NapsGear.net

Does anyone have a link of what free weight exercise to do to assist with weight loss

Ex Sumo wrestler
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Does anyone have a link of what free weight exercise to do to assist with weight loss

- Does anyone have a link of what free weight exercise to do to assist with weight loss.

- I have this http://www.thesportsauthority.com/pr...entPage=family

- And need information on what exercises to do with it, I am just a beginner now, but I have alot of time on my hands.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

* Expenditure of calories during workout
    * Increased metabolic needs via increased LBM which burns calories to sustain itself

Rep Points

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Ex Sumo wrestler
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Wow jodi that link is mega informative, thank you

Do you know which are best to do for a general work out?

So far I have tried the wrist, upper arm and chest and back exercise... I can feel all those muscles working.

I just need to know how many reps of exercise should be done and which exercises to do, Alot of these are real fun to do... learning how to excercise with dumbells again!
    Last edited by Rixmon; 01-08-2004 at 11:59 PM.

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

trail, since you are just starting out and (sort of) knowing your condition, I would take your resistance exercise really easy at the beginning. Your supporting muscles are going to be very important because of your structure (please don't take offense to that it is not meant that way). Things like your hips, shoulders, knees and wrists are going to be very important.

If you are going to be starting out I would begin with fairly light weight, something you can lift for 15-20 repetitions at a perceived exertion of about 7 out of 10 to start with - enough to feel it, but not to the point you are straining yourself. Make all of your movements slow and controlled - at least 2 seconds to lift and lower anything.

Remember to try to make your movements functional as well - lifting, pushing, pulling, and even bending and squatting once you can handle it. A good way to start with the lower body is to do chair sits - just get up and down from a chair slowly and think about using your lower body to push yourself up (if you can handle it at this point).

Good to hear you are starting some resistance work - it will help. Remember it isn't about how much you lift, it is doing it properly to establish a solid base that counts at the start.

How did your weigh in go the other day?
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

By the way trail, what is wrong with your hip? Is it avascular necrosis of the joint, severe osteoarthritis etc.? I would avoid some of the lower body excercises depending on what's wrong with your hip (the biking is ok). I might reserve some of the lower body workouts (weights) until you lose some more weight. (Remember...for every 10 pounds you lose, you decrease by 2000 lbs/sqaure inch the amount of pressure your hip and knee joints have to put up with.) That's why alot of orthopedists won't operate on a joint unless a person is at a certain minimal BMI so the new joints don't grind up and fail so soon after the surgery.
    Official Race Member of the Crank Crushing Rednecks

Eat more mud, mountain bike until you die!

XX Feminine power

Ex Sumo wrestler
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

- Thank you for the information everyone, and pony i started a journal, i am down to 555 now!

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Congrats man! Keep it up!
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

Unstoppable Force
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Congratulations on the new man you are becoming. It seems to me your diet and nutrition are doing quite well, the most important thing for you to do right now is stay motivated. At first times may be good, and the weight will drop fast. Other times it wont be so easy, and it may seem like your having to rip the weight from your body. The main thing to remember is, this will be much like a rollercoaster. You gotta stay focused through the ups and downs. You have ANY questions, I consider myself a knowlegable guy, feel free to pm me anytime.

Good luck... well, no i dont believe in luck...... instead ill say, keep up the good work.

Dave
    "Show me a beautiful woman, and I'll show you a guy tired of screwing her"