Detox...it ain't just for alcoholics.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Arrow Detox...it ain't just for alcoholics.

As of late, I have been feeling a bit, well, toxic.

Let me explain before the peanut gallery assaults me....We know that there are large quantities of preservatives in the foods that we eat, chemicals/additives in the the tap water that we drink, many folks consume caffeine laden beverages, etc. etc. Even while eating "clean", we are at one time or another forced to eat something that harbors one of the above....even "clean" foods may harbor one or more of the above.
    I've just noticed over the years that if I consume excessive amounts of any of these 'toxins' in any combination I notice a pronounced sensation of feeling "toxic". (e.g. mildly increased sensation of 'stress', nervousness when there was none before, irritability, interrupted sleep patterns, lack of energyetc.)
    Question is:

a.) Am I alone in this?

b.) Does anyone have any recomendations for 'detoxification' via natural means?

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Best way is to switch over to natural, organic food and clean water. It is very difficult, however because it means that you can never eat outside of your own home without getting back into the preservatives.

The owner of my gym is like this most of the time, he buys only organic meats, fruits, vegetables and grains and drinks pure water (that still has minerals in it). I've started doing it a bit myself, but it is hard to find organic stuff in Canada.

If you think about it enough it will stress you out. there are toxins everywhere, especially in the air we breathe and the food we eat everyday.
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I've been walking around in a toxic buzz since I was a kid. Why change now?

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
    I've been walking around in a toxic buzz since I was a kid. Why change now?

This we know.

Actually, I was looking for something beyond organic foods and increased water intake. (Although I agree that this approach, while difficult to maintain, is the best overall for a healthy lifestyle)
    I'm curious about the effectiveness of stuff like juice fasts, colestonics (that's not right, is it?) or other more aggressive, short term 'treatments' that wouldn't fall under the classification of "fad" or "new age".

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I can see this is a really hot topic. Maybe I should have inserted the word "protein" somewhere.

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I know there are two sides to this story. Personally I believe that even though detoxing supposedly cleans out your system, it also wipes out all the nutrients and supporting positive bacteria along with the bad. Also you will totally suck muscle and lower your immune system. By that I mean those regular only juice detox diets. The tend to throw your system into shock, which isn't a good thing.

If you want to change your system into regenerating good cells, just make the changes in your diet over a good long period of time and you will be better off IMO.
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.