• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

palm program for calorie,fat,protein,carbs

rez

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
nice palm program for calorie,fat,protein,carbs

http://www.calorieking.com/handheld/

I am in no way involved with selling this palm pilot program. It's called Calorie King Diet Diary. I use it and really love it. I hope it is okay to post this here. I am not trying to advertise, I think a lot of people will find it helpful like I do.

It has a huge database of foods and you can add your own. I have all of my protein powder in it and everything. You simply click through it and add the number of servings you have eaten today or what you plan to eat to see all of the totals. It really helps me juggle my 6 meals to get the right balance of protein, carbs, fats, and calories. example: if I drink a shake, I go to my foods folder and add 2 scoops of whey to my day. It puts all the numbers to my day for me.

You can also save "meals", combinations that you eat often, so you can add them to your day faster. Like, 1 can tuna, 1 tablespoon fatfree mayo, 1/2 cup baby spinach, 1 whole wheat tortilla. You can save that as a meal so you can add it to your day faster.

There is also a library of excercises and you can add your own. Weightlifting, running or whatever. So it subtracts those calories.

gripes:
I wish it calculated net carbs for me. You can see the fiber and carbs, so you can do the math yourself, but the total carbs for the day isn't the avctive carbs. Although, you can change and save the carbs for each food to whatever you want. So you could change each foods carb total to the active carb amount and the daily total would be active carbs.

Same for fats. It only calculates the total fat. Not saturated, etc. But you can also use the total fat feild for whichever one you want.

Not sure if that made sense, but there is probably a demo.

I think I'll write them and make some suggestions.

Last edited:
hmmmm

That one has a few extras. I'm going to try it. Thanks!

I have demo of that one now. It's very nice. I prefer the layout of Calorie King myself though. It's easier to use for me. Maybe I'm just used to it.

I do like some of the extra features of Diet and Excercise Assistant. You can keep track of your water intake, blood pressure, and body measurements.

Hopefully, a future version of CK will have that stuff.

I ended up getting a Steak Dinner at Outbacks Steak House the other night. It's really nice having so much Restaurant nutrition info in the palm of my hand. It helped me stay away from what I already knew I shouldn't order. I wonder how accurate the included database for restaurants really is though. Like, I know chefs like to broil butter on steaks to make them more tender. A lot of people don't know that. I wonder if things like that are considered.

Originally posted by rez
I have demo of that one now. It's very nice. I prefer the layout of Calorie King myself though. It's easier to use for me. Maybe I'm just used to it.

I do like some of the extra features of Diet and Excercise Assistant. You can keep track of your water intake, blood pressure, and body measurements.

Hopefully, a future version of CK will have that stuff.

Well, you are not going to find a PDA program that does everything. Personally, I'd like to see the program I use offer more as far as exercise tracking goes. But it does have a digital note pad for each day, so I can type in what I worked that day. The diet info in the latest version (5.0) is much broader than the older version...lots more restaurant info.

I had my PDA turned off for a couple of weeks. My battery died and the backup also died, causing my PDA to lose all it's data (contacts, e-mails, and diet software/history). I was seriously bummed. When I recharged the battery and ran a synch to my PC, it restored all my data, software, and diet history from a backup. WOO HOO! I thought I'd have to reinstall the software and start from scratch. Sweeeeeeet. :)

Back