• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

rest between sets??

mervin

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How long should I rest in between sets? I have read that you have to rest at least three minutes. Bodyforlife suggests resting only one minute in between sets. I do not have a lot of time in the gym and minutes add up. Is one minute too short of a period?

Thanks,
Mervin

Depends on the intesity you are working at. If I am going heavy and working at high intensities (90% of 1RM or greater) I will rest 2-3 min. Other than that I like 30-60sec for rest depending on what I am doing that day.

At least 3 minutes? Thats insane, thats a minimum for a powerlifter, not a bodybuilder or fitness-lifter.

30 seconds is a nice "minimum."

I rest either 90 seconds or 2 minutes, right now 2 minutes so 1:50 on my stopwatch. For leg day I reset my stopwatch twice for the heavy stuff, leg extentions/curls I do 2 minutes (1:50 again on the watch).

Originally posted by Mudge
At least 3 minutes? Thats insane, thats a minimum for a powerlifter, not a bodybuilder or fitness-lifter.

30 seconds is a nice "minimum."

I rest either 90 seconds or 2 minutes, right now 2 minutes so 1:50 on my stopwatch. For leg day I reset my stopwatch twice for the heavy stuff, leg extentions/curls I do 2 minutes (1:50 again on the watch).

Right, that is why I said I rest that long when I am training at high intensities, close to my 1RM, which I frequntly do, switching my training between strength days and explosive/power days (were I rest 30sec. between sets). Bodybuilders shouldn't rest that long. It really depends on your goals and what you are training for.

Yep, 3-5 minutes is not abnormal for a PL.

Thankks....that was QUICK!

I am not a power lifter for sure and struggling to get off the ground to be a body builder......so it sounds like 1 minute should work for me.

Back