• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Short/fast cutting, or long drawn out ones...

Dale Mabry

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well, I was perusing avant labs and came across a discussion they were having. I have always believed in stripping the weight off as fast as possible, which I thought was a fairly rare opinion. Apparently a few people go at it this way, alot more than I thought. So, since almost 2 weeks ago, I decided a fast cut was in order. Surprisingly, I have not lost strength in any exercise but squats, which I am attributing to the HIIT 4 days a week. I am down to 216 from 230 in this short time. One thing I also notice is that I sleep way better as well, probably from the energy crash after a workout.

Anyway, I do not go at this alone, I have my trusty friends Absolved, Flax oil and Phosphatidylserine by my side. While I use the absolved and flax to help speed up the fat loss, I feel that the phosphatidylserine is the key. I feel that since my body is under stress from being at a caloric deficit, I am primed for cortisol release. It is my hope, which has been backed by scientific evidence, that 800mg of Phosphatidylserine prior to workouts will get a handle on the cortisol and prevent at least some of the muscle breakdown which can occur thru heavy dieting.

Well, what are your thoughts? Do you prefer short quick cutting phases or long drawn out ones?

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
Well, I was perusing avant labs and came across a discussion they were having. I have always believed in stripping the weight off as fast as possible, which I thought was a fairly rare opinion. Apparently a few people go at it this way, alot more than I thought. So, since almost 2 weeks ago, I decided a fast cut was in order. Surprisingly, I have not lost strength in any exercise but squats, which I am attributing to the HIIT 4 days a week. I am down to 216 from 230 in this short time. One thing I also notice is that I sleep way better as well, probably from the energy crash after a workout.

Anyway, I do not go at this alone, I have my trusty friends Absolved, Flax oil and Phosphatidylserine by my side. While I use the absolved and flax to help speed up the fat loss, I feel that the phosphatidylserine is the key. I feel that since my body is under stress from being at a caloric deficit, I am primed for cortisol release. It is my hope, which has been backed by scientific evidence, that 800mg of Phosphatidylserine prior to workouts will get a handle on the cortisol and prevent at least some of the muscle breakdown which can occur thru heavy dieting.

Well, what are your thoughts? Do you prefer short quick cutting phases or long drawn out ones?
I prefer short cuts. Actually, I do plan on doing a 3 week crash cut the beginning of Feb to strip some of the fat from my current bulk. However, I will be using Leptigen and Lipo Ultra for mine ;)

I'm curious to see what your diet looks like during this cut.

1800 cals, 200g protein, 150g carb, 45g fat.

My bad

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
1800 cals, 200g protein, 150g carb, 45g fat.

My bad
:eek2: Damn!!!!! That's harsh :eek:

Originally posted by Jodi
:eek2: Damn!!!!! That's harsh :eek:

:eek: :eek: I agree!! thats low!

You kow how harsh it is? When I saw harsh in your post, i thought it said hash, like corned beef hash. Boy, I would kill for some corned beef hash right now. :(

I haven't heard of Phosphatidylserine and am not sure what it is. You don't have to waste your time explaining it, just a link to an article or something would be helpful. :)

Thank you sir, you're a scholar and a gentleman.

Dale, I've used long, slow cuts successfully but really like your short, quick cut. Great job you've done!

Two questions: Has the Phosphatidylserine also improved your memory? How expensive is it?

IML Gear Cream!
Actually, to tell you the truth, it has improved my SHORT-TERM memory especially as it pertains to numbers. I have to deal with data and stats all day and can tell you that it takes less effort to put more numbers into memory. I am also in a much better mood too, but I don't know if that is cuz of the supp or cuz my fat is falling off nicely.

I get my PS at www.bulknutrition.com from NOW Foods. I believe it costs $35 for 120 caps, which lasts 15 workouts which for me is about 4 weeks.

Dale, thanks for the info. Phosphatidylserine sounds like a very useful supplement that isn't extremely popular. I may have to try it next time I cut. When I stagger out of the gym after a hard workout, it may even help me remember where I parked my car. :)

i'd like to know more about short cuts..for females..

jodi, how does yours work?

thanks in advance.. :)

Originally posted by greekblondechic
i'd like to know more about short cuts..for females..

jodi, how does yours work?

thanks in advance.. :)
I follow carb cycling with a tweak ;)

ive read about carb cycling.. i may start that soon

whats your tweak or is that a secret hehe

That's a secret. :shhh:

lol, thats the cutest smiley

any recommendations for me then?

ive been sticking to my diet..but i feel like i am gaining fat and its very discouraging..some fast results would definately make me feel better!

lol, thats the cutest smiley

any recommendations for me then?

ive been sticking to my diet..but i feel like i am gaining fat and its very discouraging..some fast results would definately make me feel better!
Follow the plan as written. High, Low, No.....It works and it works well. I did this diet for my competition as did Leslie. Lower the amount of cardio and lift hard and heavy. Cardio is overrated.

i already have a lot of muscle mass and i put it on quite easily. so i lift light... :shrug: it sucks..

i already have a lot of muscle mass and i put it on quite easily. so i lift light... :shrug: it sucks..
Why?? You don't want more muscle mass? I use to be the same way and put on muscle very fast but my body has leveled out and doesn't seem to want to gain anymore muscle lately. :shrug: I'm not saying I've reached my potential, I just think I've reached a plateau. Lifting light doesn't do crap.

IML Gear Cream!
no hon, i dont want any more muscle mass

i know that muscle is good and it makes u have a higher metabolism..but i have a big frame and plenty of muscle.. all i want is fat loss and i guess maintain the muscle i have now..

i think i have somewhat high test levels because i am greek..

Originally posted by Jodi
Why?? You don't want more muscle mass? I use to be the same way and put on muscle very fast but my body has leveled out and doesn't seem to want to gain anymore muscle lately. :shrug: I'm not saying I've reached my potential, I just think I've reached a plateau. Lifting light doesn't do crap.

I agree, lifting light is not going to shape your body, muscle takes up much LESS space overall than fat does, yet it weighs more.
as for TP's carb cycling diet, works very well! :thumb:

Back