Heavy Bag

Thread: Heavy Bag

Rep Points

Heavy Bag

Truckload of questions, but they all work I guess, besides thats the point of a Q&A forum eh?

Anyone use the heavy bag for good cardio workout? I mean, burn out your legs on a bike/tread/ellipse whatever, then go to this to drain whats left, and use your upper body...

If so, basically, I got two questions:: Any skills, techniques advice on using handwraps?

Any good places to get some good techniques on using the bag itself?

So far, I'm going at 5--3minute rounds just randomly circling the bag, working from 2 up to 4 punch combos alternating starting hands. I try to alternate the foot that I have my weight on, as well as occassionally swinging completely off-balance - but I tend to almost end up on my ass doing that.

So far, all I've found is this site called fightauthority.com but it wants money to see the heavy bag videos... anythingelse would be appreciated.

Rep Points

I can't teach you skills over the net man, no one can. The only way to learn how to wrap your hands, throw proper punches and move properly (i.e.) bobbing,weaving,counterpunching and slipping is to go to a good club with a reputable coach. Someone who is level 2 or higer qualified to give you training insruction and good advice. I'm Canadian as well, tell me where you live and I will give you the name of a good club. You don't have to go to fight if you don't want to but you might find you like it!!!. Nothing like knocking some clown out
    Hell Week is only 6 months away.

Rep Points

haha, sounds great. I actually live in Auckland, New Zealand, I just grew up here and I'm visitin Ma n Pa over the holidays (i dont start school again until late feb)... know any good ones in Auckland, heh... or, maybe someone I could at least talk to in Brandon MB.

Thx.. have a good one

Rep Points

Funny you say brandon cause I'm in Winnipeg right now and am being posted to brandon. I hear there is a good club out there where you can learn the basics.
    Hell Week is only 6 months away.