• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Diet Soda as a Diuretic?

HoldDaMayo

Just call me Mayo
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
with caffeine and zero calories will this mean it will have a diuretic type effect?

Not really. Diet soda contains artificial sweetner. This causes bloat in most individuals.

artificial sweetner makes you bloat???

is it asparatame? or will splenda do the same?

Someone did the math on drinking ice water, and its a wasted effort.

Just to let everyone know. If you can get RC diet cola, it is sweetend with splenda. I was walking around the grocery store and now I look at every single lable before I buy I discoverd this.

Diet Rite!! (is the name of Diet RC)

That is my choice for diet soda... no aspartame...

however, no caffeine... maybe i should pickup some powder caffeine and add a nice dose... hmm... =)

Yeh MAYO my bad I thought that RC was diffrent from diet rite. I did some research and it is the same thing. Foot im my mouth.

I've never had a problem with sweetners and bloat. Its the carbonation that causes the bloat if any. :shrug: I drink several kinds of different Diet Soda's and I never worry about it. :p

IML Gear Cream!
Why not Vanity? It is better than drinking regular soda. Before I started working out and dieting I and im not kidding I used to drink a 12 pack of regular coke every single day. Now I drink diet and only one two liter every 2 to 3 days.

There are far worse things to eat or drink IMO and if having a diet soda or 2 a day helps keep you on your diet because it satisfies that sweet tooth then by all means have the diet soda. Its one of the things that helps me. I didn't drop diet soda until 4 weeks out from my competition :p

Originally posted by Jodi
I've never had a problem with sweetners and bloat. Its the carbonation that causes the bloat if any. :shrug: I drink several kinds of different Diet Soda's and I never worry about it. :p
or Beer.cuz we got the pics to prove that!!!!
:evil: :lol:

Originally posted by Tank316
or Beer.cuz we got the pics to prove that!!!!
:evil: :lol:
Mmmmmm I love my beer :p

Originally posted by vanity
sodas dehydrate rather than hydrate. Great fluid replacement technique.

Jodi you need to check into Coca Cola Anonymous pronto.

:laugh:
I'm not saying its a replacemement for water by anymeans and you should still drink 5-6L of water a day. The diet soda is used an as aid IMO to keep from the sugary treats. I also chew about 10 pieces of sugarless gum a day :p

:laugh: Probably the same thing I eat for meal 4 every night. :p

i still have 3-4 diet dews a day as well, the way i look at it, its better then the big bowl of ice cream my step kids shove in my face and say'' doesnt that look good''.nope, pass the diet dew!

Originally posted by Tank316
i still have 3-4 diet dews a day as well, the way i look at it, its better then the big bowl of ice cream my step kids shove in my face and say'' doesnt that look good''.nope, pass the diet dew!
:thumb: Diet Vanilla Coke :p

Originally posted by vanity
hmm, they say chewing gum is good for the memory.

Because of the constant activity :)

Back