• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My first purchase of weights

UTURN

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Today I purchased what will become a full home gym over some time. I know it will cost about 1 k to get everything I want. So today I got what I could with what I had . I got 2 sets of dumbells. Two 35s and two 40s. Today I started my excersises. 3 sets of 6-10 reps of the following. dumbell lunges,single leg squats,bicep curls, and shoulder press.I know there are many of u buft guys and girls out there laughing at me right now.sure 35 and 40 isnt very much weight and sure i was probly only in there for 30 mins.But hey! this was my first routine since high school.Im getting my excersise instructions from here http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html bottom line is I'm pooped,light headed and nausious any 1 know why I feel this way? My #'s are 28/m 5'11'' 140 lbs. 6 meals a day champion shakes. any comments helpful

Anyone that might be laughing at you is not worth giving the time of day to.

Congratulations on getting started back. I did much the same with my home gym. Start with one thing and slowly get all you want/need or can fit into the designated space.

I now have a home gym that I can do almost anything I can do in a gym with free weights.

Keep up the hard work. Sorry I have no expertise on the bad feelings you are getting however. Possibly hypoglycemic. You used all your energy stores and ran into a deficite.

Man, great job. That is awsome that you are starting training again.

My only question is: If you haven't worked out in so long why start with an exercise so complex as single leg squats?

Well the excercises I did today were just an experamint.I went here http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html and saw that single leg squats work your legs in many different areas, and man lemme tell u this its true! I'm dead on my feet.I guess I need a 7 week routine ,preferably one day on on day off kina thing.The problem is i can only do things that involve two 40s and two 35s dumbels till I get my check next week then I'll get two 45s and so on and on.I feel better now but imeadiatly after those excercises I felt awefull.Light headed,nausiated,and headache.

Stick with is my friend.

Make sure that you hydrate yourself man, it sounds to me like you have become dehydrated. Try to drink water untill your urine is clear, if you still feel crappy go se the doc!.

No man I said I feel better.I came inside ate,drank,and I felt better.I think I hit it hard for my first time in 10 yrs.

I find it amazing that you are using 35 pound dumbells for curls at a bw of 140 lbs, especially just starting out. Nothing to laugh at there, I know plenty of guys who use less weight than that.

good job man , keep it up and i my self started working out a few months ago from a 4 year break, i started at 146 now i am 159.

any question you might have the people here can help you

Any weight is far better than no weight. Congrats on getting back to the weights!

IML Gear Cream!
Thnx guys. These are encouraging comments. I'm now trying to plan my excercises and workout splits. http://www.joelrodriguez.com/
This man shares my beliefs and values. Monday__Back and biceps,Tuesday__Chest and triceps,Wed__REST,Thursday__Legs: Quadriceps (Quads), hamstrings, and calves,Friday__Forearms and shoulders: deltoids (delts) and trapezoid ( traps),SAT__rest,Sun__rest.

Back