Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Gettin' Ready

Okay, I am pretty much done bulking. I am at 196lbs today, and I wouldn't doubt that over the holiday I was near or at 200lbs due to eating so much. No it is time for me to start to lean out, not real diet yet, but will call it my pre-pre contest diet. I jsut want to try and maintain this weight and tighten up as much as possible. I was looking on the NPC home page and there are some shows in NYC around May and June (actually there is one May 5th I think). So I am going to try and do one or bith of those and possibly a natural show around the same time.

Diet is going to be clean as hell. I am dropping all the things that I eat when I am bulking, like bread and shredded wheat and going with slower burning carbs. I think I may stay with an insulin spike post workout for a little bit though. Instead of dextrose now I think I will go with whey protein and rice cakes (get rid of the sugar)...thoughts??

Training is going to be the same right now, alternating between my heavy and light weeks but I will probabbly start throwing in more super and giant sets (especially on the light week) to try and get the heart rate up and burn more cals.

So here we go:

12/29 chest/abs (4-8 reps)

bench press
    275x4
    275x4
    275x4
    275x3+1 (damn it...GRRR!!)

decline dumbell press
    100x8
    100x6
    100x6

15 degree incline dumbell flyes
    70x8
    70x7
    75x4

peck deck flyes
    210x6
    210x4
    195x5
    195x5

dips (just for fun)
    bw x 17
    bw x 17
    bw x 12
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

hey good to hear from ya again P...is everything set up and back to normal?
    -Justin
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Yep, got everything in my new apartment hooked up.............................BRING ON THE BITCHES!!!

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

HA! With the mis-information given I still found the thread

Well I wanna see some pics man! Especially before you slim down.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Amor Fati

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah Pat, where the fuck are the pictures? You know i gots a digi cam if you need (we just use the classic time digi cams, lol). When are you gonna start refeeding/carbing up? I'd be willing to take a ride into the city for a little sushi or maybe just some cocoa puffs with skim milk, lol.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Yanick, come on into the city whenever you want. I will try and take some pics this weekend if I can. I have some from the olympia, I jsut need to post them.

Amor Fati

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

dude all i really want to do is try and lift with you (remember i said try, i've been out of it for a while). I'm sick of working out with my friends, they all work out like bitches (Damn, Yan you actually break a sweat when you workout? Your crazy!!!). Damn them and their good genetics (and of course can't forget bout the juice).
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

lol, I really want to work out with your friends. It is a real ego booster when i work out with juice heads and I can out lift them. It really pisses them off. When ever you want to lift just let me know. Also, got a lead on a gym you may be able to work at, actually I am going to try and get in there also so I can work at both places. It pays really well, I'll pm ya.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Hey P-funk, I was wondering what kind of supplementation your currently using, and whats your stance on ph's? I am just using protein currently, and thinking of starting creatine... but I want to lift all natural for a while.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Amor Fati

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Originally posted by P-funk
    lol, I really want to work out with your friends. It is a real ego booster when i work out with juice heads and I can out lift them. It really pisses them off. When ever you want to lift just let me know. Also, got a lead on a gym you may be able to work at, actually I am going to try and get in there also so I can work at both places. It pays really well, I'll pm ya.
    You will destroy any one of them in anything (probably including bw exercises). The two biggest kids i know however are actually natural, but have very good genetics. They are also about your height but they weigh what you weighed back at ACT. One of them is a bench monkey however and might actually give you a run for your money on the bench (315 max, pyramids up to 235 for 8 on last set).

Oh yeah i forgot to tell you something in the PM bout the gym. I dunno if this will bother you or not, but when i interviewed there the guy told me they do not pay for floor hours and the only way to get custies is to do the whole coming up to people on the gym floor thing, they don't just throw ppl at you like other gyms. First thing the guy asked me was if i was comfortable talking to complete strangers. I don't really know how well i would do there seeing as i don't really have much experience with sales pitches and shit.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Originally posted by Yanick
    You will destroy any one of them in anything (probably including bw exercises). The two biggest kids i know however are actually natural, but have very good genetics. They are also about your height but they weigh what you weighed back at ACT. One of them is a bench monkey however and might actually give you a run for your money on the bench (315 max, pyramids up to 235 for 8 on last set).

Oh yeah i forgot to tell you something in the PM bout the gym. I dunno if this will bother you or not, but when i interviewed there the guy told me they do not pay for floor hours and the only way to get custies is to do the whole coming up to people on the gym floor thing, they don't just throw ppl at you like other gyms. First thing the guy asked me was if i was comfortable talking to complete strangers. I don't really know how well i would do there seeing as i don't really have much experience with sales pitches and shit.

Well, don't be scared about the floor hours thing, you just need to be confident in your skills and people will want to train with you. If you are confident in what you know and sincere in your approach people will see that and it will make the whole approach a lot easier for you.

235lbs on the bench for 8, eh. LOL, well seeing as how on a heavy day that is a warm up weight for me I think I have the kid beat. I can bang out 225lbs for 15 or more reps these days and 235 is a picnic.

Hey P-funk, I was wondering what kind of supplementation your currently using, and whats your stance on ph's? I am just using protein currently, and thinking of starting creatine... but I want to lift all natural for a while.
    PreMier, my supplements are pretty basic. I take a multivitamin, a vitamin C and a B-complex, fish oil and flax seed oil, Echinacea (only recently because of the flu season and whey protein ofcourse. I was using ZMA for a little bit but it is to expensive to use all the time. When bulking I like to take creatine about 5 weeks on and 3-4 weeks off (I stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago and my weight has remained the same so go figure that one out.). For my competition I may need to look into trying some thermogenics towards the last few weeks of my diet to drop some wieght but not really sure about that since I have never used them. So really just vitamins, whey preotein and food.....lots of food.

My feeling on prohormones is the same as my feelings on anabolic steroids. They are steroids (even if it is on a smaller scale). I don't do steroids so I wont take prohormones. This should however in noway discourage you from doing with your own body what you want. My feelings were always "you build you body naturally and it is yours to keep......forever. You build your body with steroids and the steroids are your body as you are going to have to keep doing cycles to maintain what you have built because your natural production decreases with each cycle."

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

12/30 back day (4-8 reps)

this workout was fast, my training partner and I did everything in a you go I go fasion. Took about 35-40min.

Bent over barbell rows
    215x8
    215x7
    225x5
    225x4

pullups (performed with an overhand grip on a straight bar)
    bw + 25 x6
    bw + 25 x4+1
    bw + 25 x3+2

close grip pulldowns
    plate#15x6
    plate#15x5+1
    plate#15x5+1
    plate#15x5+1

seated close grip cable rows
    plate#16x6
    plate#16x5
    dropset plate#16x5, plate#8x10, plate#4x15

straight bar cable pressdowns
    plate#5x12
    plate#7x5
    plate#7x4

reverse peck deck
    150x6
    150x6
    150x6

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for the info. I like to train naturally, but have been looking into ph's quite a bit lately. Just learning ya know. I honestly dont think I will take them, untill later in my life. I am 21, so I have quite a while to build on my own I think. Thanks again.
    P-side Inc.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah, I don't see the point at 21. If you were 31 and your natural testosterone lovels were alredy falling or low then I could see going with something like that. Although, one of my buddies who is huge into steroids always says "Why would anyone waste their money on prohormes when you can just take the real thing, know you are getting all of it, and get real results? to me that stuff is a waste of money."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Happy New Year!

I'm back
    http://www.ironmaglabs.com/banners/Osta728.gif

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.