• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

injuries help!

ice

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I seem to be very prone to injuries. My shoulder keeps dislocating on heavy lifts above my head (yep... it really sucks to lose all strength when a weight is above your head). My rotator cufts constantly giveing me problems. I cant bench cause my elbow tendon is constantly doing weird things (like a shit load of pain on the negative portion).

Possibly this could all be the result of six years of martial arts where my joints were twisted in ways that many people said made them want to hurl (my nickname was gumby)

Anyways what exercises (if any) could I do to strengthen these weak points?
Any supps I could take?

I have had some problems with pain in the pass and rest, Glutamine, and Vitamin C seemed to help a LOT. But most importantly rest; if you feel your muscles/tendons getting sore just ease up and stop lifting for the day :) There are some other supplements that help with muscle and joint recovery but I couldnt list them by name...you might want to check out GNC.com or another site that sells supplements. I'm sorry I can't be of more help but your problems sound pretty serious, i'd consult with a physician before continuing any heavy lifting.

well, this may seem obvious, but do not do any lifts that cause pain.

if you have shoulder problems I would avoid over head lifts all together, stick with laterals & upright rows.

for shoulders do rotator cuff exercises to strengthen them.

you might want to try glucosamine/chondroitin as well.

if you continue to have the shoulder disclocating problem this may require surgery, depends how easily it dislocates.

What I did in this situation was lower my weight and go for the higher number of reps. This was administered until the pain was gone and then I went back to the heavy weight. Now I just make sure to include some rotator exercise before doing any type of bench or military lifts with heavy weights. CP.......

not rest! Id sooner shit nails and eat brussel sprouts-well actually no I still wouldnt eat brussel sprouts.
I think Ill take glutamine and vit c. and do rotatar exercises.
thanks guys

To Expand on what Prince said [ about the rotator cuff exercises ] : http://familydoctor.org/265.xml

Read up on this. I've done these for a while and my shoulder has really improved. Also try getting a Healthy-Joint Complex. [ Glutosimine Chondroitin MSM ] Also do the movements shown to warm-up before working your shoulders. Goodluck man.

hey I did some roator cuff exercises and it helped a bit.
i have started going at lower weights for higher reps (and more sets). I hope this helps. I tried to bench 70 pounds today (big mistake). The weight wasnt that heavy but my elbow killed me and after that I couldnt do curls cause at max contraction my left arm was like a bolt of pain.

Back