Carb cycling and weighing food.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Carb cycling and weighing food.

Do you think a food scale is necessary for keeping track of carbs on low carb day? It's kind of hard to figure out how many carbs are in a potato unless you weigh it.

I guess it would also help if you weighed your protein sources as well, to have a better idea of how much you're consuming.

Where do you buy food scales?

Another question:

I finally found Carb Countdown milk. Can you drink the stuff while carb cycling?? Thanks.

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Re: Carb cycling and weighing food.

Originally posted by Av8tor
    Do you think a food scale is necessary for keeping track of carbs on low carb day? It's kind of hard to figure out how many carbs are in a potato unless you weigh it.

Sweet potato ~ 4 oz= 1/2 cup
    Same with ground beef.

I guess it would also help if you weighed your protein sources as well, to have a better idea of how much you're consuming.

TP's carb cycling doe snot require one to wiegh protein- just that you are getting at least 1 pound per pound of BW. But again you should have an idea of what 5 oz chicken is...

Where do you buy food scales?

You can find them in places like Walmart, Linens N Things, Bed Bath and Beyond and over the internet. They are relatively cheap. $15-$20 will buy you a nice one. But you can find one for under $10 too

Another question:

I finally found Carb Countdown milk. Can you drink the stuff while carb cycling?? Thanks.
    Yes. It stil does contain some sugar(small amount) so I would stick to it on Low and high carb day only
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thanks Leslie.

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Anytime
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I got mine on sale for $2.25 and it does great. Places Leslie stated should have them. I never use to measure anything in the begining but now I can't live without it. I go any buy like $200 worth of mixed meats and cut/weight all of it in one shot. Pre wrap it and stock the freezer, each package is an individual meal for my special purpose of that day. I have little 5oz portions and my main meal 10oz portions etc. It works great.
    "Only in dictionaries does SUCCESS come before WORK." -Alfred K. Henderson

Today I do what others will not so that tomorrow I can do what others cannot!

Back to reality

Rep Points

I never really realized what 4oz of chicken was till I purchased a scale! I was eating way more than 4oz before I bought a scale. I would highly recommend one! How about even measuring cups for carbs?

MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I measure my carbs as well. And after a while of using the same storage container I can eye ball it pretty accurately. I also use the same size box of rice so I know I get 3 servings out of it.

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

What is the measurement of carbs you're supposed to eat while on a high carb day. Is it cups, oz.s, grams? Same question for low carbs days?

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I measure pretty much everything. either with the food scale or a measuring cup. It's too easy to over eat without doing so.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

Originally posted by jaim91
    What is the measurement of carbs you're supposed to eat while on a high carb day. Is it cups, oz.s, grams? Same question for low carbs days?
    You're not supposed to measure the carbs on high carb day. You are to eat until sated.

It would, however, be beneficial to keep track of how much you're eating if you need to tweak the diet later on.

Rep Points

Read the article. It states it all in the article.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

So when it says Low carbs, I am supposed to aim for under 60 grams of carbs?

Rep Points

Please read the article

It states 1G carb per lb of bw.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

I apologize if this is obnoxious Jodi, but can you please post the URL for the carb cycling article?

MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

This is healthy right? Should I ever do two days in a row of the same thing eg. Monday and Tuesday = no carbs days?

bring it!

Rep Points

yes this is a healthier diet compared to many others. however you do not need to DIET. Id much rather suggest that you follow a balanced diet everyday.
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

Oh...alright then. Would you think it was healthy to go on a 40-30-30 (protein-carbs-fat)? Are you advising me against it based on my age or stats?

bring it!

Rep Points

Originally posted by jaim91
    Oh...alright then. Would you think it was healthy to go on a 40-30-30 (protein-carbs-fat)? Are you advising me against it based on my age or stats?
    Im merely saying that you dont need to diet
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

There's a difference between dieting as in cutting, and dieting as in following a 40-30-30 something. IS that balanced? Is the carb cycling only for cutters, or anybody?

Rep Points

Any diet can be manipulated for cutting, bulking or maintaining. I use carb cycling for all 3 (cutting, bulking, maintaining) so yes you can do it too.

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

When you're cutting/ bulking/ maintaining, what is the ratio of no carb/low carb/high carb days?