• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question about suicide grip question?

Larva

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
probably a stupid question, just curious.
I am wondering about my grip. i been using i guess a suicide grip when doing these and when doing skull crushers and close grip bench press. Is this ok to use this grip or am i going to injure myself.

besides if i drop the weight .:eek:

thanks for your time

i'm sure other people can help you with this question Larva. What is a suicide grip?

Basically using no thumb to grip the barbell, instead your thumb is on the side with your other fingers. I only rarely use a suicide grip when doing regular barbell bench, I'm not sure about using it on the others. I guess you could, but I think personally I would have a hard time getting a good grip on the skull crushers and closed grip.

I use suicide on most of my lifts except regular bench.

I would say be carefull when doing close grip, listen to your wrists.

I wouldn't use that grip for skull crushers, it has that nickname for a reason.

Originally posted by Larva
probably a stupid question, just curious.
I am wondering about my grip. i been using i guess a suicide grip when doing these and when doing skull crushers and close grip bench press. Is this ok to use this grip or am i going to injure myself.

besides if i drop the weight .:eek:

thanks for your time

I do the same thing man -- easier on my wrists :D

Originally posted by Darkkmind
I wouldn't use that grip for skull crushers, it has that nickname for a reason.

I always, and I mean always have used a suicide grip when doing skullcrushers. You will be fine. If you can;t hang onto the weight without droppin it on yourself then go lighter.

Yeah, i've never had a problem with that grip and skullcrushers. Actually feels more secure to me

If you haven't dropped it on ourself by now, you should be ok.

IML Gear Cream!
thanks guys for your replys ill keep at it, i do change my grip if i feel i can't deal with it

I actually prefere suicide over the normal grip with close grip and skull crushers. I feel it is more comfortable, but thats what works for me. And for some reason I tend to keep the rythm goin and get better workouts with this grip rather then the security of the conventional grip.

Back