• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question about training for power.

Michael D

Working on a new me!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If I am benching solely for strength, what kind of routine am I looking at? I was told doubles and triples. How many sets though? And at what percentage of my 1rm?

Thanks.

I would focus on your diet and nutrician first... If you want strength on your bench IMO you need to bulk up. This means you want to eat, eat, eat, eat and when your done eating, eat some more. Make sure your getting your 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight... and take some creatine too.

For bulking or any training for that matter, first make sure you warm up well.

set 1 ... Warmup 10-12 reps
set 2 Setup a good starting weight do 10 reps
set 3 Add 10-20lbs Do 8 reps
set 4 Add 10-20lbs Do 6 reps
set 5 Add 10-20lbs Do 4 reps

Now this is one way of doing it.... but there are several other similar methods. The key is to add weight each time. If you don't continue adding weight you will never get stronger. Me I follow that method but I do 5 reps from start to finish. Except for my last few sets I do 3 and and then 2 reps... Again the key is to keep adding weight. You will then quickly see yourself getting stronger and stonger. After 3-6 months you should notice a substantial increase in strength.

Originally posted by Randy
I would focus on your diet and nutrician first... If you want strength on your bench IMO you need to bulk up. This means you want to eat, eat, eat, eat and when your done eating, eat some more. Make sure your getting your 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight... and take some creatine too.

For bulking or any training for that matter, first make sure you warm up well.

set 1 ... Warmup 10-12 reps
set 2 Setup a good starting weight do 10 reps
set 3 Add 10-20lbs Do 8 reps
set 4 Add 10-20lbs Do 6 reps
set 5 Add 10-20lbs Do 4 reps

Now this is one way of doing it.... but there are several other similar methods. The key is to add weight each time. If you don't continue adding weight you will never get stronger. Me I follow that method but I do 5 reps from start to finish. Except for my last few sets I do 3 and and then 2 reps... Again the key is to keep adding weight. You will then quickly see yourself getting stronger and stonger. After 3-6 months you should notice a substantial increase in strength.

I have been watching my diet somewhat and have increased my calorie intake. I also take creatine and protein.

What is a good starting weight for 10 reps? One I can only do for 10? What would a substantial strength gain be?

What is a good starting weight for 10 reps...

Well here is an example of what I am doing right now...
It is a slightly different approach. I use a lighter starting weight and work up gradually. Try just adding like 20 lbs. more than your warmup and work up from there..

130 warmup 10 reps
150 5 reps
180 5 reps
220 5 reps
250 5 reps
270 3 reps
290 2 reps

Now what would a substantial strength gain be in 6 months for a natural?... well that all varies... But I wouldn't be surprised if a beginner could see a good 60-80lb increase in 6 months. This is just a guess of course.

Originally posted by Michael D
I have been watching my diet somewhat and have increased my calorie intake. I also take creatine and protein.

What is a good starting weight for 10 reps? One I can only do for 10? What would a substantial strength gain be?

Back