• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Carb cycling and weighing food.

Av8tor

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you think a food scale is necessary for keeping track of carbs on low carb day? It's kind of hard to figure out how many carbs are in a potato unless you weigh it.

I guess it would also help if you weighed your protein sources as well, to have a better idea of how much you're consuming.

Where do you buy food scales?

Another question:

I finally found Carb Countdown milk. Can you drink the stuff while carb cycling?? Thanks.

Originally posted by Av8tor
Do you think a food scale is necessary for keeping track of carbs on low carb day? It's kind of hard to figure out how many carbs are in a potato unless you weigh it.

Sweet potato ~ 4 oz= 1/2 cup;)
Same with ground beef.

I guess it would also help if you weighed your protein sources as well, to have a better idea of how much you're consuming.

TP's carb cycling doe snot require one to wiegh protein- just that you are getting at least 1 pound per pound of BW. But again you should have an idea of what 5 oz chicken is...

Where do you buy food scales?

You can find them in places like Walmart, Linens N Things, Bed Bath and Beyond and over the internet. They are relatively cheap. $15-$20 will buy you a nice one. But you can find one for under $10 too

Another question:

I finally found Carb Countdown milk. Can you drink the stuff while carb cycling?? Thanks.
Yes. It stil does contain some sugar(small amount) so I would stick to it on Low and high carb day only:)

I got mine on sale for $2.25 and it does great. Places Leslie stated should have them. I never use to measure anything in the begining but now I can't live without it. I go any buy like $200 worth of mixed meats and cut/weight all of it in one shot. Pre wrap it and stock the freezer, each package is an individual meal for my special purpose of that day. I have little 5oz portions and my main meal 10oz portions etc. It works great.

I never really realized what 4oz of chicken was till I purchased a scale! I was eating way more than 4oz before I bought a scale. I would highly recommend one!:thumbup: How about even measuring cups for carbs?

I measure my carbs as well. And after a while of using the same storage container I can eye ball it pretty accurately. I also use the same size box of rice so I know I get 3 servings out of it.

What is the measurement of carbs you're supposed to eat while on a high carb day. Is it cups, oz.s, grams? Same question for low carbs days?

I measure pretty much everything. either with the food scale or a measuring cup. It's too easy to over eat without doing so.

Originally posted by jaim91
What is the measurement of carbs you're supposed to eat while on a high carb day. Is it cups, oz.s, grams? Same question for low carbs days?

You're not supposed to measure the carbs on high carb day. You are to eat until sated.

It would, however, be beneficial to keep track of how much you're eating if you need to tweak the diet later on.

IML Gear Cream!
Read the article. It states it all in the article.

So when it says Low carbs, I am supposed to aim for under 60 grams of carbs?

Please read the article :)

It states 1G carb per lb of bw.

I apologize if this is obnoxious Jodi, but can you please post the URL for the carb cycling article?

This is healthy right? Should I ever do two days in a row of the same thing eg. Monday and Tuesday = no carbs days?

yes this is a healthier diet compared to many others. however you do not need to DIET. Id much rather suggest that you follow a balanced diet everyday.

Oh...alright then. Would you think it was healthy to go on a 40-30-30 (protein-carbs-fat)? Are you advising me against it based on my age or stats?

Originally posted by jaim91
Oh...alright then. Would you think it was healthy to go on a 40-30-30 (protein-carbs-fat)? Are you advising me against it based on my age or stats?

Im merely saying that you dont need to diet :)

There's a difference between dieting as in cutting, and dieting as in following a 40-30-30 something. IS that balanced? Is the carb cycling only for cutters, or anybody?

IML Gear Cream!
Any diet can be manipulated for cutting, bulking or maintaining. I use carb cycling for all 3 (cutting, bulking, maintaining) so yes you can do it too.

When you're cutting/ bulking/ maintaining, what is the ratio of no carb/low carb/high carb days?

Back