• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is this cheating?

Wannabefit

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm doin incline DB presses...I had my spotter help me get them in the air to start my reps...after their in the air, I dont need his help pressing...Is that cheating?

No, not IMO. It is called a "lift off." Though I don't use them, I see no reason for this to be cheating.:D

Do they help you put the plates on too? That is not cheating either. ;)

It's not cheating to me. I sometimes use 50 to 55lbs, there is no way in hell I can get them up without Craig's help. Once they are up, its all me.

Hehe...Craig usually loads the plates for me too. I just sit there and whin til then. :D

ok thats all good to know..u guys are the best

it's not cheating, however I do believe that if you cannot position the weight on your own maybe it's too heavy.

I work-out alone and I can get my self into incline dumbbell position on my own with 100lb dumbbells.

I do the exact same thing, man, just because I don't want to waste my energy getting those sons of bitches off the ground lol. I'd rather use it all on some forced reps. This is what (in most casses) spotters are for - to help you with the weight so you get an overall better workout. This isn't cheating at all because it has nothing to do with your reps, and if it was who cares? As long as you're getting a good workout. :thumb:

They are the ones who taught me to do lift offs!:lol:

:laugh: good point, but im hardly old school :p

I don't remember watching any of them max either....but it has been a long time, I was quite young. Who taught you how to lift? My "old school" mentor showed what I think of as good advice, ie only give as much assistance as necessary to safely get the weight into position. NOT lift it for them and drop it when it gets there. Guess I learned wrong.

Originally posted by Wannabefit
I'm doin incline DB presses...I had my spotter help me get them in the air to start my reps...after their in the air, I dont need his help pressing...Is that cheating?

:lol:

it really don't matter if its cheating or not, theres nothing wrong with it.... i mean u either do that, or you lift lighter weights, its your prefrence

its like moving your shoulders slightly to get out the last few reps, that is cheating, but every rep rips the muscle deeper, so its smart cheating

if your benefiting from lift offs keep doing it, we all give each other lift offs on the bench press at the gym i go to

peace

Originally posted by Mex
Oh, I'm pretty sure they go all out in Pumping Iron :D

I think you should lift it yourself, why can't you do it?
I don't generally take them but if I am maxing out, I might.

You probably never push yourself enough to need it, do you.

Whoops, sorry to hear that, man.

I personnally don't use lift-offs unless I am doing enough that it doesn't feel safe to get into position. Decline DB bench is one lift that I think would be easy to injure something trying to get a lot of weight into position.

Back