• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bodybuilding in olympics...Sport or not???

MeatheadSam

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is body building a sport or a beauty contest? Should it be an Olympic event?

Think about it before getting your feathers ruffled.

Does the quest for muscular mass and symmetry equate to sport or art? Do bodybuilders typically train for looks or for athletic performance? Is great strength that has no practical application in an event such as track and feild qualify for an Olympic event.

Few bodybuilders can match the absolute str of powerlifters or Olympic lifters smaller than they are but are much more muscled up. It does not make much sense to work as hard as BB's do for something that is questionably a real sport.

I don't think it will ever make the Olympics. The Olympics are supposed to be drug-free (yeah, right), and it is obvious that the top body-builders are chemically enhanced. They'd never make it past the drug testing.

Originally posted by MeatheadSam
Is body building a sport or a beauty contest? Should it be an Olympic event?

Think about it before getting your feathers ruffled.

Does the quest for muscular mass and symmetry equate to sport or art? Do bodybuilders typically train for looks or for athletic performance? Is great strength that has no practical application in an event such as track and feild qualify for an Olympic event.

Few bodybuilders can match the absolute str of powerlifters or Olympic lifters smaller than they are but are much more muscled up. It does not make much sense to work as hard as BB's do for something that is questionably a real sport.

Its a sport and it's art.

Is body building a sport or a beauty contest?

Sport

Should it be an Olympic event?

No...but neither should many of the events that are already in the Olympics. Synchronized swimming?????

OMG! Yes, synchronized swimming is definitely not on my list of exciting games. About as bad as Curling is.

I hear ya on the weird sports. You mean to tell me horseback riding is a human event? Hell no, the horse doesall the work. Rigoddamndiculous

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
I hear ya on the weird sports. You mean to tell me horseback riding is a human event? Hell no, the horse doesall the work. Rigoddamndiculous

:D :D

ROFLMAO

Thats is for sure, the next thing will be dog tricks. What is the difference.

I think if BB were to ever be added to the Olympics then it would be the much needed haven for drug free competitors.

Back