What replaces Bread/Rice?

Rep Points

What replaces Bread/Rice?

Im trying to start a low-carb diet but i know there is noway im just gonna eat meats and egg whites all day so my question is instead of chicken and rice or a tuna sandwich what can i use to replace foods high in carbs like bread and rice?

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

protein and fats
    LOW/NO carb is by no means fun.
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

Rep Points

How low-carb are you talking about?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    How low-carb are you talking about?

I am 6ft 198 with 15% bodyfat so im thinking low carbs for me is under 100 grams is this correct?

Rep Points

Actually that would depend on what the rest of your diet looks like. Post your meal plan and then we can probably help better from there.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

This Meal Plan is based on Dp`s with some changes

Meal #1
    4 egg whites
    3 Strips of Turkey Bacon
    1/2 cup oatmeal before cooking

Meal #2
    Myoplex Lite Shake

Meal #3
    8 oz. chicken
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice
    1.5 cup vegetables

Meal #4
    Myoplex Lite Shake

Meal #5 (post-workout)
    2 Scoops protein
    8 - 10 oz. 93% lean beef, chicken, turkey, fish
    2 cups vegetables

Meal #6
    1 whole eggs + 3 egg whites, 5 oz. 93% lean beef , 1 cup vegetables

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

You replace carbs with more protein/fat, uhh.

Rep Points

Originally posted by Mudge
    You replace carbs with more protein/fat, uhh.
    Thats not what i meant. I meant what foods are good that go with meats that arent full of carbs?

Nor*Cal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Veggies are good. La Tortilla makes low-carb. tortillas with 3 grams of carbs, minus the fiber.

Rep Points

I have a question for you then. If you like carbs so much then why do you want to do a low carb diet?

What are your total daily macros for your meals?

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    I have a question for you then. If you like carbs so much then why do you want to do a low carb diet?

What are your total daily macros for your meals?

I heard low carb is the best way to lose fat while preserving your LBM is this right?

Rep Points

Well that info you heard is wrong. Finding the right diet that works for you is the best method for fat loss and preserving LBM. Now, if you can't even get rid of the thought of not eating bread, I would suggest you find a different diet.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

why are you dieting?? You are 6ft tall and 198lbs., no offense but what are you going to cut up? You are going to wind up being 160lbs and look grossly skinny. Why not lift hard and change your diet to a much healthier way of eating. Stay consistent and your body will lean itself out and you may even begin building some muscle (yeah, everybody loves more muscle!!!)
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk
    why are you dieting?? You are 6ft tall and 198lbs., no offense but what are you going to cut up? You are going to wind up being 160lbs and look grossly skinny. Why not lift hard and change your diet to a much healthier way of eating. Stay consistent and your body will lean itself out and you may even begin building some muscle (yeah, everybody loves more muscle!!!)

Id be around 176 with 8% bodyfat thats my goal and if i started bulking now id have noway to see if i was gaining fat or muscle pounds since i dont always have access to a bodyfat tester.

My ultimate goal is 205 with 8% bodyfat so i want to cut then bulk up.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I didn't say to bulk. I just said clean up your diet a little and let your body lean out a bit, just don't start dieting weight away. Going all the way down to 8% (which you hope is 176lbs, if everything workos out right) it will be much harder for you to come back up. If you just lean out a little bit and let your body fat natrually come down and then start to bulk up a little it wil be much easier for you to hit your goal in my opinion. DOn'[t worry about the bf% calipers. Just go by what you see in the mirror. Calipers and the scale are not 100% accurate and if you rely to heavily on them you may end up shooting yourself in the foot in the long run. I just go by what the mirror tells me.

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

Rep Points

They sell these things called La Tortilla Facotory Low Carb Tortillas. They have like 60 calories, 2 or 3 carbs and like 9 grams of fiber. They are pretty good too! You can get them from most GNC's or you can order them online.
    Only time will tell if it was time well spent!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Originally posted by IronSlingah
    Thats not what i meant. I meant what foods are good that go with meats that arent full of carbs?
    How about cheese, sauces. It sounds as if you are loooking for something that looks like bread, tastes like bread, but isn't bread - if thats what your asking it does not exist.

You can't cut the beef if you dont have the steak.

Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk
    I didn't say to bulk. I just said clean up your diet a little and let your body lean out a bit, just don't start dieting weight away. Going all the way down to 8% (which you hope is 176lbs, if everything workos out right) it will be much harder for you to come back up. If you just lean out a little bit and let your body fat natrually come down and then start to bulk up a little it wil be much easier for you to hit your goal in my opinion. DOn'[t worry about the bf% calipers. Just go by what you see in the mirror. Calipers and the scale are not 100% accurate and if you rely to heavily on them you may end up shooting yourself in the foot in the long run. I just go by what the mirror tells me.

How should i clean up the Meal Plan i posted? it seems lean to me.

Rep Points

well I will answer your question...

what I do is make a Lettuce wrap. You can put the crunchy lettuce on top of your chicken/turkey and a piece or two on the bottom...and its called a lettuce wrap. Works good with Iceberg lettuce.
    I Believe in the Impossible!!!

Nor*Cal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Er well yah, I mentioned tortillas already.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by IronSlingah
    How should i clean up the Meal Plan i posted? it seems lean to me.

a) Is that the meal plan your are currently eating (if so how long have you been following this meal plan?). Or is that the meal plan that you are going to use to set up your diet?

b) Figure out your caloric setpoint and go form there. Since I don;t know what your diet looked like before you decided to try and lose weight (which was probably only a week or two ago anyway) I would say that you should add some clean/slow burning carbs in and bump the cals up to maintenace or maybe even 100-200cals above maintenance. The clean foods will help your body even out a little, drop a little water and appear leaner overal. Then you can go form there and try and add some real weight, the right way and hopefully minimze fat gain and maybe even drop some body fat depending on how consistent and specific with your diet and trianing your are.

Rep Points

people have been telling you to forget about dieting at your stage. even though it would appear that you have nothing to cut up ( at your height and weight ) you don't want to do that.
    i have noticed over the years that people who are overly concerned with dieting never ever get bigger. You train for gaining muscle and this type of training needs food. i am not saying to eat like a pig, or get a huge gut.
    you have taken a page from the clarence bass type of thinking on muscle gains. so you get down to your lowest and work back up. this is difficult but so is everything.
    again, it would appear that you are training to get a beach volleyball type of athletic physique. nothing wrong with that. The advice people are giving you has been correct. drop the carbs, you increase protein and fat. However most bodybuilders train for muscular gains and keep your calories sufficient to fuel these gains.
    As for your particular concern, Stacey had the answer for what you wanted- the lettuce wrap thing.
    many here are struggling to gain weight and you wish to drop weight at your height and present weight. so, many ppl here can't relate.
    good luck