• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Planning a PWO shake/meal...

Some type of carb should be used pwo, at the very least get some oatmeal in there, if you don't want dextrose or something high GI (its okay to eat raw oats). Not really sure bout the ALA, maybe someone else will chime in about that.

Creatine should be loaded...bout 15-20g/day for 5 days then go to 5-10g/day to maintain (taken pre or post w/o).

R-ALA is used as a glucose disposal agent and to enhance insulin sensitivity to ingested carbohydrates...some people use it with PWO and carbohydrates in the PWO meal to assist with transporting glucose better to muscular cells.

Peace.

He's not talking about R-ala, rather regular ala which is why i didn't want to give him some wrong advice. I'm not really sure if ala is even a worthwhile supp, but i have seen enough good feedback about r-ala to consider it a worthwhile supp.

^^ ALA does the same thing, but it's not as potent. It is also an insulin-mimicking agent, and hey, it's better than chromium picolinate and vanadyl sulfate anyway.

Peace.

I feel dextrose is a great addition to a PWO shake...I use about the same PWO shake as you...cept i add a scoop of gatorade powder to it to help along the insulin spike...and for your PWO meal(about a hr later), try to avoid fats...they will slow down protien intake...

have you guys seen good results using ALA or R-ALA with creatine? what does it do exactly? Will it allow me to use less sugar and still have the same upload into my muscles?

DO NOT use ALA post workout! While it is evident that ALA is a glucose lowering agent, ALA's regulation of glucose metabolism in the muscle is quite different to insulins. Insulin clearly produces more dramatic enhancement in glycogen synthesis however ALA actually acts as an inhibitor of glycogen syunthesis and causes glucose oxidation. 400mg of alpha lipoic acid aftre beakfast is good.

As for the P/W shake, I've found that the best post-workout mixture one can have is a mixture of whey protein (40-50g), dextrose (45-50g), creatine monohydrate (5-7g), glutamine (10g) and anywhere between 75-85 grams of carbs.

When working out, muscle fibres are put under a huge amount of stress, which casues muscle cells to deplete adenosine triphosphate (ATP), glycogen and amino acids. After a workout, your body searches for nutrients to restore glycogen and ATP levels as well as repair muscle proteins damaged by weight training.

Make sure that you choose a fast-absorbing whey protein isolate. Whey isolates deliver free-form peptide-bonded amino acids into your bloodstream within 30 minutes. Dextrose (D-glucose) is essential because, being a monosaccharide (simple carb), it finds its way into the bloodstream within 3-5 minutes, and peaks after about 40 minutes. This creates two great effects within the body. One is that it creates a high concentration of glucose (needed for glycogen replenishment). Reason two is that these levels of dextrose stimulate insulin release which, contrary to popular belief, is actaully the body's strongest anabolic hormone. Insulin is the delievry mechanism. It opens up the membranes surrounding the muscles and promotes the transport of amino acids, glucose, creatine and glutamine and carries them to the available empty storae spaces in the muscles you just trained. The great thing about this is that the body then 'supercompensates' by bringing more nutrients to the muscle cells that were previously in place, thus creating muscle hypertrophy.

Good day.

IML Gear Cream!
Yes. I've gained all my bodybuilding knowledge of the backs of cereal boxes.

Back