking shoulders

Skate67

...And justice for all.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
whenever i rotate my arms backwards in a big circle my shoulder joints click or crack.

I'm pretty sure this is NOT good, heh. Anyone know what its from or if it'll go away on its own.

Are there any particular stretches/exercises i can do to fix it?

do you feel pain along with the clicking?

no.... but i fear it might get worse if i dont do anything about it

What you describe sounds like an unnatural movement, is there a reason you are doing it?

I unfortunately have a similar issue in my left tricep, I work it slowly and try to avoid that magic spot.

for me it's my left shoulder... it seems to crack or pop a bit when i do incline or flat bench... but not any pain, i usually just try and avoid lowering the bar too much... that seems to help a bit

Originally posted by HoldDaMayo
for me it's my left shoulder... it seems to crack or pop a bit when i do incline or flat bench... but not any pain, i usually just try and avoid lowering the bar too much... that seems to help a bit

yeah same but i got it in both.... maybe i should call my physio too see if its anything potentially serious.

I think it's just that maybe we should lift MORE!!!

it's our bodies way of saying, "don't be a puss, GO BIGGER"

haha... jk

Originally posted by Mudge
What you describe sounds like an unnatural movement, is there a reason you are doing it?

I unfortunately have a similar issue in my left tricep, I work it slowly and try to avoid that magic spot.

oh no no, thats not an exercise its just... when i swing my arms in a circle :p

it has given me a slight uncomfortable feeling when i do wide grip pulldowns tho.... damn im gonna goto the physio i dont want it getting worse

hey man, i have the exact same thing in my left shoulder ay, tell me what the physio says if u remember.

ditto whenever i rotate my shoulders or chest press or shoulder press my shoulders also click without any pain. seems to be a common problem...

IML Gear Cream!
happens to me also when doing shoulder excersice, also without pain...
I'm sure it's the shoulder joints, and that might become a problim in the future, I'll ask my GYM fellows about it.

for me, I get it in my hips when I do decline sit-ups, no pain only feels really weird too

Originally posted by ST240
oh no no, thats not an exercise its just... when i swing my arms in a circle :p

Reminds me of this guy who went to the Doctor saying; Hey Doc, It hurts when I bend my knee forward and tie a knot using my toes.

i have the same

i have the same problem best thing to do is just rest it. try not to do dips that always makes mine worse and try to lay off heavy arm rise's get well soon its a pain in the ass

YES MAN

now that you reminded me its dips that did that to my shoulders.... shit i had 2.5 plates when i was doing it haha

My shoulders also click, especially when doing dumbell presses, just sitting here and going through the motions makes my shoulders click. Let me know what the Dr. says if you go.

Originally posted by Prince
You should do two things:

1. Work on some shoulder stretching

2. Strengthen your rotator cuffs

ok i think i can manage teh stretching part.

But what are some rotator cuff exercises

There are several you can do, but the most important are internal and external rotations. These can be performed with a cable while standing or a dumbbell while lying on a bench.

Check exrx for descriptions.

It is also important to warm up your rotators every time you are doing heavy pressing movements like bench and shoulder press to loosen up any impingement or other problem.

soooo warm them up doing externals/internals?? heh

Back