• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bodybuilding Is Not A Sport

soyhead

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Bodybuilding is not a sport and has never been one.

It's an EXHIBITION.

If you disagree, give 1-5 reasons why posing on stage in not an EXHIBITION.

I realize that you want it to be a sport.

I want to win the lottery.
==============================================

Has everyone seen what Tom Platz looks like

WITHOUT STEROIDS?????????????????????

Check out the "Skinny Platz" post..........(dancing bananas)

Did Ron Teufel die from steroids? If not, what was the cause?:(

Duh??????

Who thought BB was a sport?

remember bodybuilders have the most muscles than average athlete.
They r not only competing against others....also against themselves.

sport ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)
n.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
A particular form of this activity.
An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation

I think bodybuilding fulfills all of these requirements. :p

Originally posted by ponyboy
sport ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)
n.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
A particular form of this activity.
An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation

I think bodybuilding fulfills all of these requirements. :p

Ditto.

Wow, way to come in with a bang Soy... you sure that soy isnt increasing your estrogen too much? :p :lol:

Bodybuilding is indeed a sport. Posing on stage could even be taken as a sport... but particularily lifting weights in the gym definitely is.

I often think of sports as something that you have to have a certain amount of skill to perform. You can't just hit a baseball or dunk a basketball without a lot of practice and skill.

BB is the same way. You can't exhibit your body just walking onto a stage and starting to pose. Posing actually requires a lot of skill to do properly. Also, it requires hard work and training to get to the level where you can actually compete at it.

Ditto, BB is a sport!!

I just do it, don't care for the definition. But if your trying to rag on bodybuilding by saying its not a sport, then it is a sport. Because I said so, regardless of other opinions, and definitions. Thanx :D

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by soyhead

It's an EXHIBITION.

You come on here new and come out with a thread like this? Not to kosher man. And you ask us to provide you with reasons why it is a sport? No, this is your theory, so you support your bogus claim with reasons.

Originally posted by plouffe
I just do it, don't care for the definition. But if your trying to rag on bodybuilding by saying its not a sport, then it is a sport. Because I said so, regardless of other opinions, and definitions. Thanx :D

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Has everyone seen what most normal people look like without steroids? Like normal people.

Let the guy live with his injuries, prick.

If you look at his posts, all of them are just out to cause problems and arguments. He's doing nothing more then stirring up what doesn't need to be stirred up.

Some people just need to get a life.

Originally posted by Eggs
Wow, way to come in with a bang Soy... you sure that soy isnt increasing your estrogen too much? :p :lol:
:rofl:

Hey Jughead
Bodybuilding is not a sport, but exercising your inferiority complex is, right.

Originally posted by maddog1
Hey Jughead
Bodybuilding is not a sport, but exercising your inferiority complex is, right.
:funny:

:lol:

Watch out guys/gals, Soyhead is a 85lb monster. Once i even saw him literally throw the clips back on the weight rack like they were nothing.

Bodybuilding takes the MOST discipline out of any sport there is. I've played competitively and excelled at pretty much every sport there is, and every one of them is not NEARLY as tough as BB (w/ the exception of X-Country and the 200m dash). Think about it, the way to get better is by exerting pain to yourself. Diet, Sleep, Training is just a starting point.

But Honestly, what is your point?

Last edited:
yeah, no kidding!!!! what is your point??????

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Flex
I've played competitively and excelled at pretty much every sport there is,

Who are you, Bo Jackson?

It's an EXHIBITION.

First of all yes bodybulding is a sport.

Secondly, why do you hate Tom Platz so much?

Originally posted by ponyboy
BB is the same way. You can't exhibit your body just walking onto a stage and starting to pose. Posing actually requires a lot of skill to do properly. Also, it requires hard work and training to get to the level where you can actually compete at it.

Yup, posing correctly is very difficult, it takes skill and a lot of practice to perfect.

This is very obvious when you go to an amatuer show and watch the novice class! :D

This troll is nothing but a hypocrite.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tom Platz is off the steroids.

Like countless others he forgot it's called: Body Building, as in health building.

More than his body, Platz was #1 for building his ego.

Tom Platz = Mr. Mega Ego

Platz was the world's hardest trainer. So.

What did it ever get him? Quote: "I'll win the Olympia or die trying!"

(Mohamed Makkawy ranked higher than Platz.)

He neither won nor died. Another blow hard bites the dust.

Now he's a big movie star! Did you know he starred in 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag, with Joe Pesci?

He did. He was one of the heads! Was he singing or dancing or both? Some star. ...and some say Arnold can't act.

Another quote: "...even the President of Ghana wanted to meet me." ...ego!

...and what's with bleaching his hair for 25 years? ha ha ha ha Has anyone ever told him how SILLY that looks? (Tell Lee Priest while you're at it. )

...and what's with Platz gritting his teeth in ever photo, as if he's lifting a car off someone?? Give us a break!

Platz is a nice guy(met him at the '81 Olympia), but he ain't no Golden Eagle.

Danny Padilla(5th place '81 Olympia) was the real winner of the 1981 Olympia! Danny's a class act all the way! Look for him at the next Masters O. He could come in at 215lbs., at 5'2"!

Check out Danny's website: www.google.com

Bill Dobbins said it best. He likened it to gymnastics where they are judged on form of movement, except the bodybuilder is judged on form of body. BB's are extreme athletes and train very hard. To exclude them as athletes is bogus. I mean where would we post the results for BB contests if not the sports page?
The competitive nature of BB makes it a sport as well. Pose downs make it a sport as well, flexing for an extended period is strenuous. Bodybuilding is both a sport and an art form. Enough said.

I don't think bocybuilding is a sport. by your definition beer pong is a sport and it is not. It is more of a way of life really, same as BBing.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Who are you, Bo Jackson?

haha not quite bro.

i'm just saying from my own personal experience, i've played basketball, soccer, baseball, track, cross country and hockey all at a competitive level (meaning high school level or higher w/ refs and such in an actual real game, not a pick up game).

BB is the hardest sport there is, except for X-country (you wanna talk about endurance) and the 400m dash in track (nothing in any sport i've ever done kills you like this, except BB)

If it's not a sport to you. Then you're not doing it right!

Can I get an amen?

Back