• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Marijuana and Bodybuilding: The Truth

Deeznuts

Still Growing
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Insipred by the training vs. alcohol thread I searced the internet in hopes of finding some articles on the adverse effects of marijuana while wait training. Sadly, I couldn't find anything 100% factual. I don't smoke myself (anymore), but have lots of friends who do. Does weed actually effect your body and muscle recovery?

I agree with Prince. Thats why you could give two shits about women when your blitzed.

Although I dont toke much anymore, maybe once a month. [img2]http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smoking.gif[/img2]

Well makes you impotent i've heard. And the biggest part is that it makes you lazy / unmotivated. So i stay away from weed now.. :D sometimes :shrug:

yeah, if I smoke pot my workout the next day is usually very sluggish and un-inspired.

Originally posted by P-funk
yeah, if I smoke pot my workout the next day is usually very sluggish and un-inspired.

So don't smoke it.

:D

I've never tried it myself.

I rarely smoke it anymore. Maybe once every two or three months. I am pretty much done with that shit.

When I used to smoke I would actually sometimes get HIGH and then workout. Sometimes I would have the best workout of my life (of course I could've just been thinking that) other times I just said screw it and went and smoked again. This is why I completely cut smoking and alcohol out of my diet. I was just wanting some information to persuade all my friends not to smoke (most of them are into bodybuilding and i'm starting to see their lives go downhill.) I guess I could mention the lowered testosterone though.

*throws in s'more*

The munchies would usually fuck up my diet too. :p

ha no bud no beer... bodybuilding is a tough sport... munchies can be a good way to bulk though ha

IML Gear Cream!
I honestly don't miss my smoking days, its been 8 months. Ever since I quit, I've been working out. Now I have extra $$$ for supps.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon \
I've never tried it myself.

Same here

Had plenty of opps, just never felt compelled to.

I have a craving sometimes just becasue I did it for so long, but i've somehow convinced myself that it's the worst thing I can do for more body - not to mention the fact that i'm in the middle of competition season - so I just ask myself do I want to throw away all i've achieved with one blunt/joing? hell no!

I've never tried it and i went to SIU...(southern IL university...Known for bein a party school hehe.) I drank my ass off in college but never smoked weed...

i have a friend, (well we used to be best friends), he somkes weed at least 4 times a week, and does a little E on the side, he started working out with me long long time ago and quit after only a month because smoking weed was more important to him than loosing his fat-ass, i admit to smoking weed a few times (13) but i was still in highschool back then and im glad i tried it but even happier that i was smart enought to make a choice to stay away from my old friends because i hear now that they even started "experimenting" with coke....... dumb idiots?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't usually smoke but one or two bong hits per day, at the end of the day, after I have finished all of my exercise and homework. Sometimes I won't smoke if I simply don't have time, but most days I am able to. I still gained 70 pounds on my benchpress, lost some fat, and gained 25 pounds in 6 months of lifting/cardio while smoking a small amount daily.

Also, I used to smoke a lot more when I was younger. The strongest I've ever been was when I was a big pothead. I weighed 205 and was benchpressing a max of about 275 when I was 14. I used to even weight lift while I was stoned, which didn't seem to be much of a problem. In fact, I kind of liked it because it numbed some of the muscle burn. It made it easier for me to go to failure on sets of above 6 repititions.

The biggest problem I can see is that it will demotivate some people. Also, if you are a very heavy smoker, then your blood flow becomes somewhat impeded. I think the key is moderation. Although I smoke every day, I don't let it interfere with my life.

How are you dumb if you experiment with coke?

I can understand dumb if you are a frequent user/addict....

I'm definetly not dumb :)

ok, so go "experiment" with some heroin and come back and tell us how it is than ok ??? and whike you are at it go try some Acid, psp, lsd etc... and come back and report, " there is nothing dumb" with that,

marijuana should be legal... it's not that bad at all... it's just that people are very stupid and abuse things...

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by QuestionGuy
i have a friend, (well we used to be best friends), he somkes weed at least 4 times a week, and does a little E on the side, he started working out with me long long time ago and quit after only a month because smoking weed was more important to him than loosing his fat-ass, i admit to smoking weed a few times (13) but i was still in highschool back then and im glad i tried it but even happier that i was smart enought to make a choice to stay away from my old friends because i hear now that they even started "experimenting" with coke....... dumb idiots?!?!?!?!?!?

13 times hey, at least it didnt affect your ability to count! Look I agree toking the gunga is not a good idea if you cant exercise your ability to reason with what is going to fuck with you ie de-motivated, lowered T count. However, every one needs a release from time to time. Otherwise it becomes difficult to stay strict to your training plan and all sorts of other shit for that fact. Even the occasional line within reason - a birthday, new years can be helpful from a mental perspective, as long as it is restricted to those types of occasions.

ok, so go "experiment" with some heroin and come back and tell us how it is than ok ??? and whike you are at it go try some Acid, psp, lsd etc... and come back and report, " there is nothing dumb" with that,

Ok, I only need to try one other drug off that list in order to come back and report and tell you its "ok" And I'm not missing the heroin.

As a matter of fact, I've been drug free for about a year now.
I have access to virtually any drug minus the acid (thats pretty dry across the country).

And if you really want to get into the subject, I'd be happy to inform you just how harmless heroin is to the body in actuality. Its far safer (in respect to actual damage to the body) than a majority of other drugs out there, even weed or coke.

Heroin is an semi-synthetic opiate, its actually used by hospitals in the UK. Heroin functions the same way morphine does and for that matter most other opiates/opiods. Vicodin, coedine, etc....

Originally posted by HoldDaMayo
marijuana should be legal...

i think the reason it is illegal is not b/c of the effects it has on you, but more because of its potential to be a gateway drug. ANYONE who says its not a gateway drug is full of, how do you say, shit.

Originally posted by Ralphie
I'd be happy to inform you just how harmless heroin is to the body in actuality.

OH REALLY? funny, i didnt know heroin was harmless. maybe i'll go out and try some.

whats so harmless about it i wonder. the shared dirty needles? disease? overdose? addiction? what about the EFFECT of it? have you ever seen anyone on heroin? well, in case any of you havent, they can't exactly "function" too well.

weed is not a gateway drug and I can prove it to you flex. PM me and I will explain how. I don't want to get in a big big arguement with people over it.

Originally posted by Prince
damn, what college did you go to? :confused:
or high school for that matter, I go to a private high school with only like 300 kids, I've tried weed once but don't smoke it on any kind of regular basis, but there's kids my age smoking pretty much every day, even at my school. At the big public schools, and catholic schools, forget it, potheads every which way, middle schools to. Weed is everywhere these days, it's pretty amazing if you went to high school and college and never at least got a few opportunities to smoke weed.:scratch:

Nice point QuestionGuy....:evil:

Hmmmm maybe your not so bad after all :scratch :hehe:

actually i keep hearing that smoking after a workout is good for you..lol..some say it allows you to eat more and it also has something to do with allowing more nutrients to go the muscles...a kid i went to high school with does this and he's quite big from the last time i saw him..so go figure

I don't believe that any proof exists that can prove that smoking weed will not psychologically motivate or steer an individual into using other drugs. So in light of that I would say it surely can be a gateway. Naturally any marijuana smoker who is not immediately involved with other drugs would disagree. IMO I say that it can without a doubt lead an individual to other drug use. I don't believe any tangable proof against that theory could possibly exist.

You have to ask yourself, "why do people smoke weed?"
Isn't it to change the way they feel? To relax you? To help take the edge off your day, like others say about a drink or two.
Well this is how it all starts, "harmless". Then things in life happen for the worst, and you are suddenly introduced to other drugs that may make you feel even better than the weed made you feel.... So you try it. Well this is how it happens with many individuals. I'm not saying everyone, but it surely does happen. And it is all triggered by the weed. The same can hold true for alcohol or any drug. You like the way it feels and want to try something else to make you feel better or different.

Just my 2 cents... And I don't want to argue either... so this is all I'm going to say on the subject.

Now I agree that there are medical benefits to smoking weed.
And for those cases, I support it whole heartedly. But my point here was that it can be a gateway to other drugs.

Originally posted by gr81
weed is not a gateway drug and I can prove it to you flex. PM me and I will explain how. I don't want to get in a big big arguement with people over it.

Last edited:
Back