• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Competition Info

HoldDaMayo

Just call me Mayo
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
As I've been working out and working on dieting... I've become interested in competing... maybe just to do it once, to experience what it takes...

I know nothing about different contests and what not... basically... I'm 25 years old, 5'11" and about 175lbs right now... I've begun to realise I have alot more weight to lose than I thought... to be truly lean...

What I'm looking for is a goal to shoot for... I want to make it clear, I'm not so concerned about winning a competition as just being prepared and not embarrassing myself...

Are there different weight classes? If so what are they?

If you were my weight/height and experience, what type of competition would you chose as your first?

I would like to accomplish this in about a year.

Thanks for any info provided...

a local NPC show, enter the Novice class, make sure you go to at least one show as a spectator before you compete, if you're 175 right now at 5' 11" you're going to have to compete as a lightweight, no offense but you're going to be a small lightweight at that height.

Thanks for the info Prince... If you had a year to work to improve my current stats.... what competition weight would you be aiming for?

he looks good, although we cannot see his legs! :)

I can tell from that pic he has a very small build, look at his waist and wrists, small bones, which gives him the illusion of looking heavier. (perfect for bodybuilding)

post some pics and I will assess you if you want.

That guy looks good for being over 35. Yea he is pretty small though.

Originally posted by PreMier
That guy looks good for being over 35. Yea he is pretty small though.

LOL, you say that as if 35 is old!

did you know that Ronnie Coleman is 39 years old?

IML Gear Cream!
Sorry :p
I am 21 so any older is old :grin: What I really meant though is that I hope I look that good when im that old.

And no... Had no idea RC was that umm... young ;)

I like the Avi Prince. :D

Prince look at my gallery, I uploaded some new pics... you can see, I'm not very lean AT ALL! I know that I can cut and lose quite a bit of fat... I have no idea what weight that will leave me at... but I think I would need to get to about 180-185 at least and very lean to look decent... I'm the most embarrassed about my chest... it has been lagging behind, but it's been completely my fault... I really neglected it in the last 6 months of working out... I was so concerned with biceps, triceps and back, that I really shot myself in the foot... I'm hoping within the next 6 months to balance my chest out with the rest of my body and get leaner in my love handle, stomach area...

Anyway, thx for your time Prince or whoever else wants to tell me I'm f'n fat....

I definitely agree... I'm going to work hard and see what develops over the year... I'm just uncertain about how much extra food I need to be eating to put on some quality lean mass...

I was reading a bit... and even if I wanted to compete at 180lbs... I would be sitting at around 190-195 normal weight... which is easily 20lb from where i am now....

Prince,
Could you, or anyone else tell me if you think I could compete at a small local event?
5'10" 193 arms 17" when pumped Chest 43" Waist 33"
I know I need to cut up and work on legs.
Thanx for the input.
I'm going to try to include a photo, There's already a lat pose of me posted.

I'll try to post some better photos also. I'm about 7-8 pounds heavier now.

There are some competitions that are PURE novice......meaning...you've never competed before!

I have a thread in the competition area...take a peek

Hey prince...I reply to your questions in the Pic gallery

IML Gear Cream!
another photo

here's a current photo (today)
Have to work on lighting issues to get better shots.

Originally posted by Prince
that is about right assuming that you stay relatively lean, I am shooting for a competition weight of 170lbs.

170?? I though in one of your pics in the gallery you said you were around 195lbs and you looked really lean. I would have though more like 180-185lbs, no?

170 after or before you drop water? because if you drop water and weigh 170 you wil end up hitting the satgge closer to 180.

Back