• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The Rover landed safely on Mars!!

TheGreatSatan

38lbs lost
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/01/04/mars.rovers/index.html

1.nasa.jpg

what if there is a life on Mars?

What a waist of money :no:

Originally posted by irontime
Perhaps to your ignorant mind :rolleyes:

They spend billions of dollars on that sonbitch and they don't even make it color? What a let down. :D

so far no more news :(
i was so happy when i hear abt that news...
well it is not my tax money ...:D hehe

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
They spend billions of dollars on that sonbitch and they don't even make it color? What a let down. :D
What are you talking about?

Image credit: NASA/JPL/Cornell University

the picsin the article were all balck and white, but I suppose that could have been before the sun exposed itself. Can't imagine too many colors other than shit brown on that planet. ;)

the picsin the article were all balck and white, but I suppose that could have been before the sun exposed itself. Can't imagine too many colors other than shit brown on that planet. ;)

High resolution color photos will be provided by NASA in coming days.

I watching NOVA on PBS the other night. It was an hour long show about all the preparation that went into getting the rover ready, launched, and onto Mars' surface. Very interesting stuff. Part 2 is on tonight. :)

Originally posted by irontime

They should spend it on teaching American children how to spell! :grin:

Originally posted by TheGreatSatan
Are you serious?:confused:

CARL SAGAN'S CORPSE SPEAKS FROM BEYOND - SATAN BACKS MARS RESEARCH - LOOKING TO COLONIZE MINIONS OF EVIL

That was my tasteless humor for the day.

I'm going to buy IT a Speak 'n' Spell this Christmas.

Originally posted by Mudge
They should spend it on teaching American children how to spell! :grin:

pssst, Mudge, IT's Canadian :eek:

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
High resolution color photos will be provided by NASA in coming days.
I already provided one ;)

Originally posted by naturaltan
Oh well, that explains it!!! ;)

Originally posted by butterfly
I already provided one ;)

Right, with more to follow! You have the inside scoop....hook us up. :)

IML Gear Cream!

What are you talkin' aboot Willis? You guys spell waste = waist?

Oy.

Ahhh NT now you have given us Canadians a bad name :p
Maybe IT is Newfie we can always blame it on that. :D

Originally posted by Mudge
What are you talkin' aboot Willis? You guys spell waste = waist?

Oy.

:lol: ... no, but you said American children in quoting IT, who's canadian :D

Was that better Iain? :rofl:

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Right, with more to follow! You have the inside scoop....hook us up. :)
Can you get to the site I posted above?

Unfortunately, I can't give you photos that have NOT been approved for release :shrug:

Last edited:
:lol: ... no, but you said American children in quoting IT, who's canadian :D

Someone switched my water with Vodka! :spaz:

Lemme guess Mudge, you thought IT's was it's. Maybe that money should be used for grammar/spelling. :lugh:

Originally posted by butterfly
Can you get to the site I posted above?

Unfortunately, I can't give you photos that have NOT been approved for release :shrug:

Yeah we see it alright. Damn big photos, took forever to download with my 10 mbit/s. Or slow nasa servers.

Why r some pix not approved? Do they show freeways and houses? Or is it that Nasa dont want everyone who hasnt paid for it to get the pix for free?

Originally posted by JJJ
Yeah we see it alright. Damn big photos, took forever to download with my 10 mbit/s. Or slow nasa servers.

Why r some pix not approved? Do they show freeways and houses? Or is it that Nasa dont want everyone who hasnt paid for it to get the pix for free?

Well, you are right about that, JJJ...some pics take some time to download, but I think they are providing that size so we can see as much clarity as possible.

I don't work for NASA, but I think some pics are delayed with approval because they are analyzing them for details and probably still trying to make decisions about where the Rover is going to travel when it starts going out for samples. I'm just real surprised at how good the pics seem to be, especially considering the different atmosphere, lighting and things like that which could easily make photos difficult in a strange environment.

Actually, even though NASA sometimes has quite a tight budget, they do a lot of outreach and educational projects, especially with children and school districts. I have a Canadian friend who is a school principal who has had his students participate in some of their online projects, and NASA really works hard to create a very user-friendly environment. A couple of years ago, I believe the Mars Polar Lander contained a disc with names and greetings from children...unfortunately that craft was lost. I'll bet Butterfly could probably get you information on their educational programs, if you like.

By the way, I think it's nice to see you using the Swedish flag as your avi...helps me remember just how international this forum is.

Originally posted by kbm8795

By the way, I think it's nice to see you using the Swedish flag as your avi...helps me remember just how international this forum is.

Thanks man :thumb: I use it cuz some people were knocking my english. Maybee now they´ll know that Im not stupid, Im just swedish. :p

But the internationally thing is good aswell :)

Lemme guess Mudge, you thought IT's was it's. Maybe that money should be used for grammar/spelling. :lugh:

In honor (honour) of IT, and being a westerner, I am going to name my new company Infidel Technologies.

Back