Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Determined

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Determined

Back to reality

Rep Points

Determined

Back from a 2 week mess-actually about a 1 month slack and am getting on track as of today! Doing TP's carb cycling, again, but am cutting out my cheats.... Somebody please remember that! I NEED to lose some fat or I wont be wearing any shorts or skirts for summer! I plan continue with my weights heavy, and am gonna try the following split.

Weight training 5X a week
    Chest
    Back
    Bis & Tris
    Legs
    Shoulders

Cardio will be quite a bit to start, just for the first few weeks(cause i got a little fat!), then about 30 mins 3-4 times a week. Took measurements this am, and weighed in and even took 4 before pics. Wow, what a shocker! Will post that all eventually! Good luck to me!

Back to reality

Rep Points

Monday, January 19 - NO CARB DAY

Meal 1 - Preworkout: Protein, fishies
    (32P, 2F)
    Meal 2 - Postworkout: 1 can albacore, 2 TBS mayo, brocolli stems
    (30P, 10F)
    Meal 3 - 2 yolks, 3 whites, 1 slice ff cheese, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, baby pickles
    (33.5P, 10F)
    Meal 4 - 4.5 oz turkey breast, brocolli
    (32P)
    Meal 5 - Protein, 2 TBS lt cream
    (32P, 6F)

160P, 28F

WORKOUT:
    Chest, 55 mins cardio, tough! Havent done cardio in a few, my heart rate was going like crazy!

All outa fishies-will get some tomorrow!
    Last edited by Jill; 01-19-2004 at 11:02 PM.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm Wactching

Rep Points

Too much cardio sacrafices muscle. Its not worth it Jill. You know this. Additional cardio is NOT going to make you burn extra fat.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

bring it!

Rep Points

I agree with Jodi, you dont need excess cardio hun! diet is 90% of the game, let cardio be your aid when you hit plateaus.
    Best of luck
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Going nowhere fast!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Re: Determined

Originally posted by Jill
    Somebody please remember that! I NEED to lose some fat or I wont be wearing any shorts or skirts for summer!
    I can see where a little hounding will benefit me as well ... shorts, skirts, summer. I'll be watching you as well.
    Now rollin' with the Raider

Back to reality

Rep Points

Thanks all! K, I'll go easy on the cardio once again...Im not complaining either!!!

Back to reality

Rep Points

Is squash ok to eat on no carb days? Summer=1 carb, 1oz. Spaghetti=10 carbs, 1 cup. Any suggestions?

Rep Points

Summer squash is fine. Spaghetti squash and butternut squash should be saved for carb days.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Back to reality

Rep Points

Thanks Jodi! I found a recipe for summer squash: Grate the squash, then mix in an egg white as a binder. Make into patties. Fry in a pam sprayed pan. Hashbrowns!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I just ate and the sound of that made me hungry. Dammit

Rep Points

Thanks Jodi! I found a recipe for summer squash: Grate the squash, then mix in an egg white as a binder. Make into patties. Fry in a pam sprayed pan. Hashbrowns!
    Sounds good. Let me know how it turns out.

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yea, that does sound yummy
    Good Luck Jill!!
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

bring it!

Rep Points

hmmm I wanna know how they are too! sounds YUMMY
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Rep Points

Good Luck Jill!!!
    I Believe in the Impossible!!!

Going nowhere fast!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Jill, the girl in the pink is going to this camp in Calgary. The missus is starting to feel a little outgunned. I told her it's the perfect opportunity to get to know these girls and pick their brains.
    http://www.enel.ucalgary.ca/~shannon.../IMG_0968.html

Back to reality

Rep Points

Thanks Stacey! Girls, Im planning to try them for dinner tonight, Im excited! Hey NT, the girls in the pic look great, its a real motivator let me tell you! Tell the misses to just be herself, its whats inside that counts! Oh, and pick their brains is right!!! Hey, anyone know any good salmon recipes? I ate TONNES of salmon on holidays, and I bought some filets, just wondering any tips on cooking it? Im planning to pan fry it with pam, spices and lime juice. ummmm

Rep Points

man can you come cook for me
    I Believe in the Impossible!!!

Going nowhere fast!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I guess that lady is the cheerleading coach at GM. Funny how my daughter was discussing cheerleading and how she'll get to meet the coach of the GM squad tomorrow. She'll be excited to hear the news tonight.

Back to reality

Rep Points

Tuesday, January 13 - LOW CARB DAY

Meal 1 - Protein, fishies
    (32P, 2F)
    Meal 2 - Protein Pancake, 1 asian pear, 1 TBS sf jam
    (32P, 62C)
    Meal 3 - Protein Pancake, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 TBS sf jam, fishies
    (32P, 51C, 2F)
    Meal 4 - 5 oz grilled salmon, broccoli
    (30P, 7.5F)
    Meal 5 - 5 oz ext lean beef mised with some cc, salad with low c dressing, 1/2 box sf jello
    (35P, 15F)

WORKOUT:

Back, 45 mins cardio

My new fav foods: Grilled salmon and steamed broccoli! Just bought a steamer. Oh, tried the pancakes but with zucchini, gross!
    Last edited by Jill; 01-20-2004 at 10:35 PM.

bring it!

Rep Points

I love salmon and broccoli!! try grilling the broccoli too! I LOVE it, ate a boatload of it lastnite. haha

and JAM?? :o tooooo much sugars hun!

Back to reality

Rep Points

The jam I buy doesnt have any added sugar-its sweetened with sucralose. It has 5 carbs per TBS. You think that ok AJ? Thanks for stopping buy too!!! Its great motivation...Maybe someday I'll have abs like you!

Rep Points

I think its fine providing its used only once a day and you are counting the carbs. I actually just bought some myself today

BTW - your carbs don't look high enough for a low carb day. 1GxBW remember

Back to reality

Rep Points

Thanks Jodi! What do you use sf jam with? Oh, I usually only eat it once MAYBE twice a day, and I do count the carbs! I read the other day about mixing whey (vanilla) with water, then using it like milk with fiber one. Anyone ever try it? Ive mixed fiber 1 with water, and its kinda icky!

Rep Points

Thanks Jodi! What do you use sf jam with? Oh, I usually only eat it once MAYBE twice a day, and I do count the carbs! I read the other day about mixing whey (vanilla) with water, then using it like milk with fiber one. Anyone ever try it? Ive mixed fiber 1 with water, and its kinda icky!
    Its smuckers preserves. Its lots of sugar alcohols so try to just stick with once a day I put it on my ww toast

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I just bought the low carb bread tonight I already have the jam in the fridge

But I couldnt get the low carb milk. Seems we dont have it around here
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

bring it!

Rep Points

that was my suggestion Its YUMMY

Back to reality

Rep Points

Didnt really like it AJ Atleast not at 5:30 am! I ate the fiber 1, then downed the water and protein! Where can I find low carb milk / bread? Needing some advice. Havent done legs in almost 3 weeks. Did them this am. Lost some strength, but I have decided that I dont want my legs to get any bigger, (they are big enough) so I kept my reps between 12-15, with a good amount of weight. Any tips?

Rep Points

Didnt really like it AJ Atleast not at 5:30 am! I ate the fiber 1, then downed the water and protein! Where can I find low carb milk / bread? Needing some advice. Havent done legs in almost 3 weeks. Did them this am. Lost some strength, but I have decided that I dont want my legs to get any bigger, (they are big enough) so I kept my reps between 12-15, with a good amount of weight. Any tips?
    Yes, lower your reps to 4-6 and increase your weight. This will build strength but not growth.

bring it!

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Yes, lower your reps to 4-6 and increase your weight. This will build strength but not growth.
    I agree.. heavier with those reps doesnt build muscle as most think.. and you get to feel mighty strong going heavier!

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast