• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Vitamin C and Bodybuilding

John H.

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I read in MUSCLE BUILDING FOR EVERY BODY (MuscleMag International, c2002), by Robert Kennedy, that a Bodybuilder should consume between 3,000 to 6,000 mg a day of Vitamin C and that the vitamin has many advantages. It is very helpful in repairing the "damage" done to your body in weight lifting. My question: do you know if "regular" Vitamin C is fine or if Ester-C (Vitamin C) would be better to use and have more useful effect on your body? I guess I could ask Robert Kennedy the author if I knew he e-mail but I thought I'd ask you if you had any experience with using Vitamin C and your thoughts. Take Care, John H.

I am taking extra C due to my recent surgery.

Linus Pauling believed that you need to take a lot more of micronutrients.

Linus did eventually get cancer (testicular wasn't it?) but he was on MegaC for sure. There are drawbacks to that though.

I take C when I feel like it, but it is oft recommended post workout, for reasons of cortisol.

Originally posted by John H.
I read in MUSCLE BUILDING FOR EVERY BODY (MuscleMag International, c2002), by Robert Kennedy, that a Bodybuilder should consume between 3,000 to 6,000 mg a day of Vitamin C and that the vitamin has many advantages. It is very helpful in repairing the "damage" done to your body in weight lifting. My question: do you know if "regular" Vitamin C is fine or if Ester-C (Vitamin C) would be better to use and have more useful effect on your body? I guess I could ask Robert Kennedy the author if I knew he e-mail but I thought I'd ask you if you had any experience with using Vitamin C and your thoughts. Take Care, John H.

A note to clarify: The book I mention above, the printing on the title page and spine and cover and throughout the book shows: MuscleBuilding for EveryBody (note the capital letters and no spacing between words). So if you try to find this book on some site you might have to type it many ways: Muscle Building for Every Body, MuscleBuilding for EveryBody (without spaces between words) to get it to come up or enter it under the author Robert Kennedy). The ISBN for the book is: 1552100251. If it is not entered properly AS IT WAS ENTERED by "whoever" on the site you are looking for it it may not appear under the title UNLESS you enter it AS THE PERSON entered it on that site. Take Care, John H.

I believe more importantly that bodybuilders should take a multivitmain every day. I have been taking them for approx 15 years already. Generic centrum is good overall vitamin. I also take additional Cal/Mag/Zinc pills...build strong bone and muscles. There are people that swear by additional vitamin c, but then again, you can get a concensus on any belief.

My 2 cents

Originally posted by GettingBigger
I believe more importantly that bodybuilders should take a multivitmain every day. I have been taking them for approx 15 years already. Generic centrum is good overall vitamin. I also take additional Cal/Mag/Zinc pills...build strong bone and muscles. There are people that swear by additional vitamin c, but then again, you can get a concensus on any belief.

My 2 cents
Hi Getting. See the book I mentioned. I was kinda surprised (not really and yet I was) when I read in it about ALL the benefits of Vitamin C (NOT what we generally think of but so much more!). Take Care, John H.

I'm not much of a reader....college ended that. Is it available to book on tape or a DVD? Just kiddiing.

I'm going to Vegas next week so maybe I'll get the book for airplane reading.

John...by the way where have you been? I have missed my "fill" of John H. postings. I was going thru withdrawl.

I'm not much of a reader....college ended that. Is it available to book on tape or a DVD? Just kiddiing.

I'm going to Vegas next week so maybe I'll get the book for airplane reading.

Hi Getting. It is a book. Also I like IRONMAN'S ULTIMATE BODYBUILDING ENCYCLOPEDIA too a lot! If you can not find it at the library (get them to borrow it for you from another library if they do not have it) or go to www.amazon.com and see about purchasing - they are really worth your money in my book... (Vegas next week - doesn't give you much time does it?). Hey Buddy, WIN some money and create your own library and gym.... Take Care, John H.

IML Gear Cream!
John...by the way where have you been? I have missed my "fill" of John H. postings. I was going thru withdrawl.
Hi Getting. I got "thrown off" that "other Board" I guess - still do not know why and I even asked what the problem was supposed to be - you'd think they would say "hey there is a problem and state what that is and give you a chance to 'correct it'" and also at least have the decency to TELL you (inform you) themselves you have been banned but they did not - I was told by someone I know... I do not see what is so wrong about telling the truth and being accurate and honest... We are adults - if we can not "discuss" things then WHO CAN and WHO gives the "ok"? Take Care, John H.

Hey John...

Unrelated point. I was in your neck of the woods last weekend. I was camping with some buds at Linn Run state park near Forbes State Forest. Nice but it was cold last weekend. Couldn't do much outside so we just drank and shot the shit. My finacee is allowing me to go camping again this weekend but only Saturday (woo-hoo). This time we are meeting at Parker Dam state park near Moshannon State Forest. Hopefully we can do some hiking and stuff. I love the outdoors. I think that it is healthy for my mental state of mind. It is probably the only thing that I am willing to give up to going to the gym for.

Back