• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Thanksgiving Help

NeedMuscleMass

Finally Focused
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well I know a lot of people are having a cheat day on thanksgiving.

My question is should I eat 3 hours after the turkey to keep the bodyt from going in starvation mode or should i skip a meal?

Are you a paid fitness model or have a competition in 4 weeks?
No?

Ok then, Just eat already:p

Wow, I have a better question. Exactly how many pieces of cherry pie can i eat before my belt breaks? If no one has the answer I will be able to give it to ya on Friday. :D

You know what gets me mad? Well, A buddy of minie decided to have Tday at his house for people who couldn't go anywhere. Anyway, I agree to go there even though I have better opportunities. Anyway, he calls me last night and now he wants to go to his moms first, then his girlfriends family and then somewhere else and not go to his house. I want to relax, not go to 8 people's house's.

Well then you will have 8 different dessert selections:nanner:

Originally posted by NeedMuscleMass
Well I know a lot of people are having a cheat day on thanksgiving.

My question is should I eat 3 hours after the turkey to keep the bodyt from going in starvation mode or should i skip a meal?

To keep the body from going into starvation mode on Thanksgiving Day, you must eat continuously from 9:00 AM right through dinner. Failure to do so will result in a loss of muscle mass and a 17.9% decrease in your bench press.

your body will not go into "starvation mode" in one day. :)

If you plan to over eat like most people, me included, then it would probably make sense to wait a little longer than normal for your next meal, say 4-5 hours.

IML Gear Cream!
my plan is to eat up on thanksgiving but not to keep doing it on friday...saturday....sunday......

I had my thanksgiving cheat day 1 month and a 1/2 ago! No cheats for me!:)

Yeah I guess I'lleat..

But i just started this diet a wek ago and I feel like I'll lose everything I've gained...

Thanks for your intake tho..

-Jesse

Yeah I guess I'lleat..

But i just started this diet a wek ago and I feel like I'll lose everything I've gained...

Thanks for your intake tho..

-Jesse

then eat lightly all meals tomorrow except for your thanksgiving dinner, so overall your calories will not be any higher than a normal day.

btw, you're not gonna "lose" anything from one cheat meal or even a cheat day for that matter.

Exellent advice there Prince. :thumb:
And just enjoy the day. Don't beat yourself up over a cheat meal.

Run that night.. lol

Some of y'all are way too anal...it's Thanksgiving...

Peace.

Originally posted by Premo55
Some of y'all are way too anal
it's called dedication

IML Gear Cream!
^^ If you knew anything about nutrition you'd know that one cheat day would actually HELP you get leaner and achieve better striations, etc., as well as providing you with optimum fuel/glycogen for a phenomenal workout the next day by affecting leptin levels...And besides, even if it didn't, you have a LIFE TO LIVE, you ONLY LIVE ONCE, therefore if you cannot eat at least 3 to 4 times above maintenance ON ONE DAY of the year you might as well be comatose...go out there and LIVE.

Peace.

^^ If you knew anything about nutrition you'd know that one cheat day would actually HELP you get leaner
cheating will never make u leaner! where the hell did u hear that from?

Leptin

Obviously you need to read up about leptin. Stick to a clean diet too long and your body gets accustomed to it. This is why we use carb-ups and refeeds, etc, to stop your thyroid from grinding to a halt and in turn slowing down and ultimately killing your metabolism. A cheat after long, arduous clean eating WILL benefit you and at least give you full glycogen stores to truly push yourself at the gym the next day. Of course cheating selectively, ie not combining high GI starch with bad fat sources might cause some to react more negatively than others, but by piling on the calories you force your body to switch metabolism to high gear and attempt furiously to burn the excess calories. A cheat meal WILL fuel your metabolism, and if you've been eating clean, you have NOTHING to worry about, your cheat meal will actually BENEFIT you! Drink plenty of water with your meal, eat plenty of vegetables to help with digestion, and if you're extra paranoid, maybe take in 1g of R-ALA prior to your meal.

I can personally tell you that after huge cheat meals following long periods of clean eating I HAVE woken up with much fuller muscle bellies, and the strength and pump you will receive in the gym will be unbelievable, especially if you have been on a very low carb diet. Just revert back to eating clean the day after and you have absolutely nothing to fear.

I have no idea how any of you get the concept that ONE CHEAT MEAL on a SPECIAL HOLIDAY WHERE EVERYBODY EATS will ruin your diet and your physique, some of you need to stop being so damn obsessive and live the life you've been given...jeez, I can't begin to imagine what your friends or parents think of you if you can't live once in a while. Life isn't all about bodybuilding and getting huge/ripped.

Peace.

Originally posted by oaktownboy
cheating will never make u leaner! where the hell did u hear that from?

The idea is that it confuses your system, so that when you go back to your diet, it's more effective. Since your body always wants to store fat, it will supposedly even do so when you're on a cut. I've read a few articles on this and will try to find one. Others here will probably be able to give more detail.

What he said! :thumb: I actually have a cheat day once a week when cutting and have had great results.

Re: Leptin

I have no idea how any of you get the concept that ONE CHEAT MEAL on a SPECIAL HOLIDAY WHERE EVERYBODY EATS will ruin your diet and your physique
show me where the fuck i said it would ruin your physique! i want to see the exact words!

Originally posted by Var
What he said! :thumb: I actually have a cheat day once a week when cutting and have had great results.
have u tried cutting without cheating......

and it depends what u consider a "cheat" as well

^^ calm down, buddy....if you don't want to eat on Thanksgiving Day, that's on you....just don't label everyone else as 'undedicated' for doing so, when they will reap the benefits of a) living a life b) enjoying it c) probably affecting leptin levels in a positive way d) gonna have a killer workout the next day....fall back...

Peace.

Back