• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Whole foods as opposed to shakes PWO

Premo55

Mic Murderer
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I've been toying with this idea...instead of mixing whey and oats post-workout, I've been thinking of having a chicken breast, turkey breast, white lean fish, tuna, or a piece of lean red meat (eye of round, inside round) post workout with a serving of steel-cut, then an hour later consume a similar meal to this. What do you think this would yield results-wise?

Peace.

Slower protein uptake and slower carb uptake, which goes against the traditional post workout combo using faster items (simple sugars, whey protein).

But is this really necessarily a bad thing? I experimented with oats and casein for a while, and it gave me great results, results that I think exceeded even whey and dextrose in terms of keeping me lean and adding LBM...When I've used whey I've always used a concentrate, never an isolate or hydrolyzed, firstly because hydrolyzed tastes like manure, and secondly because I always believed faster uptake is overrated anyway...

Peace.

^^ That's what I was thinking. I've always hated shakes anyway, I'd much rather eat some egg whites, chicken, beef, fish or turkey...hell I'll take tofu...

Peace.

^^ I just don't understand cats that have like three or four shakes a day and call them meals....I find them completely unsatisfying and unnecessary...I mean if the old school BBers could have sculpted amazing physiques from food pre-dating the discovery and subsequent advocation of powdered whey, I'm sure it's a viable option for all...I see whey as merely a tool used for convenience sake...

Peace.

^^ I agree completely...the only supplements I deem necessary for myself are fish oil caps (which I can really just get from salmon, fish, mackerel or trout, but fish can get pricey here), Udo's and multi-vitamins...luxuries are R-ALA, Glutamine and whey...

Peace.

I prefer real food over shakes too :p

Back