• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

whey protein isolate or concentrate?

easyb

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I looked at allthewhey protien on their website, so which is better? The isolate is far more expensive.

Q. What is the difference between All the Whey Protein Isolate and All the Whey Protein Concentrate?

A. The amount of protein in All the Whey Protein Concentrate is 22 grams per serving and the balance is made up of 2 grams fat, 2 grams carbohydrate and a mixture of minerals amounting to less than 1 gram. All the Whey Protein Isolate is the purest form of whey protein and contains 25 grams of protein per serving, less than 1 gram of carbohydrates, less than 1 gram of minerals and trace amounts of fat. The cost per serving is a little bit more because of the purity of the product.

http://www.ironmagazine.com/article71.html

While the suggestion is from most of the manufacturers that Isolate or Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides are better, in fact, this is commonly an acid process which destroys the bonus factors of the whey protein. Hydrolyzation is a "pre-digestion" process which makes the protein enter the muscles quicker, which is good (most likely, although this also depends on your purposes for eating the protein at that moment), but the other major components of the whey protein, called sub-fractions, are damaged in the process. To our thinking, this is the main factor against most whey protein isolates, which are usually acid processed.

STICK WITH PLAIN WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE. Results wise, it is often better than Isolates or Hydrolysates and yet it costs virtually nothing!

to your knowledge, do you know specifically of any company that uses the acid bath treatment as opposed to enzymatic hydrolysis? Although you do state 'usually" and "most", I'd like to know if you have information on Prolab Pro Whey- is this an enzyme bath or acid wash ?

Originally posted by Testosterone
STICK WITH PLAIN WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE. Results wise, it is often better than Isolates or Hydrolysates and yet it costs virtually nothing!

I have lots of NOTHING, so send me 50 pounds of the concentrate!!!. :D thanks

So if it costs virtually nothing, what does that equate to in reality? lol

Enzymatic process is costly. So it will reflect in the end price of the product.
Prolab dont use it, neither do universal or optimum.
i dont think any company employs it except for Beverly and Dorian yates approved....maybe there're 2-3 others who stand by their "UNDENATURED WHEY PROTEIN BLEND".
Originally posted by MarcusMaximus
to your knowledge, do you know specifically of any company that uses the acid bath treatment as opposed to enzymatic hydrolysis? Although you do state 'usually" and "most", I'd like to know if you have information on Prolab Pro Whey- is this an enzyme bath or acid wash ?

Back