• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is my weekly exercise routine any good?

NitroWorkin86

-Newbie Cutter-
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
As I've stated before, I've been doing some research online so that when my gym opens within the next few weeks I can beginning my cutting and workout routine. My only question is whether or not my routine is good. Could someone tell me what they think of it, any suggestions would be greately appreciated:) .

Monday - Chest

30-35 minutes of Cardio

DB press - 3 sets of 4-6 reps
Dips - 2 sets of 4-6 reps
DB Decline - 2 sets of 4-6 reps
DB Incline - 2 sets of 4-6 reps

Tuesday - Arms

30-35 minutes of Cardio

Straight Bar Curls - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Alt. Dumbbell Curls - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Straight Bar Cable Curls - 1 set of 6 reps
Lying Tricep Presses - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Tricep Cable Press Downs - 2 sets of 6 reps
Dumbbell Kick-Backs - 1 set of 6 reps
Wrist Curls - 2 sets of 6 to 8 reps
Dumbbell Wrist Curls - 1 sets of 6 to 8 reps
Leg Lifts - 2 sets of 12 to 15 reps
Weighted Cable Crunches - 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps
Crunches - 1 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Wednesday - Shoulders/traps

30-35 minutes of Cardio

Straight Bar Military Press - 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Dumbbell Press - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Dumbbell Side Laterals - 2 sets of 6 to 8 reps
Upright Rows (close grip) - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Barbell Shrugs - 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Thursday - Back

30-35 minutes of Cardio

Deadlift - 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Weighted Hyper-Extensions - 2 sets of 6 to 8 reps
Cable Pull Downs (In front) - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
T-Row - 1 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Seated Cable Rows - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Friday - Legs

30-35 minutes of Cardio

Squats - 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Leg Press - 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps
Stiff Leg Dead lift - 2 sets of 5-6 reps
Leg Curls - 2 sets of 5-6 reps
Standing Calf Raise - 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps
Calf Press - 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps

Saturday-30 Minutes of Cardio, Rest

Sunday-30 Minutes of Cardio, Rest.

Anyways that's the routine I plan on following. Thanks in advance if anyone can tell me whether or not it will actually help me or not.

looks like a lot of cardio, especially right out of the gate on a cut. Remeber, leave yourself some room to make changes otherwise you will back youraself in a corner trying to do to much to soon.

Diet Routine

Basically I'm going to do the classic 40-40-20, Carbs-Protein-Fat. I've done low carb eating for a long time now, that's how I was able to lose weight over the summer. I'm currently in the process of setting up a diet, and trying to be careful about which lean meats I choose because mad-cow is rampant apparently (so I am buying beef from the organic foodstores, expensive, but safer). Thanks for the suggestion tjwes.

I'm seventeen, so I'm trying to do as much as I possibly can with the measly amount I make a month at my job.

Also, I'll keep in mind what you said P-funk. If I find my routine is too much for me, I'll develop a more efficient one that I can cope with. Right now I'm doing cardio, crunches, and pushups, as I wait for the gym to open on the 17th.

NW,

what i think p-funk meant by not doing too much too soon isn't that you will have to much to do but rather when your progress stalls you will have nowhere to go.

Example:
I start cutting with only diet changes (lower carbs/cals) and i lose a few pounds in a few weeks. Once my progress halts i add in a day or two of cardio at 20 min a day. Progress halts, add more cardio or maybe some EC or maybe more dietary changes. See what i'm getting at? You can't throw everything you've got out right away because then you have no wiggle room after a few weeks.

Ah, now I see. That's for the advice, I appreciate it.

If you are just now starting to work-out that is way too much, I would suggest some type of full body routine, or a upper/lower routine.

If not, then I do not like how many different exercises you do for each bodypart. I prefer to pick around two for each work-out, this way you can hit muscles at different angles each week.

Also, cardio 7 days per week is rough, might want to drop that to 4-5 maximum, unless you're pre-contest and 8 weeks from your show. ;)

Thanks for the advice Prince. Lol, not pre-contest here, nope. So basically do cardio five days a week, and just take Saturday and Sunday off? I can do that. Definitely thanks for the advice, I'm about to head off to check around at upper/lower body routines to see if I can develop anything. Thanks a ton for all the advice people have given me so far, appreciate it!

by upper/lower basically all I meant was you train legs two days per week and upper body two days per week, so one work-out is your full upper body the other is your full lower. Stick with compound movements.

Oh I get it. So an upper body/ lower body workout routine is along the lines of something like Day 1: Upper Body, Day 2: Lower Body, Day 3: Rest, Just Cardio, Day 4: Upper Body, Day 5: Lower Body. I get it now! Thanks.:D

Back