• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Question regarding Leg cramps and spasms

Sapphire

P/RR/S groupie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey does anyone have any suggestion for helping alliviate leg muscle spasms at night after a hard workout? My BF can't sleep at night because the spasms are so bad. He drinks gallons of water and stretches..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

If water doesnt work, he should probably try something like apple juice. Cramps are caused by an electrolyte imbalance of potassium, sodium, and calcium. In fact, drinking excessive amounts of water may serve to flush out even more of those nutrients.

Something like gatorade would work too.

Monolith is right , leg cramps can be caused by water over intoxication. With that said, we really don't know what causes most nocturnal leg cramps.

In women, the most common cause is anemia! Other medical conditions include low thyroid.

In both male and female athletes, nocturnal leg cramps many times respond to calcium supplementation and magnesium supplementation.

The RDA for magnesium is 350 mg/day. Average intake in the USA is between 143 and 266 mg/day. 500-1000 mg/day would be good for most bodybuilders as they have an increased need for this mineral. Hard training seems to deplete the body of this mineral as well as other minerals. Calcium supplementation of up to 1500mg a day is recommended for my athletes.

Pyridoxine, vitamin B6, is also supposed to reduce leg cramps. This is alos beneficial if you have migraines.

Vitamin E (tocopherol) has a weak action and has to be taken in doses of 400 iu a day.

Peppermint has a weak action but can lessen cramps, but this can make reflux worse (especially in BBs since most have hiatal hernias to some degree anyway.)

Doctors often prescribe quinine. Quinine raises the treshold for acetylcholine at the motor end plate. However, you can get some quinine through tonic water.

WOW! Thanks for the suggestions! I will pass on the info!!! You guys are the best!:)

for the sake of convenience what foods should we eat. I mean most available foods. Taking drugs is not always good ...u know

Back