• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

finally....i actually quit

nikegurl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i know it's dirty and disgusting and dangerous. but somehow, i smoked anyway. i never quit. i tapered a lot and then would smoke more during stressful times. i didn't smoke during work hours. i've never smoked in my apartment or my car but no matter how i spin it - i was still a smoker.

not anymore. it's been 6 days, 18 hours, 58 minutes since my last cigarette and i'm never EVER gonna take a single puff again.

never.

thanks prince. i was always ashamed of the smoking but kinda proud of the quitting.

Congrats Nikegurl! I hear its really hard to quit. I have a lot of friends who smoke and just cant kick it. Keep up the good work!!! :thumb:

Way to go babes!! I have belief in you! Stay strong and I know that you can leave them completly behind you! :)

thanks everyone. oddly enough....it hasn't been difficult at all. i quit when i got the flu and just didn't start again when i felt better.

'bout damn time!:D

Way to go NG!!!!!!:thumbs:

Way to go NG! I quit 11 years ago. At the time I was smoking about 2 packs a day. The scary thing is since I started at 16, I had smoked for 20 years before my dumbass finally quit.

Hang in there and if you need some support, PM me.

thanks so much everyone! oddly enough....i didn't START to smoke 'til i was 24. way old enough to know better.

but i'm not gonna beat myself up over it. i'm just not going to do it anymore.

I know I'm the only one to say it... but hell I can't hold it in... Crack will not be a good permanent substitue for cigarettes... there... flame on...

PS... gratz NG! :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
see now i had been told the EXACT opposite HoldDaMayo so i'm glad you let me know.

good temporary substitute but not long term/permanent.

got it.

Cold turkey is the only way IMHO. Things they say bring you off a little at a time keep you hooked a little at a time.

Congrats NG:clap:
What a great way to start the new year:)

Very wise decision. My aunt smoked for over 40 years and just quit cold turkey 3 years ago with no help and has not gone back.

Great job. I dipped(copenhagen) for years. Started when I was nine and stopped when I was 30. Nicotine is the worse drug out there. I don't see them trying to ban it though. :rolleyes:

Stay strong girlie. Week two was hardest for me. That is when it is really getting out fo your system. BTW, food is gonna taste sooooo much better now. lol

Hey I stopped smoking cigarettes to, now I'm moving on to Cigars.

But seroiusly good job NG, sounds pretty cool from hear.

Good job NG! :banana: I'm soooo proud of you :thumb:

Way to go girl! You'll start feeling the physical benefits right away. Here's just a short list of the benefits:

Within 8 hours
carbon monoxide levels in your body decrease
oxygen level in your blood increases to normal
Within 48 hours
your chances of having a heart attack start to go down
sense of smell and taste begin to improve
Within 72 hours
bronchial tubes relax making breathing easier
lung capacity increases
Within 2 weeks to 3 months
circulation improves
lung functioning increases up to 30%
Within 6 months
coughing, sinus congestion, tiredness and shortness of breath improve
Within 1 year
risk of smoking-related heart attack is cut in half
Within 10 years
risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half
Within 15 years
risk of dying from a heart attack is equal to a person who never smoked

IML Gear Cream!
i will wait till u wait till u pick up a fag again
how long shall i wait?

YEAH!!! Congrats NG!!! Good luck Babe, you CAN and WILL do it!
:thumb: :D :rocker:

good job:thumbs: , keep it up , i personally don't know how hard it is but i have family members and friends that tried a failed, but you can do it.

Good luck! You'll be so happy when it's far behind you.:)

You rock girl!!! I'm so proud of you! :thumb:

Good for you, nikegurl. Congrats. Good luck sticking to it. I can only imagine how hard it must be to kick that habit.

thank you all so much.

it must just be the right time b/c it honestly hasn't been hard. the only thing i've noticed is i've had a rough time sleeping the past few nights. (i'll live with it!) i read your caffeine sensitivity can increase when you quit smoking so maybe that's why

i'm just amazed that it hasn't been harder. i swear i think having that last sinus infection was a blessing. i felt so crappy that no way was i getting up to go outside and smoke when i could barely breathe. so before i really knew it 4 days had gone by without smoking.

i'll never go back.

thanks again for all the support and encouragement. what a great place im is!

I quit after 20 years, The first 2 weeks were the hardest, I couldnt sleep, and when I did, I dreamed of smoking. You hang in there, remember that you are stronger than any sick chemical addiction. I did have to use prescriptions to quit, so you have my respect for diving in head first. stay strong! smoking sucks!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Sapphire
you CAN and WILL do IT!
:thumb: :D :rocker:
I agree :yes: Do IT! :p

Seriously congrats :thumb: Any addiction is a son of a bitch to quit

Back