Diet Soda as a Diuretic?

Just call me Mayo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Diet Soda as a Diuretic?

with caffeine and zero calories will this mean it will have a diuretic type effect?
    Are you kidding me????

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yes.
    ]

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Not really. Diet soda contains artificial sweetner. This causes bloat in most individuals.
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

Hungry for SIZE

Rep Points

artificial sweetner makes you bloat???

is it asparatame? or will splenda do the same?

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Honeslyt I have not noticed this. If anything the caffine make me piss.
    ]

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Someone did the math on drinking ice water, and its a wasted effort.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Just to let everyone know. If you can get RC diet cola, it is sweetend with splenda. I was walking around the grocery store and now I look at every single lable before I buy I discoverd this.
    He who speaks least, think's most.

Just call me Mayo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Diet Rite!! (is the name of Diet RC)

That is my choice for diet soda... no aspartame...

however, no caffeine... maybe i should pickup some powder caffeine and add a nice dose... hmm... =)
    Are you kidding me????

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeh MAYO my bad I thought that RC was diffrent from diet rite. I did some research and it is the same thing. Foot im my mouth.

Rep Points

I've never had a problem with sweetners and bloat. Its the carbonation that causes the bloat if any. I drink several kinds of different Diet Soda's and I never worry about it.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Why not Vanity? It is better than drinking regular soda. Before I started working out and dieting I and im not kidding I used to drink a 12 pack of regular coke every single day. Now I drink diet and only one two liter every 2 to 3 days.

Rep Points

There are far worse things to eat or drink IMO and if having a diet soda or 2 a day helps keep you on your diet because it satisfies that sweet tooth then by all means have the diet soda. Its one of the things that helps me. I didn't drop diet soda until 4 weeks out from my competition

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    I've never had a problem with sweetners and bloat. Its the carbonation that causes the bloat if any. I drink several kinds of different Diet Soda's and I never worry about it.
    or Beer.cuz we got the pics to prove that!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.prrstraining.com Time to GROW Without Plateau!

Rep Points

Originally posted by Tank316
    or Beer.cuz we got the pics to prove that!!!!
    Mmmmmm I love my beer

Rep Points

Originally posted by vanity
    sodas dehydrate rather than hydrate. Great fluid replacement technique.

Jodi you need to check into Coca Cola Anonymous pronto.

I'm not saying its a replacemement for water by anymeans and you should still drink 5-6L of water a day. The diet soda is used an as aid IMO to keep from the sugary treats. I also chew about 10 pieces of sugarless gum a day

Rep Points

Probably the same thing I eat for meal 4 every night.

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

i still have 3-4 diet dews a day as well, the way i look at it, its better then the big bowl of ice cream my step kids shove in my face and say'' doesnt that look good''.nope, pass the diet dew!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.prrstraining.com Time to GROW Without Plateau!

Rep Points

Originally posted by Tank316
    i still have 3-4 diet dews a day as well, the way i look at it, its better then the big bowl of ice cream my step kids shove in my face and say'' doesnt that look good''.nope, pass the diet dew!
    Diet Vanilla Coke

Just call me Mayo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Diet Cherry Coke!
    Are you kidding me????

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Originally posted by vanity
    hmm, they say chewing gum is good for the memory.
    Because of the constant activity