• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Patrick is pulling it together

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-funk

Patrick
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Gettin' Ready

Okay, I am pretty much done bulking. I am at 196lbs today, and I wouldn't doubt that over the holiday I was near or at 200lbs due to eating so much. No it is time for me to start to lean out, not real diet yet, but will call it my pre-pre contest diet. I jsut want to try and maintain this weight and tighten up as much as possible. I was looking on the NPC home page and there are some shows in NYC around May and June (actually there is one May 5th I think). So I am going to try and do one or bith of those and possibly a natural show around the same time.

Diet is going to be clean as hell. I am dropping all the things that I eat when I am bulking, like bread and shredded wheat and going with slower burning carbs. I think I may stay with an insulin spike post workout for a little bit though. Instead of dextrose now I think I will go with whey protein and rice cakes (get rid of the sugar)...thoughts??

Training is going to be the same right now, alternating between my heavy and light weeks but I will probabbly start throwing in more super and giant sets (especially on the light week) to try and get the heart rate up and burn more cals.

So here we go:

12/29 chest/abs (4-8 reps)

bench press
275x4
275x4
275x4
275x3+1 (damn it...GRRR!!)

decline dumbell press
100x8
100x6
100x6

15 degree incline dumbell flyes
70x8
70x7
75x4

peck deck flyes
210x6
210x4
195x5
195x5

dips (just for fun)
bw x 17
bw x 17
bw x 12

hey good to hear from ya again P...is everything set up and back to normal?
-Justin

Yep, got everything in my new apartment hooked up.............................BRING ON THE BITCHES!!!:p

HA! With the mis-information given I still found the thread :p

Well I wanna see some pics man! Especially before you slim down.

Yeah Pat, where the fuck are the pictures? You know i gots a digi cam if you need (we just use the classic time digi cams, lol). When are you gonna start refeeding/carbing up? I'd be willing to take a ride into the city for a little sushi or maybe just some cocoa puffs with skim milk, lol.

Yanick, come on into the city whenever you want. I will try and take some pics this weekend if I can. I have some from the olympia, I jsut need to post them.

dude all i really want to do is try and lift with you (remember i said try, i've been out of it for a while). I'm sick of working out with my friends, they all work out like bitches (Damn, Yan you actually break a sweat when you workout? Your crazy!!!). Damn them and their good genetics (and of course can't forget bout the juice).

lol, I really want to work out with your friends. It is a real ego booster when i work out with juice heads and I can out lift them. It really pisses them off. When ever you want to lift just let me know. Also, got a lead on a gym you may be able to work at, actually I am going to try and get in there also so I can work at both places. It pays really well, I'll pm ya.

Hey P-funk, I was wondering what kind of supplementation your currently using, and whats your stance on ph's? I am just using protein currently, and thinking of starting creatine... but I want to lift all natural for a while.

Originally posted by P-funk
lol, I really want to work out with your friends. It is a real ego booster when i work out with juice heads and I can out lift them. It really pisses them off. When ever you want to lift just let me know. Also, got a lead on a gym you may be able to work at, actually I am going to try and get in there also so I can work at both places. It pays really well, I'll pm ya.

You will destroy any one of them in anything (probably including bw exercises). The two biggest kids i know however are actually natural, but have very good genetics. They are also about your height but they weigh what you weighed back at ACT. One of them is a bench monkey however and might actually give you a run for your money on the bench (315 max, pyramids up to 235 for 8 on last set).

Oh yeah i forgot to tell you something in the PM bout the gym. I dunno if this will bother you or not, but when i interviewed there the guy told me they do not pay for floor hours and the only way to get custies is to do the whole coming up to people on the gym floor thing, they don't just throw ppl at you like other gyms. First thing the guy asked me was if i was comfortable talking to complete strangers. I don't really know how well i would do there seeing as i don't really have much experience with sales pitches and shit.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Yanick
You will destroy any one of them in anything (probably including bw exercises). The two biggest kids i know however are actually natural, but have very good genetics. They are also about your height but they weigh what you weighed back at ACT. One of them is a bench monkey however and might actually give you a run for your money on the bench (315 max, pyramids up to 235 for 8 on last set).

Oh yeah i forgot to tell you something in the PM bout the gym. I dunno if this will bother you or not, but when i interviewed there the guy told me they do not pay for floor hours and the only way to get custies is to do the whole coming up to people on the gym floor thing, they don't just throw ppl at you like other gyms. First thing the guy asked me was if i was comfortable talking to complete strangers. I don't really know how well i would do there seeing as i don't really have much experience with sales pitches and shit.

Well, don't be scared about the floor hours thing, you just need to be confident in your skills and people will want to train with you. If you are confident in what you know and sincere in your approach people will see that and it will make the whole approach a lot easier for you.

235lbs on the bench for 8, eh. LOL, well seeing as how on a heavy day that is a warm up weight for me I think I have the kid beat. I can bang out 225lbs for 15 or more reps these days and 235 is a picnic.

Hey P-funk, I was wondering what kind of supplementation your currently using, and whats your stance on ph's? I am just using protein currently, and thinking of starting creatine... but I want to lift all natural for a while.

PreMier, my supplements are pretty basic. I take a multivitamin, a vitamin C and a B-complex, fish oil and flax seed oil, Echinacea (only recently because of the flu season and whey protein ofcourse. I was using ZMA for a little bit but it is to expensive to use all the time. When bulking I like to take creatine about 5 weeks on and 3-4 weeks off (I stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago and my weight has remained the same so go figure that one out.). For my competition I may need to look into trying some thermogenics towards the last few weeks of my diet to drop some wieght but not really sure about that since I have never used them. So really just vitamins, whey preotein and food.....lots of food.

My feeling on prohormones is the same as my feelings on anabolic steroids. They are steroids (even if it is on a smaller scale). I don't do steroids so I wont take prohormones. This should however in noway discourage you from doing with your own body what you want. My feelings were always "you build you body naturally and it is yours to keep......forever. You build your body with steroids and the steroids are your body as you are going to have to keep doing cycles to maintain what you have built because your natural production decreases with each cycle."

12/30 back day (4-8 reps)

this workout was fast, my training partner and I did everything in a you go I go fasion. Took about 35-40min.

Bent over barbell rows
215x8
215x7
225x5
225x4

pullups (performed with an overhand grip on a straight bar)
bw + 25 x6
bw + 25 x4+1
bw + 25 x3+2

close grip pulldowns
plate#15x6
plate#15x5+1
plate#15x5+1
plate#15x5+1

seated close grip cable rows
plate#16x6
plate#16x5
dropset plate#16x5, plate#8x10, plate#4x15

straight bar cable pressdowns
plate#5x12
plate#7x5
plate#7x4

reverse peck deck
150x6
150x6
150x6

Thanks for the info. I like to train naturally, but have been looking into ph's quite a bit lately. Just learning ya know. I honestly dont think I will take them, untill later in my life. I am 21, so I have quite a while to build on my own I think. Thanks again.

Yeah, I don't see the point at 21. If you were 31 and your natural testosterone lovels were alredy falling or low then I could see going with something like that. Although, one of my buddies who is huge into steroids always says "Why would anyone waste their money on prohormes when you can just take the real thing, know you are getting all of it, and get real results? to me that stuff is a waste of money."

:kiss: Happy New Year!

I'm back :)

wb jodi

p funk all i can say is..your lat spread scares me :lol:

He is 150 lbs in that pic... He is 195 now! Scared even more? :lol:

Hey, Happy New Year, Welcome Back Jodi. How was the move? All settled in yet?

LOL, Premier I was about to say the same thing. Actually one of my training partners has a cell phone with a cam and he has a picture of my lat spread from months ago when I was about 175lbs and it looks sick. I wishI could figure out how to get it to here so I could post it. I should take another lat spread shot though,

12/31 legs (4-8reps)

I trained legs today because I don't think I will be able to train tomorrow.

For starters one of my New Year's Resolutions is "Parallel Squats Don't Count!!!". I used to always say that parallel is good and below that is better. But now I don't care anymore. No more parallel squats, only deep ass to the grass squats count. I can take 405lbs to a parallel squat so doing only ass to the grass squats was really upsetting for me since I can't go as high as usual. It is a real ego buster and I feel like I am starting over but this is the way it has to be.

Squats
315x2
295x3
275x5
275x4
dropset 275x4, 225x6

barbell SLDL
255x8
275x6
295x4
315x3

lying leg curl
130x8
130x8
130x8

unilateral leg press
6 plates x 8 reps on each leg

leg press calf raises
10 plates x 12
10 plates x 12
10 plates x 12
10 plates x 12
10 plates x 12

I used to ass to the grass squats. It kinda bugged my knees the more reps I went though. BE CAREFUL! I just do parallel now.

IML Gear Cream!
Hey Pat do you do Squats PL style? I went ass to the grass once, as per your suggestion, but my knee was killing me for 2 days, coudln't even walk up or down the stairs(thats usually a good thing after leg day).

What do you mean by pwerlifter stlye?? If you mean do I go all the way down then yes. I go as far as I can, trying to touch my ass to the ground.

Well, I hope everyone had a great New Years. Mine was not so good and I am kind of ashamed and upset with myself because I did somehting that I really shouldn't have done. I guess I should confess, since I don't like to lie, this is my journal and it may make me feel better to get it off of my chest. I am sorry if I disapoint anyone with this as I really try to lead by example.

A freind of mine was going to atlantic city for New Years eve with his wife and his brother and his wife and thier daughters and he asked me to come along because it would be a good time. I thought "Yeah, why not, never been to atalantic city and I guess this would be a good a time as any!!". So we go. things start out okay, we are just hanginig there in our hotel rooms and then they start drinking. Well, I really don't ever drink but why not have a beer. So I am drinking and then before we leave the hotel to go the party I smoke a joint (I really don;t smoke that much anymore, maybe once every two months or so. I don't think marijuana is bad and in my opinion is much better than alcohol which is complete poison). So far, it is a good night, having fun.....drinking a little more, still far from drunk but pretty stoned. Midnight hits.....balll drops....Yeah, 2004!!!! Now this is were things start to go down hill.....The whole night i was a bit stressed out, a bit of a girl situation (you all know how that goes). So i am stressing....thoughts going through my head "Man, damint...why didn't you go hang out with her tonight? why hasn't she called you back since you left that message for her earlier today?? Why hasn't she called you to wish you happy new year?" stressing.....EEK...Okay, hanging out drinking a little more....still having a good time, a little stressed but oh well, hang in there "p" the night is almost over.......Uh oh here we go..........What the fuck, the stress got the better of me......thoughs in my head........Oh shit!!! Patirck, steps into his time machine and resorts back to the old Patrick..No don't do it.......FUCK IT IS TO LATE...............Here I am, snorting cocaine in the bathroom the rest of the night!!!! FUCK....HAPPY NEW YEAR PATRICK YOU ARE A LOSER AGAIN!!!

I feel like shit today, mentally and phyically. My throat is a bit sore and my nose is still stuffed up. The worst parts.......(a) I swore this stuff off years ago and said that I would never do it again. Especially since one of my best friends has a serious heroine and cocaine addiction. He really looks up to me for quitting all of this stuff. and (b) I can't believe that I was not strong enough to stop this and I let my feelings get the better of me and I gave in. I can't bel;ieve I was such a weak person last night.......this can't....NO THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

New, new years Resolution.......to be stronger than ever!

hey man, I can defiantely relate to that feelins, lord knows I have had my bouts with the substances in the past. Also I am sure that I don't know the whole story either, but you really shouldn't be too hard on yourself. no body id perfect and we all do things that we aren't necessarily proud of either, but you gotta take things in stride. You can just look at it like, hey it was new years, its not something I do often or ever, and move on from there. As long as you are responsible and take it for what it was then you should be aight, ya feel me? Truts me I know how it is but s long as you are strong and you keep your priorities straight, which you do, then shouldn't let it eat you up. There is only a reason to worry if you think there is a reason to worry, ya dig. ain't no thang playa, now go out and use that as motivation to tear it up.;) Peace -gr

thanks gr81. I hear what your sayin' I hate fallin off the wagon, especially after being so good for so long. tomorrow I am going to wake up and just be stronger, and put this beind me.

peace

Oh Funky don't be so hard on yourself little buddy :) We all have our moments. Just don't dwell on it and forget about it. These things happen.

Tomorrow is a new day and you know what you want to do and need to do. Just focus on that ;)

Patrick, we have all been there in one form or another. Don't let it get to you, just resolve to not let it happen again and if you find yourself in the same situation in the future, just get the hell out of it.

Women suck. It's just a fact of life. :p

1/2/04 shoulders/traps/abs (4-6 reps)

back in action today and ready to rock!!

standing barbell overhead press
195x5
195x5
195x5

superset
a. dumbell lateral raise 25x8, 30x7, 30x5
b. behind back cable lateral raises; plate#4x6, plate#4x4, plate#3x5

bentover rear delt dumbel raises
30x8
35x8
35x8
35x8

reverse peck deck (vertical grip)
120x12
150x5
150x7
150x7
(much better focus on the last to sets)

barbell shrugs
405x8
405x6
405x5

dumbell upright row
50x8
50x8
50x8

1/3 arms

standing alteranting dumbell curls
55x5
55x4
55x4
55x4

olympic bar skull crushers
125x6
125x6
125x6
125x5+1

cable curls (cambered bar extension)
stack x 6
stack x 6
stack x 6

decline dumbell skull crushers
45x8
50x5
50x4 (attempted a fifth and almost crushed my skull!!)

standing dumbell preacher curl
30x8
40x7

single arm reverse grip cable tricep ext. (no rest inbetween sets)
30x8
40x7

dumbell hammer curls (both arms at the same time)
35x8
40x6
40x6

siongle arm overhead dumbell ext. (standing)
30x8
40x5
40x5

I am not starting my full on pre-contest diet yet since the show I am doing is not until june 5th. But I just want to try and lean out a bit and maintain my weight to the best of my ability.

Here is what my diet will look like this week:

m1
3 whole eggs
7 whites
1c oats

m2
1 can albacore tuna
1 tbsp flax
1c brown rice

m3 (post w/o)
2.5 scoops optimum whey
2 peanut butter rice cakes (for insulin spike.....yum!!)

m4
8oz chicken
1c brown rice
1tbsp flax

m5
same as meal 4 or:
2 turkey burgers
8oz sweet potato

m6
2c cottage cheese
1 apple

or