• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Cage or Ring?

Supermans Daddy

Jamaican Rude Boy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was wondering does anybody other than me notice the difference in the styles of fighters that fight in the NHB fights when they go from ring to cage . I notice when I'm cage fighting the pace seems quicker and you see a lot more guys getting pinned up againist the cage walls as opposed to rings where you can't fight the same way because you'll wind up thru the ropes. I would like to see the Pride guys in cages and the UFC boys in rings. Theres got to be a way to make it come together Also what doe's anybody think about the Octagon shaped ring. I personally have never fought in one. Anybody got any feedback on that tip?

I'am a Martial artist 26 years old been doing it since age 5 and I have competed in knockdown karate and grappling and done a amateur mma fight, I have never fought in a cage but I dont thing there is much difference really from a octagon shaped one and a circular one, what you would want to avoid is getting pinned up against it but you can also use it as leverage, personally I dont care, just train all aspects of your fight game and use commom sense and adapt to your surroundings many there have been UFC fighters who have done Pride,Shooto,Pancrase, e.t.c. ring and cage and done very well in both.

While I am not a competitor in the fights you described, I do think it is awsome to watch the cage fighting. One thing I can say, those guys are definately tough, and I respect them. What's funny is that you can always identify these fighters by their cauliflower ears :lol:

Pride by far is a better showcase. That is why you see alot of the top UFC fighters over in Pride now, and they don't stand out as much.

I agree with the idea that Pride has a better showcase,but I think that that has to do with the money and I feel from experience that the rule difference between the 2 plays a role in the fighters performance.Even though I prefer to fight in the cage in "no Holds Barred" events, I feel that people are already used to seeing people compete in a ring for so many years,that the idea of a cage gives the uneducated person watching a fight the feeling of "it's more Dangerous"therefore giving the general public the the feeling of this is another circus show.. I remember when I first fought a Muay Thai bout full Thai rules here in the states eveyone was shocked , because they where used to seeing guys throw flip kicks above the waist and no knees or elbows to the head. I also feel after several fights in Japan that Pride events tend to be closer to Japanese professional Wrestling in which case the ring is home.I also don't like that stop the fight shit and drag us back out to the center ring resume postion and start again, get that ass on the cage wall and ground and pound baby.Stop for a minute and think how many fights would have ended in a cage, that get started over again in a ring.I know that as a stand-up fighter the ring is a lot easier to work off of,using the ropes and such.But I also feel that if you are the goods ,it don't matter where you throw down, fuck it BITE THAT ASS. Still no opinions about the Octagon shaped ring huh. The reason I asked is that would appear to level things out just a bit perhaps. But until people stop going under the bottom rope it's going to give guys the blues.

Oh yeah bottom line is this ,you see more UFC fighters in Pride because they want some fucking money dawg. Cash rules everything around me. it's all about money ain't a damn thing funny. On that . I'm sure you gotta be feeling me for shizzle,Or as Rampage says" Fuck you, Pay me"

Back