Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Ground Beef

Thread: Ground Beef

Back to reality

Rep Points

Ground Beef

Im looking for the marcos in Extra Lean Ground Beef. My grocer said their in 10% or less fat. I also rinse the beef in hot water when done cooking-the meat is rather dry. Fitday just says extra lean beef say 30P, and 20F. Anyone know any different?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Sounds about right to me, most of that cooks off though!

I can very easily stay relatively lean on red meat.

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No thats not right. My ground beef is extra lean and its 93% fat free.
    4 oz or 1/2 cup cooked
    21g Protein
    8g Fat

If you drain it in hot water after cooking you can cut it down even further.

At 10%, you prolly have 10g per serving.
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

Back to reality

Rep Points

1 cup=42g protein? Why do you think fitday says its 30g protein for 1 cup? What do you think is right?

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Fitday is not always accurate, unfortuantely.
    Its best to go by the package when in doubt. If your supermarrket says it 10% lean or better, I would go with my stats Yes, 42g p and 20g fat per cup for your meat. You can cut the fat by 1/3-1/2 by draining all the fat.
    Leslie
    My Journal

Back to reality

Rep Points

Thanks Leslie!

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No probs

BTW, fitday says 30g protein for one cup because their calories are coming from more fat, hence making less protein per serving
    Leslie
    My Journal

Back to reality

Rep Points

Ohhhhhh. You are one smart cookie! Gee, would I like a cookie...

Rep Points

Mee too

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Me three

Leslie
    My Journal

Rep Points

I notice a trend here.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by Leslie
    No thats not right. My ground beef is extra lean and its 93% fat free.
    4 oz or 1/2 cup cooked
    21g Protein
    8g Fat

If you drain it in hot water after cooking you can cut it down even further.

At 10%, you prolly have 10g per serving.
    That's how I've been counting my extra lean ground beef
    1/2 cup = 8g Fat
    but that's 2 oz. cooked and the protein 15 g per 1/2 cup

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I asked this before, what if you grill the ground beef, how much fat would you have left from 4 oz. cooked/grilled beef?

Back to reality

Rep Points

Sara says 2oz = 1/2 cup = 15P 8F
    Leslie says 4oz = 1/2 cup = 21P, 8F

Should we go with the scale / size when measuring? Im confused

Rep Points

According to my package: 96% Lean, 4 oz. = 24G Protein and 4G Fat.

Rep Points

Here you go sweetie. Check this out.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin...pl?ground+beef

Back to reality

Rep Points

Wonderful, thanks!

Rep Points

ever read Fast Food Nation?
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

Just call me Mayo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    According to my package: 96% Lean, 4 oz. = 24G Protein and 4G Fat.
    is this meat considered edible for humans? good lord... I hope you have some sharp teeth...
    Are you kidding me????