• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Mad cow disease

God himself could not keep me from havin a good steak...well yea he could..but Id be hella pissed

it happened near my college- Whitman College in Walla Walla]
I believe it was 20 miles or so of Yakima

i don't eat beef-so it really doesn't affect me

I just hope they lower the prices at my local grocery store now so I can fill up one of those shopping carts. :yes:

Unless matters get far worse, I'll still be eating plenty of beef.

To Mad Cow disease, I say "Moo you".

Since your chances of being hit by lightning at any given moment according to the CDC is 1 in 7000, you have a higher chance of being hit by lightning. The media is blowing it up.

At the same time, the beef industry in America was too stupid to learn from Canada and Britain who figured out that Mad cow disease or Bovine spongeiform encephalophathy is easily prevented by not refeeding cows wasteproducts from ground up cow meat (including brain...kind of their own cannibalism) which is why grain fed cows are making a comeback. They shot themselves in the foot and are now whining about the fact that the rest of the world is boycotting our beef. I'm still going to eat a Mcdonald's big mac, nothing like it after a two hour mountain bike ride...and that it's the epitome of American imperialism. yum yum yum. (yes, you ultra lowfat BBs are cringing..but admit it...you love it!)

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by bandaidwoman
Since your chances of being hit by lightning at any given moment according to the CDC is 1 in 7000, you have a higher chance of being hit by lightning. The media is blowing it up.

At the same time, the beef industry in America was too stupid to learn from Canada and Britain who figured out that Mad cow disease or Bovine spongeiform encephalophathy is easily prevented by not refeeding cows wasteproducts from ground up cow meat (including brain...kind of their own cannibalism) which is why grain fed cows are making a comeback. They shot themselves in the foot and are now whining about the fact that the rest of the world is boycotting our beef. I'm still going to eat a Mcdonald's big mac, nothing like it after a two hour mountain bike ride...and that it's the epitome of American imperialism. yum yum yum. (yes, you ultra lowfat BBs are cringing..but admit it...you love it!)
no we don't ..i have a question ..Why are u posting in a bb forum if u do nothing of the sort and are constantly ridiculing the sport?

Originally posted by oaktownboy
no we don't ..i have a question ..Why are u posting in a bb forum if u do nothing of the sort and are constantly ridiculing the sport?

Didn't realize I was ridiculing BBs. If anything, the media for blowing this out of proportion. ( as in, our chances of being hit by lighgtning is greater than contracting mad cow disease) If you had read my posts, I dated and am married to a BB so I know how low fat intake is important for a BB so I realized the thought of eating a McDonald's Big Mac must make some people on this forum cringe. If that is belitteling the sport then you must have had a bad, bad christmas . :cry:

same with ur steroid posts..u just don't get it

Your replies shows some sort of personal vendetta, a response I am used to from men that aren't used to stong willed assertive women.

If you read my steroid posts, I provided responses to issued bought up regarding scientific data. Forum members questioned the validity of those criticising the safety of steroids....especially those bought up by Meathead Sam. I actually agreed with some regarding how the media overblew the roid rages but showed that there were no studies that completely exonnerated or completely rendered steroids innocent of long term side effects. Individual choice and risks were not what I argued about. There are alot of smart people on this forum who are aware of the risks and choose to undertake them cautiously but I specifically addressed the ones trying to shoot down the medical data with some fallacious ones of their own...basically showing that both sides still did not have all the data. You critcised me from veering away from the thread starters initial content matter, but did not criticize meathead sam's slew of medical data regarding the dangers of steroids....seems prejudicial to me. :)

Your replies shows some sort of personal vendetta, a response I am used to from men that aren't used to stong willed assertive women.

If you read my steroid posts, I provided responses to issued bought up regarding scientific data. Forum members questioned the validity of those criticising the safety of steroids....especially those bought up by Meathead Sam. I actually agreed with some regarding how the media overblew the roid rages but showed that there were no studies that completely exonnerated or completely rendered steroids innocent of long term side effects. Individual choice and risks were not what I argued about. There are alot of smart people on this forum who are aware of the risks and choose to undertake them cautiously but I specifically addressed the ones trying to shoot down the medical data with some fallacious ones of their own...basically showing that both sides still did not have all the data. You critcised me from veering away from the thread starters initial content matter, but did not criticize meathead sam's slew of medical data regarding the dangers of steroids....seems prejudicial to me. :)

yes u figured me out..the reason why i replied to this quote is because i hate "stong willed assertive women."

:funny:

Originally posted by oaktownboy
yes u figured me out..the reason why i replied to this quote is because i hate "stong willed assertive women."

:funny:

Let's see, a smiley just obliterated my rationally outlined argument....I am devastated...swoon... :D

It was just another nice way of preventing myself from resorting to four letter expletives.:thumb:

nahh shes cool oak...she came on alittle strong in the gear debate in my opinion... but now Im pretty certain she didnt mean to come off that way...besides maby she can help us science us up some stuff :p

I'm still going to eat a Mcdonald's big mac... yum yum yum. (yes, you ultra lowfat BBs are cringing..but admit it...you love it!)

I actually hate McDonalds. Its not that its fatening, its that the food tastes like ass! Fukin grose :barf:

Two hour bike ride? That's just a warm up right?

Originally posted by Saber
Two hour bike ride? That's just a warm up right?
For a road ride yes, many times I'm usually mountain biking, altthough with the shorter daylight hours, I'm lucky if I get that in at all, unless i do a night ride on the trails.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
I'm not going to stop eating beef and steak because of mad-cow. From my understand (be it small), the only way you can get mad cow disease is if you eat the nervous tissue (nerves) or the brains. Considering those parts aren't in beef and steak, I don't think there is a reason to be worried.

But one can't be safe, can they? I'm buying my beef and steak at the local all natural healthy food market. It's a bit expensive, but just until the mad-cow scare is over. Basically its meat from cows who are only fed natural things, like hay, oats, and so forth.

Originally posted by NitroWorkin86
I'm not going to stop eating beef and steak because of mad-cow. From my understand (be it small), the only way you can get mad cow disease is if you eat the nervous tissue (nerves) or the brains. Considering those parts aren't in beef and steak, I don't think there is a reason to be worried.

But one can't be safe, can they? I'm buying my beef and steak at the local all natural healthy food market. It's a bit expensive, but just until the mad-cow scare is over. Basically its meat from cows who are only fed natural things, like hay, oats, and so forth.

You are smart NitroWork to buy your beef at the natural healthy food market. The transmission of mad cow disease (in the human form of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease ) in the 150 British subjects last year was from eating beef from diseased cows......not the nervous tissues. All 150 subsequently died. The use of brain and spinal cord tissue in cattle feed is the primary means by which mad cow is transmitted among the cows, not from beef to humans. However, as I stated before, the odds are still so low, I'm not going to worry but I have noticed that I have concentrated on fish and chicken lately :D

i have heard that even if you do eat beef contaminated with the mad cow (what the helk is it by the way? is it a virus?), it takes around 10 years for the symptoms to develop and eventually debilitate the person. anyone hear of this? is it true?

If it is, thats messed up, if i get sick as hell i want to know tomorrow, not in ten years!

Originally posted by Yeah Buddy!
i have heard that even if you do eat beef contaminated with the mad cow (what the helk is it by the way? is it a virus?), it takes around 10 years for the symptoms to develop and eventually debilitate the person. anyone hear of this? is it true?

If it is, thats messed up, if i get sick as hell i want to know tomorrow, not in ten years!

Niether a bacteria or virus. It is a prion, an infectious protein! This geek could go on and on about it but here is a link...http://www-micro.msb.le.ac.uk/3035/prions.html

When I read about how they refeed dead cows into the cow's feed, it totally distorted the original image I had of cattle eating grass and hay all day, lol. YEah, and I see you're point behind infected beef as well. Chances are slim, but there isn't anything wrong in taking precausions, is there, lol? I'll probably return to the supermarket soon, but until then, spending on the more expensive beef from the all-natural storer is a good precaution.

Kinda off topic, but I recently did research how pigs and meats derived from them. Ugh, no more pork for me. I'm eating chicken, fish, and the natural beef as part of my meals.

The thought of a Big Mac makes me cringe and Im not even a BB :lol: seriously tho, itd make me violently sick just like KFC did last time I had it months ago (never again)

Eactly, fast food is disgusting. It may taste good at the time, but it does absolutely nothing et all for the body. All fast food joints, I try to avoid at all costs. Except for the one time a month I allow myself to cheat and go to chinise food with my friends:) .

Originally posted by Power Rabbit
nahh shes cool oak...she came on alittle strong in the gear debate in my opinion... but now Im pretty certain she didnt mean to come off that way...besides maby she can help us science us up some stuff :p
yeah yeah all good:thumb:

Theres another case of madcow reported now and i did some reasearch and it says that mad cow can take up to 10yrs before you notice any symptoms so alot more could potentially be infected.

I thought this prion only existed in the "guts", not the meat itself. (spinal cord, intestines, organs, etc.)

OR

Is it the whole cow?

*Grain fed cattle are bad anyway. As I've said before, my grandfather raised cattle, and I've spent alot of time in my life (during summers) out there helping. Ours were grass fed from the time they were weaned from the mother. Never did understand the grain fed thang. Sure it fattens em up, but it also affects the taste of the meat. Inferior feeding brings inferior meat.

Back