NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Out of shape bigtime and want to get backinto shape!help!

Rep Points

Out of shape bigtime and want to get backinto shape!help!

Yeah, i'm a noob here so bare with me. I'm getting tired of being skinny and out of shape so i'm trying to get back into it. I'm about 5'10, 130lbs and i'm wanting to get to about 150-155, i think that might be a good weight. Anyway, what i'm asking is since i'm so out of shape how should I start to get into the swing of things?Should i just jump into it with lifting weights and eating right or should i take things gradually? I was thinking of changing my diet and running to start out to get a little in shape. I"m really not sure what to do. ANy input is apppriciated. btw, I read the sticky about the mass, i'm taking whats said into consideration as far at working out, eating and such....Thanks, Shane
    "Dont be such a chuge"

Rep Points

Oh, and one more thing. Are there any supplements I might want to look into or vitamins?
    "Dont be such a chuge"

You Lack Intensity!!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would recommend for you to go into both the diet and training threads and read the stickys at the top of the forums. They will contain answers to many questionss you have. If that reading doesn't answer your questions then do a search in the forums for certain questions and lots of info will come up as well. Beginning to weight train you need to understand that success comes with knowledge and understanding. It is very difficult to answer such a broad question like yours, I could go on for pages. that is why it is important for you to develop a basic understanding of the weight lifting game. Then your questions will become more specific to you then just how do I gain weight. Hope that helps bro. there is alot of great info here, take advantage of it and get to reading.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Remember, you need to make a huge lifestyle change with your diet and work-out program that YOU can live with, it cannot be a temporay thing.

Start out with a full body circuit work-out 2-3 days per week doing 2-3 sets per muscle group, I would stick with this for around 2 months.

First start cleaning up your diet (cut out fast food, sugar, etc.) and eating 5-6 small meals per day, then gradually work on getting stricter, etc.

So, yes ease into. The mistake most people make that are out of shape is they jump into it working out 7 days per week, going on strict diet (usually a stupid fad or starvation diet) and they get burned out in a few weeks and quit. This scenario is very popular in January.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Time to get Brutal

Rep Points

Go into it gradually as they say. If you jump right into, like working out seven days a week, you'll only get your self hurt/injured. Research alot about it before doing anything. This forum should help. Try reading fitness books for another place for information.
    Put Up or Shut Up

Rep Points

Sweet, Thanks for the info guys!
    "Dont be such a chuge"

is bulking

Rep Points

These are my favorite faces : - - -

Personal Bests:

Bench - 235
    Deadlift - 315 X 17
    Squat - 315 X 11
    40 yrd. - 4.65

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You said you would like to gain weight and get into shape by running. If you do run make it quick and dont run mile after mile if what you really want is to gain 20 pounds or so. There are a few people at my gym that dont even belive in cadio and the have nice physiques.
    He who speaks least, think's most.