IronMagLabs

How much water to drink when taking creatine???

The sky's the limit

Rep Points

How much water to drink when taking creatine???

I have started taking creatine, and i was wondering how much water is enough water? I drink about 3-4 liters of water usually. Is that enough, or should i try to drink even more? I've heard horror stories about guys who havent drank enough, an i dont want it to happen to me. thanks!

Rich

Woof! Woof! Woof!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I just try to drink 8-10 glasses a day myself. If you want to get technical than a 1 gallon jug should be safe. Just keep one in your fridge. 4 liters is just a tad over a gallon.
    - O F F I C I A L . L I N K . M A S T E R -
    Maintains a Reference to all Gopros P/RR/S Links
    Gopros latest routines:

Lift like a Chicken Look Like a Chicken

Rep Points

Does that other creatine not make you gain weight?

I believe its made by San and called Cube.

Woof! Woof! Woof!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Web,

I'm not immediately familiar with name you mentioned. But the nature of the way creatine works is it directs water from your body to your muscles giving you the illusion of greater mass. Does it make you fat? No, I've found no evidence to indicate that it does.

If you want more details of how creatine works, I recommend you search the web. You will find many articles describing creatine.
    Gopros latest routines:

Rep Points

Heres the info on the product:

CUBED - HYDROSOLUBLE CREATINE SALT

Tricreatine Malate is a highly soluble creatine compound that provides much greater increase in creatine bioavailability over regular creatine monohydrate. This compound is creatine bound to malic acid. Malic acid is a naturally occurring krebs cycle intermediate, meaning that malic acid plays a crucial role in our natural energy producing cycle. Malic acid coupled with the effect of creatine as in Tricreatine Malate offers much greater ATP production over conventional creatine monohydrate. Additionally, Cubed does not need a loading phase and causes no subcutaneous water retention and therefore is an ideal tool for all sport enthusiasts.**

SAN

CUBED

250 grams

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: ~5 grams

Servings Per Container: 50

Tricreatine Malate 5 gr

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Recommended Use: Take one full teaspoon (app.4-5gr.) two to three times daily with your most favorite beverage (juice, water, etc.). Do not exceed 6 teaspoons in any 24 hour period. Cubed can be stacked with other supplements such as Infusion, V-12 and Loaded for increased synergistic cell volumizing effects

Warning: Do not use this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult a health care professional if you have a heart disease, thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, psychiatric condition, difficulty in urinating, prostate enlargement, or seizure disorder. Keep tightly closed in a cool dry place away from children.

**These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Rep Points

Subcutaneous water retention is not the same as intra-muscular water retention. Creatine causes intra-muscular water retention in omst people.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Woof! Woof! Woof!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What people are raving about now Webmonkey
    is a creatine by Swole called V2 Creatine. I've heard such great reviews that I am going to give it a try. I honestly am not familiar with the type you posted. I was always told to go with the 100 percent creatine monohydrate powder. Most of the stuff that claims to be better is bogus and you end up just wasting your money. But if your asking for recommendations, that is what most are recommending here is the V2.
    Gopros latest routines:

Rep Points

Swole and V12 are different product names for the same product, Syntrax makes Swole and I think San makes V12. There is a swole version 2 out now which may be what you are talkig about. I believe the reasoning behind these creatines is so that people who do not get results from regular creatine monohydrate will get it from this. If you do respond to creatine monohydrate, I wouldn't waste money on these second generation creatine products, just go with the original.

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Woof! Woof! Woof!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
    I believe the reasoning behind these creatines is so that people who do not get results from regular creatine monohydrate will get it from this. If you do respond to creatine monohydrate, I wouldn't waste money on these second generation creatine products, just go with the original.

This was my idea as well, but even those who had received good results with normal creatine monohydrate powder are stating that they are getting much more results with this product. That is why I thought I would give it a try. Prior to their testimonies though I felt the same as you.
    Gopros latest routines:

Rep Points

Well, does all creatine make you balloon up in water weight? I thought that might be the difference with the san cube creatine, but maybe not.

Rep Points

Randy-IF you can get it relatively cheap then give it a go.

Web-Generally when i first took creatine I gain about 5 lbs water weight and 10lbs muscle over like an 8 week period. Don't get much these days in terms of mass, maybe a bit of water, but I would say it gives me an extra 10 lbs in weight on most exercises via energy pathways.

Woof! Woof! Woof!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Dale,

Well from what I'm seeing the V2 is about twice what I pay, but I think I will give it a try once I finish mine.

I never measured in detail how much water and muscle weight I put on with creatine, but I know that I did experience a noticeable difference. It was enough for me to want to continue taking it . Now if V2 yields greater results, all the better
    Gopros latest routines:

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Alot of people are saying that swole v2 dose not add water weight while regular creatine will.
    He who speaks least, think's most.

Woof! Woof! Woof!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Then there is definately a lot of controversy over the product OWF.
    Gopros latest routines: