• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

ROM During Bench Pressing

As long as you do not bounce off your chest, I think it's fine.

My wife cannot bring the bar all the way down because it hurts her shoulders. I don'y think her form is bad, it's just a way of compensating.

When going heavy, I only go a little below 90 degrees. When I'm stretching (light weight) I'll tap my chest.

People tell me I'm cheating. I watch others bounce it off their chest. (You aren't supposed to depress a chest that much during CPR.) I stop the weight about 1-2" above my chest and press. I'd rather do that with good form (timing, control) than most of the slop I see there from those that say I'm cheating.

All IMHO......OCICBW
John

IMO, you should always touch the chest, but never bounce it off. It still needs to be done in a controlled manner.

as long as the weight isn't bounced off the chest, or you don't rest the bar on your chest to take stress off of the working muscles than touching the chest is fine.

Full range of motion...touch that damn chest!!!!If you want to bounce something,get a basketball....:D

Back